"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:26:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FOnline Xfire  (Read 17051 times)

Saumax

• The one who challenges the sun
    • NRA Forum
FOnline Xfire
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »

NOTE: its not quite tool for fonline but something useful

Hello lads, i want present you a Xfire with modificated .ini file in order to coperate with fonline.

What Xfire provide:

1. Voice chat
2. Normal Chat
3. Web Browser
4. Support php engines and Web-Based IRC Clients

Bigger Description:

With Xfire you can run any web page without closing game or skiping from window to window, you just use a shortcut and web browser pop up in game, it do not execute new application, even if you play in full skreen it doesn't matter, its also good alternative for mumble or teamspeak, all those actions now can be performed without minimalizing game or runing additional web browser or irc client.

How to instal it:

1. We download xfire from official page http://media.xfire.com/xfire/client/xfsite/xfire_installer.exe
2. We create a new account (actually idk if its really required)
3. Go into X:\Program Files\Xfire\xfire_games.ini and find line 4639 (from Fallout 2  )
Next on the after line of 4639_2 add sth like this

[4639_3]
LongName=FOnline
ShortName=fonline
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE|USE_SWAPCHAIN
LauncherEXE=FOnline.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%

4. Restart Xfire

Chose Fallout 2 from this list (invisible on skreen because i already seted this up)(if you have installed fallout 2 it will be at begining of list), set Manual Detection and set path to fonline.exe then apply and save settings

set short cuts for example like i have

7. Disable ALL options in Broadcast tab

Great thanks for great help with it for jan0s1k

Few skreens:

Voice Chat window (on right):

Chat Window:

Web Browser:

Web Based IRC Client: chat.forestnet.org and mibbit.com (NOTE: mibbit is banned from #2238 all other channels work fine)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:51:15 pm by Saumax »
Mr. T używa kastetów ponieważ siła uderzenia przeciwnika gołą pięścią jest zbyt duża.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
Re: FOnline Xfire
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:12 am »

Thanks Saumax. This is awesome modification - now I dont have to jump around game and irc chat.
And what's more I don't need a mumble/ts to voice communication.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:45:28 am by Kombajn »
Currently retired.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:03:19 pm »

i love this,but

there is a way to use Y-messinger and skipe whit this?(i got frends on both)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:57 pm »

i love this,but

there is a way to use Y-messinger and skipe whit this?(i got frends on both)

nope because it's just xFire overlay ;] I wrote it (this lines for xfire_games.ini) because I just want do sth creative, Saumax make this guide more "humane" and I thanks him for it (even he has troubles when I talk to him how to do this ^^)

If anyone want to do it on Vista or Windows 7 "xfire_games.ini" is in "C:\Program Data\Xfire"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:48:32 pm by jan0s1k »

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:57:38 am »

Is is possible to change name from Fallout 2 to FOnline?

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:53:01 pm »

Is is possible to change name from Fallout 2 to FOnline?
if you do this what Saumax wrote, you will get name FOnline, but for others it will be still Fallout 2 becouse it's not possible to add new game to xfire ;p

EDIT: I made guide what looks humanize ^^ (my first looks terrible ;p) so it's alternative for Saumax guide
http://www.xfire.com/blog/jan0s1k/2227932/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:20:26 pm by jan0s1k »

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »

Hehe, I edited the INI myself. Funny to find this thread :D Gj. Btw add me on xfire MasacruForGroove

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 12:24:05 pm »

Really, i still would use Steam, because
A: You can voice chat and as his screenshot shows, it wont add anything over it.
B: Simplely use Shfit+Tab to enter the Overlay, upon which u can IM, Voice Chat (Key Press or Continued), User the Web Browser, and when a new message has been receieved, it simplely, pop's a little square up with apart of the message and who from :)
C: Its by Vavle the company who keeps up sending you updates to waste away on downloads :D

Edit: D: (smile face makes it look like im upset xD) It has a ''In Non-Steam Game'' when you add new Games into the list of your games :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:27:56 pm by Eleet »
Remember To Kill
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 12:25:57 pm »

It's a nice tool, but steam offers this aswell.

