"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:24:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FOnline Xfire  (Read 17060 times)

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
Re: FOnline Xfire
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 02:46:33 am »

I don't remember if it was memory, processor or graphic monster, but it takes almost every resources (when I launch it computer is sooooo sloooow and I see something like a 1 fps per 3 seconds ;p), why valve change old good Steam into new graphic shit  :'(

Dude, when did u last look at steam? i've been using this rig since like 07 and it still doesn't get lag from Steam....yea it takes up a bit, but in the end 50Mbs for awesome games, a newer ''Win 7''ish look is worth it...

And another thing about xfire, i cant stand the looks of it while playing a newer game, sooooooo old look, i'd say its more ''Win ME'' looks then anything >.<
Remember To Kill

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 06:03:56 am »

Dude, when did u last look at steam? i've been using this rig since like 07 and it still doesn't get lag from Steam....yea it takes up a bit, but in the end 50Mbs for awesome games, a newer ''Win 7''ish look is worth it...

And another thing about xfire, i cant stand the looks of it while playing a newer game, sooooooo old look, i'd say its more ''Win ME'' looks then anything >.<
I'm using (now rarely, but still...) Steam from 2008 holidays and I have to say that it never crashed, lagged or something before their "big design update", now I have slow, super duper ultra design shit... Xfire never changed in look and I hope that never changes

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:07 am »

I'm using (now rarely, but still...) Steam from 2008 holidays and I have to say that it never crashed, lagged or something before their "big design update", now I have slow, super duper ultra design shit... Xfire never changed in look and I hope that never changes

Dude, wow lol, im running a minecraft server, firefox, FOnline, and Steam, and im only just alil laggy atm....fix ur comp, get more memory and ram dude...i've got 2gbs of my hard drive as ram for safety xD

Edit: Ouch....i frooze the server :P time to close FOnline and play on my laptop :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:22:55 am by Eleet »
Remember To Kill

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »

Dude, wow lol, im running a minecraft server, firefox, FOnline, and Steam, and im only just alil laggy atm....fix ur comp, get more memory and ram dude...i've got 2gbs of my hard drive as ram for safety xD

Edit: Ouch....i frooze the server :P time to close FOnline and play on my laptop :)
;p I have a laptop and I'm think that is quite good (buy for something around 50 USD ;p)
Manufacturer:   
Hewlett-Packard
Processor:   
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.40GHz
Memory:   
512MB RAM
Hard Drive:   
160 GB (firstly 80GB but it's now broken disk so I have to buy a new one -.-)
Video Card:   
Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller
Monitor:   
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:   
Conexant AMC Audio
Speakers/Headphones:   
A4TECH HS-105
Keyboard:   
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse:   
Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Operating System:   
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Motherboard:   
Compaq Presario v2120EA
Statistics from Xfire. Do you have it in Steam? :)

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 09:42:43 am »

;p I have a laptop and I'm think that is quite good (buy for something around 50 USD ;p) Statistics from Xfire. Do you have it in Steam? :)

hold up, your ganna trust a lame ass program to check ur stats when u can simplely right click my computer or explorer and have it auto bring up? also, does xfire work on mac? no i bet not, anyways, u can stop now, or i bring many troll from 4chan here :P

(also, 50 USD is like...err....50 AUD.....AUD = not exactly much, so yea, if ur laptop is worth 50 USD then, bleh it must b a re-make of the first laptop ever xD)
Remember To Kill

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 03:38:46 pm »

hold up, your ganna trust a lame ass program to check ur stats when u can simplely right click my computer or explorer and have it auto bring up? also, does xfire work on mac? no i bet not, anyways, u can stop now, or i bring many troll from 4chan here :P

(also, 50 USD is like...err....50 AUD.....AUD = not exactly much, so yea, if ur laptop is worth 50 USD then, bleh it must b a re-make of the first laptop ever xD)
Lol... Have you seen first laptop? I think that not, yes I trust this program and this web app wrote so good since beggining, and what I can see in proporties of Windows? that I have processor with incorrect GHz ? and RAM wrong wrote? And also, when I done it (statistics) I don't have to look at proporties and hardware manager and rewrite this all shit here, because program done it for me and it's just copy-paste... And also, I don't have so much money (50 USD is hmm big money for me - student - yes I don't have word for it ;p) so this laptop looks for me as pretty good..

