"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:16:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Grenade launchers  (Read 3605 times)

Grenade launchers
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:29:54 pm »

Hi! Its good idea to add some fresh weapons that we can chop other players with it! I think grenade launchers should be nice-they be small guns.

M79
Good metal parts
wood
metal parts x3

M79 grenade x5
electronic parts
metal parts x2
gunpowder x8

M79 Plasma grenade
electronic parts
metal parts x2
refined uranium ore

And also,adding grenade launchers to rifles!
Re: Grenade launchers
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:40:20 pm »

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Grenade_pistol

I actually thought, out of all the Tactics inventory items, the image could quite easily be tweaked to fit with F1/2. But that would also require grenade ammo and so on.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:41:59 pm »

Yea,in fallout tactics there is lots of cool weapons

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:52:53 pm »

im one of those who say balance existing first then add new :>
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »

im one of those who say balance existing first then add new :>

Oh yeah, totally agreed. Poor old zip guns. And solar scorchers.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:11 pm »

Oh yeah, totally agreed. Poor old zip guns. And solar scorchers.

and wakizashi blades, lousville slugger, lil jesus knife, phazer maybe even pulse pistol/allien blaster after those CA (enclave?) with better resistance against energy weapons will be implemented to game.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »

and wakizashi blades, lousville slugger, lil jesus knife maybe even pulse pistol/allien blaster after those CA (enclave?) with better resistance against energy weapons will be implemented to game.

I've always wondered, if there's armour that serves as a hard counter to lasers (metal), why isn't there an equivalent for other weapon types?
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:45:52 pm »

I've always wondered, if there's armour that serves as a hard counter to lasers (metal), why isn't there an equivalent for other weapon types?

Good point , i can't understand it too because the current DR system makes no sense to me.
Maybe it's because F1 and F2 armors weren't meant for a PVP play , things need to change.

About the grenade launcher , I think it is a viable strategy to make grenades as ammo(still would be throwable) for a certain weapon. Would give grenades a much bigger part in the PVP system now , because ...... well how often do you see thrower powerbuilds ? Would have to make balance between throwing and shooting them , but i think it is doable.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:53:22 pm by T-888 »

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 03:53:36 am »

there are enough Small Guns now, and it is not a Big Gun
instead of this you should think in add new Energy Weapons, maybe ones capable of burst, and of course Pulse Weaponry, being balanced of course

maybe pulse weapons could be added making electrical damage capable of burst and with low damage (8-14 for Pulse Pistol and 10-18 to Pulse Rifle) they wont be critical weapons, it sounds nice for me, and maybe it make EW more viable in TC, and more variation to EW.

otherwise a normal balanced gun with electrical damage is enough, and we will see that funny animation
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:01:34 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 07:22:35 am »

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Grenade_pistol

I actually thought, out of all the Tactics inventory items, the image could quite easily be tweaked to fit with F1/2. But that would also require grenade ammo and so on.
Yeah i agree that some weapons from Tactics can easily added to 2238, but i don't think devs have time to do that atm.
Now what i wait most is wipe and nothing else more.

Though.. Granade pistol would be better starting gun for BG than flamer (or both can be starting weapons)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 08:11:16 am »

We internally talked about such stuff already some time ago. Maybe it will happen for the next wipe. It's not yet sure, though.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »

We internally talked about such stuff already some time ago. Maybe it will happen for the next wipe. It's not yet sure, though.
please do add new weapons as soon as possaible more weapons are needed more variety in this game is needed to many people use same stuff its so boring. :)
Roaming the waste again.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 07:51:07 pm »

I don't think that more weapons are needed for more variety, if not even all of the existing ones are used.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 07:57:33 pm »

I don't think that more weapons are needed for more variety, if not even all of the existing ones are used.
not all weapons are used because there are only some good weapons for general good game play but come on everyone knows more weapons would be loved i loved playing tatics because there where so many weapons to chose from made me happy am tired of chooseing between too weapons that are good for general game play i want more to choose from i just like variety thats all. ;D
Roaming the waste again.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 09:19:54 pm »

New weapons are necessary for the sake of balance, not variety. For example, I'd like too see something like:

1. m202 (4 shot RL), which will make a rocket launcher really useful against the other weapons (now the tactic is simple: shoot and run, Run, RUN! Otherwise, you'll be killed by anyone, even by the guy carrying T0/T1 weapon)

2. some cheap big gun weapon, with a single shot mode. It's a pain in the arse for beginners to use big guns right now, because they consume a lot of ammo but don't do much damage by non-skilled players (I particulary mean minigun and such). Something like this could be nice.

3. some high tier energy weapon which do a high damage without of bypasses and criticals. The whole class of energy users are currently rely only on critical shots. What will happen to them after wipe, when you'll introduce a perks (as I've heard) which reduce the number of critical shots?

There's more of this kind of flaws, but I can't remember all of them simultaneously.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 2.377 seconds with 22 queries.