"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:05:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Could someone help me with a good crafter build?  (Read 2309 times)

Could someone help me with a good crafter build?
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:03:22 am »

I would like to make a purely crafting character one that can craft anything and everything but i'm not sure on how to go about doing that sorry i'm kind of a noob I started this like a week ago, thanks to anyone that can help.
Re: Could someone help me with a good crafter build?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:10:02 am »

You can only have 4 profession levels in total
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Profession
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20:19 am »

oh yeah sorry um I want him to be SG craft oriented what should I tag and stuff to attain that?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:29:30 am »

2 options for S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
ST 4
PE 6
EN 6
CH 3
IN 10
AG 6
LK 6
This build requires 1 psycho and 1 nuka cola to get the 3rd profession.

ST 5
PE 6
EN 8
CH 3
IN 10
AG 8
LK 1
No drugs needed.

Both builds require the small frame trait.
Fast shot is nice with the 2nd build.
Good natured is normally a nice build, but it might just make the difference for the level you can get SG prof. 3 on.

Tagged skills: SG, science, repair

The 1st build allows you to get the 15% bonus in SG from the gunrunners.
If you get it, both builds can get the 3rd profession at level 7 and on top of that have science at 100 (requirement is 90) so you can make hq alloys.
After that it might be smart to get a few more levels to raise outdoorsman to at least 100.
You can also raise doctor and/or FA a bit, raise SG some more, repair so you have a repair guy, etc.
As for perks, that's up to you.
Play around a bit with the Character Planner and check the perks page on the wiki.

Keep in mind that getting SG3 at level 7 with no points in outdoors might be hard as hell as it requires the necessary traveling from NR to the Den to the raider's south base to where ever you have your caps to the raider's north base.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:05:58 pm by HertogJan »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:16:20 am »

actually, the second one can as well, but good natured is a must, the end result will be a +5% net gain in SG skill if you go for the gunrunners quest, unless they changed it from "50% Lv1 3Cha" requirements...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:16 pm »

actually, the second one can as well, but good natured is a must, the end result will be a +5% net gain in SG skill if you go for the gunrunners quest, unless they changed it from "50% Lv1 3Cha" requirements...

Could be, I was too lazy to check it.

I made a small adjustment in my previous post.
You don't need a buffout with the first build, but a psycho.
Psycho for the strength, nuka for the agility.
Buffout reduces agility with 1.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 04:40:40 pm »

Fast shot is nice with the 2nd build.

Not really anymore, since it doesn't work with burst.  Fast Shot is useless now.  4 or 5 unaimed shots vs. 1 or 2 crits to the eyes means you die first, in RT of course.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »

Not really anymore, since it doesn't work with burst.  Fast Shot is useless now.  4 or 5 unaimed shots vs. 1 or 2 crits to the eyes means you die first, in RT of course.

Fast shot with a 14mm pistol does some nice damage.
Most PK encounters I had so far simply mean you die because you're outnumbers at least 3 to 1.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:25:51 am »

ST 4
ST 5

Both builds require the small frame trait.
This is extreamly bad for crafter. Unless you have someone else who will be getting resources for you. Because you won't be able to carry anything.

I can recommed you my pre-wipe sg crafter
Good for PvE but not so good for PvP (because of 176 HP and not so great SG skill for aiming)
No drugs
ST 5
PE 7
EN 4
CH 3
IN 9
AG 8
LK 4 (don't take luck 1 you will be knocked down/out from every melee critter too much often)
Trait: Good natured (it's a must), Fast shot (don't take it now it's useless, instead of it take one hander if you plan to use P90, smg and not rifles)
Tag: Small guns, Repair, Outdoorsman

Perks: Awareness (extreamly important), Pack rat, Magnetic personality (only for slaver and merc leader, also good sharpshooter or dodger?, not sure actually), Lifegiver (2x), Bonus rate of fire, Action boy

Skills: Small guns 181%, First aid 95%, science 100%, Repair 161% (+you will need tools and super-tools), Outdoorsman 150%

Don't forget to take boneyard guard training before you put some points to small guns

You can take proffesions 3 lvl of gunsmith(SG) and 1 lvl of armorer
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:43:35 am »

This is extreamly bad for crafter. Unless you have someone else who will be getting resources for you. Because you won't be able to carry anything.

Combined with packrat perk it's okay.
If you have a faction supporting you, getting prof. level 3 is more important than character level 21.
Leveling to level 7 or 8 isn't that hard.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »

Fast shot works with weapons that have aimed shot options, so it will work with any smgs that have single shot mode.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 12:49:51 pm »

Combined with packrat perk it's okay.
If you have a faction supporting you, getting prof. level 3 is more important than character level 21.
Leveling to level 7 or 8 isn't that hard.
Maybe I misunderstood his intention. I though that he wanted to create crafter as his main character not just another alt worthless to play with.

And small frame is bad for crafter furthermore if you don't have a base and have to run to a city every time you want to make something.

Fast shot works with weapons that have aimed shot options, so it will work with any smgs that have single shot mode.
Yes, but it won't reduce AP cost of burst (not even smg burst) so it is useless. Why would anyone waste AP on non-aimed sinle shot when he can burst and from time to time make aimed shot with some sort of sniper gun.
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:39 pm »

Because if he is new he does not have a stock of a million bullets so that he can burst every time.

Like me for example... I make 100 bullets per gathering cooldown and then have 100 bullets to spend with my combat shotgun and 10mm SMG... if I burst every time I ran out of bullets!

Also bursting against creatures with less than 60hp (ie molerats which are a decent 120 XP) is really not worth the cost!
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:56 pm »

Also bursting against creatures with less than 60hp (ie molerats which are a decent 120 XP) is really not worth the cost!

Yes but that's why you use aimed shots.  Instakills.  Or at least some crits here and there.
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 10:52:46 pm »

Maybe I misunderstood his intention. I though that he wanted to create crafter as his main character not just another alt worthless to play with.

And small frame is bad for crafter furthermore if you don't have a base and have to run to a city every time you want to make something.
Yes, but it won't reduce AP cost of burst (not even smg burst) so it is useless. Why would anyone waste AP on non-aimed sinle shot when he can burst and from time to time make aimed shot with some sort of sniper gun.

He wasn't clear if it would be his main alt or not.
Small frame with 5 ST and pack rat gives you 67 carry weight.
It's enough.
You should easily be able to deal with the small frame penalty in carry weight till level 6.

Yes but that's why you use aimed shots.  Instakills.  Or at least some crits here and there.

If you can do regular crits, you hunt mutated molerats.

Still fast shot combined with bonus rate of fire and 14mm pistol is a nice combination if you have 8 or 10 AG.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.