EDIT: for Mac Xfire works too, but without overlay because there is a pidgin plugin for it - Gfire...
Have you in your Steam statistics how long you play in FOnline? :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:54:43 pm by jan0s1k »

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »

50 USD for that laptop isn't really that much, but when comparing to somewhat average PC nowdays... puh. :)

Yeah, there is system information available in Steam too. Cool thing is that you can compare you system to others.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

There isn't way to see how long you have played FOnline, because it only makes a shortcut to the .exe file and it is a non-steam game. Actually you don't see how long you have played FOnline in Xfire either, but the tutorial shows how make Xfire recognize FOnline as Fallout 2. Basically you can mess up the statistics by playing Fallout 2. It would be nice to have this in Steam too.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 06:47:30 pm »

let's just don't transform this tread to a Steam vs. xFire forum(p.s., X-fire is better)

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 05:11:51 pm »

50 USD for that laptop isn't really that much, but when comparing to somewhat average PC nowdays... puh. :)

Yeah, there is system information available in Steam too. Cool thing is that you can compare you system to others.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

There isn't way to see how long you have played FOnline, because it only makes a shortcut to the .exe file and it is a non-steam game. Actually you don't see how long you have played FOnline in Xfire either, but the tutorial shows how make Xfire recognize FOnline as Fallout 2. Basically you can mess up the statistics by playing Fallout 2. It would be nice to have this in Steam too.

Thanks for the defence on Steams side, i dont have much intel on xFire cuz i cant stand it >.<

let's just don't transform this tread to a Steam vs. xFire forum(p.s., X-fire is better)

Haha u mad cuz Steam is tryin to get it customers to buy more games, which i think is fine, cuz there games are awesome, im yet to get 1 i dont like.
Remember To Kill
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 04:55:02 am »

Xfire is a great , lightweight program, as opposed to the hulking , invasive , resource hog that is Steam.

Bought Halflife when it came out, thought the game itself, and Valve were awesome.. I continued thinking this until I bought Sin:episodes -Emergence.  When I attempted to install the game, and found out that it was required of me to be connected to the internet, as well as install some extra application just to do anything,  I returned the game to the store. In my eyes, Steam is to gaming as Itunes is to music (Absolute trash)

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 10:57:04 pm »

Xfire is a great , lightweight program, as opposed to the hulking , invasive , resource hog that is Steam.

Bought Halflife when it came out, thought the game itself, and Valve were awesome.. I continued thinking this until I bought Sin:episodes -Emergence.  When I attempted to install the game, and found out that it was required of me to be connected to the internet, as well as install some extra application just to do anything,  I returned the game to the store. In my eyes, Steam is to gaming as Itunes is to music (Absolute trash)

I don't think it is really that "heavy" program. I haven't got any problems with even older PCs.

Yeah, it is bad that you are forced to use a program that you don't want to use. That's probably the only thing I dont like in Steam, but for me it is no problem, since I use it normally everyday. One of the really cool things in Steam is that you don't have to have any CDs for your games. You can download the games from the Steam's servers (yeah, bad thing when slow internet speed. But I think you don't buy "digital games" when you have slow internet speed). No need to keep CD-keys in safe places etc. You can optionally make a back up of a game and burn it to a CD so you don't have to download it later.

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 09:44:27 pm »

I don't think it is really that "heavy" program. I haven't got any problems with even older PCs.

Yeah, it is bad that you are forced to use a program that you don't want to use. That's probably the only thing I dont like in Steam, but for me it is no problem, since I use it normally everyday. One of the really cool things in Steam is that you don't have to have any CDs for your games. You can download the games from the Steam's servers (yeah, bad thing when slow internet speed. But I think you don't buy "digital games" when you have slow internet speed). No need to keep CD-keys in safe places etc. You can optionally make a back up of a game and burn it to a CD so you don't have to download it later.

it isnt a lightweight (peice of junk ...) because its got useuable features, and it's built to be used on Gaming Rigs, not 50$ USD Laptops....it's newest builds are for the newest OS (including Mac OSX 10.5).

it also saves you the trouble of running through pages on the internet just to find the download, and streams straight to you :)

also with the downloads, you cam choose were to get it from :D
Remember To Kill

Dziubek

• The Dark Brotherhood, Akatosh1
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 02:58:31 am »

It's working, great job!
TDB aka CS
Akatosh1

Eleet

• Dont Stop PKin
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 07:18:45 am »

Always see who is retard.. but i don't blame you.
I'm paranoid about computers and i always need to get fastest computer (way or another)
And that's why i leave everything that eat computers RAM or other recourses off to play games with better quality.

So why to download/install trash to you computer, if you can get same thing with lower PC specs?

i just noticed you edit this....

and as i have said, steam is built for gaming rigs, not something u pick up in the 2nd hand store that was built for minor office work x.x

God even my school laptop, which is horrible, is always using 60% memory etc etc, 70+ processes on launch, could run steam without a problem x.x
Remember To Kill
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »

In the new version of Xfire, the ini file is in the C:\ProgramData\Xfire folder.
That's a hidden folder, so type it in the adressbar.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 18 queries.