"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:53:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Testing a Build  (Read 1855 times)

gordulan

• General Animosity
Testing a Build
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:55:01 pm »

I've been up with a build for a while now, and I'm pretty sure it's reasonably good, but I'd like some feedback on it.
S 4
P 6
E 6
C 3
I 7
A 8
L 6

Traits:
Fast Shot

Tags:
EW: At Lv 21 180%
Fa: Lv 21 172%
Doc: Lv 21 152%

Perks:
Awareness
Toughness
Magnetic Personality
Lifegiver
Action Boy
BRoF
Toughness

Notes: It will be able to fire 5 shots in a row with a plasma pistol and will be able to use two mercs as support.

It ought to have 177 HP at Lv 21 too.
So an Energy Spammer / Light Leader is the style in this build, I'd like some constructive criticism though...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Re: Testing a Build
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »

Not criticism, more of a suggestion:
Lower doc to 110-120 and FA to 150 (both high enough to be useful and you can get level 3 doc profession) and put those points in outdoorsman to get that to 100.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 03:14:42 pm »

Hmm, you got a point there, but, well, there's cars for that as well as trappers, no?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:17:42 pm »

Better drop the toughness on lvl 21 and take 2nd lifegiver on lvl 15...

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:24:27 pm »

hmm, I was thinking about this as a more PvE dedicated build, because of the toughness +5%DR & +2DT, that puts the BA to a 50%DR 12DT level, and MA Mk2 to a 45% 8DT level, I gotta say that the "minor" +24 HP can't be too impressive compared to the end results.

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 04:01:09 pm »

Why you  don t use small frame a +1 is not bad and you may carry some weight from the slaves

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 04:09:22 pm »

Yeah, take small frame, lower you IN (less FA and doc... even 100 FA 90 doc is good) and raise EN 2 points

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 05:44:32 pm »

Why you  don t use small frame a +1 is not bad and you may carry some weight from the slaves

On a closer inspection, the small frame trait is overrated, technically, a character whose ultimate weapon would be a plasma pistol which needs 4 Str deserves a character with 4 Str. if it waas a smallgunner I'd take small frame, because of the .223 pistol's 5 Str req.

Here's a comparison between 4 Str and 5Str+Small Frame.
4 Str:
+4 HP
+56 Kg CW
5 Str + SF:
+5 HP
+45 Kg CW

So, 4 Str without Small frame Trumps the 5 Str + SF every time you need an Energy Gunslinger build...

Yeah, take small frame, lower you IN (less FA and doc... even 100 FA 90 doc is good) and raise EN 2 points

That's one nice point really, that +23 HP will do well in the long run, Replaces the  second lifegiver quite nicely.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:58:58 pm by gordulan »

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 06:12:43 pm »

On a closer inspection, the small frame trait is overrated, technically, a character whose ultimate weapon would be a plasma pistol which needs 4 Str deserves a character with 4 Str. if it waas a smallgunner I'd take small frame, because of the .223 pistol's 5 Str req.

Here's a comparison between 4 Str and 5Str+Small Frame.
4 Str:
+4 HP
+56 Kg CW
5 Str + SF:
+5 HP
+45 Kg CW

So, 4 Str without Small frame Trumps the 5 Str + SF every time you need an Energy Gunslinger build...

That's one nice point really, that +23 HP will do well in the long run, Replaces the  second lifegiver quite nicely.

You can put that point anywhere, if you have follower to dump items into you don't need carry weight and str hp boosts are negligible. One extra point at the cost of carry is a great deal.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 07:36:49 pm »

are you just gunna use energy pistols? because if you are you should go with one hander for ur second trait

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »

You can put that point anywhere, if you have follower to dump items into you don't need carry weight and str hp boosts are negligible. One extra point at the cost of carry is a great deal.

the only problem is the beginning... when one can't afford a follower, and I make if a point to not have a faction backing me during the first 16-17 levels really, makes for boring gameplay (more so than going solo...) and that +1 point that Small frame will give will go into Str in the end, because to have a reasonable ok build you need 45 carry weight minimum, the only problem with an energy pistolier is the inability to get the necessary ammo anytime at all if you're not backed by a Player Faction... That's more of the reason why I've been going with SmallgunUnarmed builds mostly, they are the cheapest to maintain in the long run, esecially when you go PvE... So yeah, gotta get the backing of a faction for any sucess with this build...

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 23 queries.