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 03:03:35 pm »

Really, i still would use Steam, because
A: You can voice chat and as his screenshot shows, it wont add anything over it.
B: Simplely use Shfit+Tab to enter the Overlay, upon which u can IM, Voice Chat (Key Press or Continued), User the Web Browser, and when a new message has been receieved, it simplely, pop's a little square up with apart of the message and who from :)
C: Its by Vavle the company who keeps up sending you updates to waste away on downloads :D

Edit: D: (smile face makes it look like im upset xD) It has a ''In Non-Steam Game'' when you add new Games into the list of your games :)
Steam is so memory eater and you must have a pretty nice CPU and graphic card for it -.- and also not only screenshots you can take, but you can record videos too, when you got message it pop up just like on Steam, you can go into overlay by ScrollLock+X as I remember, and has a lot of additional functions (for example web browsing, voice chat, chat in groups, etc...) And one more think, do you have in your Steam overlay nicks who speak in voice chat group? I think that not, but you have it in Xfire just like on normal voice communicators (for example Mumble, Teamspeak 3 - of course when you download additional overlay for Teamspeak ;p)

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 03:49:14 pm »

Steam is so memory eater and you must have a pretty nice CPU and graphic card for it -.- and also not only screenshots you can take, but you can record videos too, when you got message it pop up just like on Steam, you can go into overlay by ScrollLock+X as I remember, and has a lot of additional functions (for example web browsing, voice chat, chat in groups, etc...) And one more think, do you have in your Steam overlay nicks who speak in voice chat group? I think that not, but you have it in Xfire just like on normal voice communicators (for example Mumble, Teamspeak 3 - of course when you download additional overlay for Teamspeak ;p)

Lmao, if you cant run steam, im shocked your running FOnline....

and thats a waste of screen to me, if i had that on steam, i'd give up on it right away!!
Remember To Kill

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:50 pm »

Lmao, if you cant run steam, im shocked your running FOnline....

and thats a waste of screen to me, if i had that on steam, i'd give up on it right away!!
Always see who is retard.. but i don't blame you.
I'm paranoid about computers and i always need to get fastest computer (way or another)
And that's why i leave everything that eat computers RAM or other recourses off to play games with better quality.

So why to download/install trash to you computer, if you can get same thing with lower PC specs?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:10:57 pm by runboy93 »

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 04:21:51 pm »

Always see who is retard.. but i don't blame you.
I'm paranoid about computers and i always need to get fastest computer (way or another)
And that's why i leave everything that eat computers RAM or other recourses off to play games with better quality.

So why to download/install trash to you computer, if you can get same thing with lower PC specs?

Exactly, you know, rich kids are always whining if someone criticizes their memory eater... The fact is that I can run xfire, FOnline and Mumble and it works just fine, but when I launch Steam, I can't run other any games (except hl.exe enigine mods onto 800x600/1024x768) because for example in FOnline I had 1 fps when I try it with Steam...

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 05:57:32 pm »

I have used both, Steam and Xfire. First I was using Xfire, but I changed to Steam, because of the very good store and automatic updates for games. Both apps are fine though.

For me, Steam takes about 12MB of memory on idle. When doing something with it, it takes 40 - 50MB. To do some comparing, Mumble takes 20 - 30MB of memory when joined to a channel and idling and only 31MB when doing something with it. Xfire seems to take 8 - 9MB on idle. When doing something with it, 10 - 12MB.

You can't really talk about a memory eater, but it is true that Xfire requires less memory. :)

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 06:09:02 pm »

I have used both, Steam and Xfire. First I was using Xfire, but I changed to Steam, because of the very good store and automatic updates for games. Both apps are fine though.

For me, Steam takes about 12MB of memory on idle. When doing something with it, it takes 40 - 50MB. To do some comparing, Mumble takes 20 - 30MB of memory when joined to a channel and idling and only 31MB when doing something with it. Xfire seems to take 8 - 9MB on idle. When doing something with it, 10 - 12MB.

You can't really talk about a memory eater, but it is true that Xfire requires less memory. :)
I don't remember if it was memory, processor or graphic monster, but it takes almost every resources (when I launch it computer is sooooo sloooow and I see something like a 1 fps per 3 seconds ;p), why valve change old good Steam into new graphic shit  :'(

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.