"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:25:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AP regen at 50% while running  (Read 1658 times)

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
AP regen at 50% while running
« on: September 22, 2010, 11:53:19 pm »

When you run in RT your ap should regen at a rate of 50% to prevent people from just running away from players with low range weapons and shooting them, as ranged weapons don't require you to move to attack but low range weapons do which unbalances combat. If I'm chasing a guy with a pistol and I have a flamer, he can stop to regen ap, start running when I get close and if I manage to get into range it'll just waste my ap's as he can easily run out of range once my char stands still to fire. Then I either stand there and regen ap while he shoots me or keep chasing him with no possible actions once I get close. With 50% regen during the chase, he can stop and shoot me at any point but if he does I can attack as well.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: AP regen at 50% while running
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:03:14 am »

Absolutely, its annoying as hell...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:09:05 am »

HtH people would be forever unable to reach their target, as they would just run, shoot, run.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:24:51 am »

i don't think this would fix anything but i cant really say cause it would need to be tested of course. but as dishonest abe said, but including all short range weapons imo. they would just have to run, shoot, run... AC just needs to worked in imho.
and one day, being level21, i found a guy, an i say "hi" and he say "hi im new in the game, and i try to find some brhmin hides" and i know how he is suffering,
AND I KILL HIM
this is fallout
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:38:57 am »

HtH people would be forever unable to reach their target, as they would just run, shoot, run.

That's pretty much already the case, since they walk when using attacks. So you run up to your target then select attack, oponent sees you are to close and runs again
you have to run up to him again, he stops 2 seconds for ap but it takes you 2 seconds to select his eyes/leg for an attack since regular punches arent really usseful.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:02:54 am »

this will lead to extrem unbalance. I imagine people running around floaters, shoot, run, shoot repeat with a low-tier weapon until they're dead. BING level up BING level up.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 02:52:40 pm »

this will lead to extrem unbalance. I imagine people running around floaters, shoot, run, shoot repeat with a low-tier weapon until they're dead. BING level up BING level up.

U can do it even now. Cause on floaters vs st. encounter u can just shoot on that comming to you and he turns on some other target. But it would take ages to gun down floater with mauser. Otherwise in non vs. encounter u run slightly faster thus u can wait on every corner of map for refreshing of APs but anyway it takes hell of a long ages.

I am for 50% AP regen while walking but not while running.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 03:20:40 pm »

U can do it even now. Cause on floaters vs st. encounter u can just shoot on that comming to you and he turns on some other target. But it would take ages to gun down floater with mauser. Otherwise in non vs. encounter u run slightly faster thus u can wait on every corner of map for refreshing of APs but anyway it takes hell of a long ages.

i am doin this since i first got a BG with rocketlauncher. The NPCs speed was increased already at this time but i noticed that wenn u run straight in 1 line u get away from them more and more and can make a stop to regain AP or shoot. but it still needs much time to do it allone in a non vs enc. giving AP regen while running will boost this extremly.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 03:54:23 pm »

150 unarmed or 150 + melle = when he run AP loading but -75% slower than person stay :>

better point than it.. but only for melle..

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 06:42:42 pm »

while walking won't help, you need to be able to chase players and attack, not one or the other.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.103 seconds with 21 queries.