"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 05:46:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Kind of disappointing (Shop shooting)  (Read 8751 times)

Re: Kind of disappointing (Shop shooting)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 11:03:35 am »

Keldorn

Wonder how many folks rage quit Fonline?

A lot. First rage quiters were players who were griefed by players who used multilogs and had enough spare alts and materials to grief. Then when developers finally banned all multiloged alts and stoped unfamous FOCD lots of cheaters rage quited. Now thats irony.

FOnline as it is, is game set for maximum griefing. I saw only 1 game that had more griefing - it was Killer Mud - you start in Tavern that is only safe zone in game and as soon as you leave Tavern you can be killed anywhere. And there was always 10 players waiting in Tavern to kill new players and about another 10 players walking outside near start zone to kill new players who somehow escaped alive from said Tavern.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 11:40:17 am »

LOL KILLER MUD? I've created that mud  ;D ;D

anyway, for me the constant stealing plague is causing rage quit!! FFS its worse than mosquitos!

avv

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 12:25:31 pm »

This is one of the oldest exploits in the game. It could be fixed by encouraging players to live longer. That way nobody would shoot someone in safe towns and then get shot by guards in return. Robbing is okay but a robbing method where another robber is always killed doesn't make any sense.

Robber1 "You get to be the dead guy this time"
Robber2 "Whee it's so much fun!"
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 01:04:31 pm »

yep, it's as retarded as this:

there should be some incentive for someone to stay alive, isn't that the point of the wasteland anyways?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 03:04:44 pm »

Well I really have no idea how to prevent this. Only renewing AI feature where city guards looted every corpse and shot every looter of body of non tagged victim.

Until that u just have to get used to fact that unguarded towns are as safe as guarded ones and watch your back everytime.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 11:18:05 pm »

if you have 100,000 to trade, try making it in 20 trips of 5,000 instead of 1 trip of 100,000.

this is simple. would you walk through a dangerous neighborhood holding a twenty, or holding a hundred. god... the griefing in this game isn't even bad. most of the time it is a dumb carebear who doesn't know how the game works, or didn't care to read the wiki, or thought it was like wow, and now he pays for his mistake in the form of death.

O NOES!!!

pking =/= griefing
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 09:07:42 am »

pking =/= griefing

No it,s not, but PKers = griefers

Or how else should one call it if 3 players in metal mk2 or tesla armor, well armed and with 3 mercs, shoot a low level blue suit?
As you were 1 of them, I'd like to know.

And another one which happened to me last night:
1 of my alts spawns in Malamute saloon in Redding as it has a room there.
The moment I walk out of malamute, or even in the saloon part of it, I get killed.
That happened a few times till Rusty helped me out and teleported me to another part of the map so I could leave town.

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 09:23:47 am »

No it,s not, but PKers = griefers

Or how else should one call it if 3 players in metal mk2 or tesla armor, well armed and with 3 mercs, shoot a low level blue suit?
As you were 1 of them, I'd like to know.

And another one which happened to me last night:
1 of my alts spawns in Malamute saloon in Redding as it has a room there.
The moment I walk out of malamute, or even in the saloon part of it, I get killed.
That happened a few times till Rusty helped me out and teleported me to another part of the map so I could leave town.

That's just the way it is... Every low lvl from time to time meets overwhelming forces.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 09:56:49 am »

That's just the way it is... Every low lvl from time to time meets overwhelming forces.
Or you can just hide in you tent or faction base :P
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:34 am »

Or you can just hide in you tent or faction base :P

If you can get there without getting spawncamped.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 10:56:00 am »

Usual day in a dog eating dog fo)
I gathered a big amount of stims and other staff and came to shop to buy myself equipment, as I understand Hub is a protected city and if someone will start to shoot at you he will be killed too. Apparently not. So here is the new way to rob someone. One is coming to you with smg and fires at you 2 loads of lead, kills you, taking you're stuff and putting it on the ground. The other one taking it and leaves without any consequence. Sure - the first one will be killed but what he losses? Nothing. There are several shops in game-world where no guards present. Like this on:
http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?img=12-034536L&rand=3632&t=jpg&m=09&y=2010&srv=img4
Give me your opinion, it is supposed to be like this?
Nicknames of those 2: loki and argon.
Beware!) Of course it is obvious that they could be a pair of NNN number mults.

my names Aryan, n0t 'arg0n' and im a theif what d0 y0u expect?
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 11:37:13 am »

The topic is not about gangs and level 15++ killing bluesuits...

its about an exploitable bug/ AI issue and if it can be fixed.

Or do you think that this is how the game should work?
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:36 am »

my names Aryan, n0t 'arg0n' and im a theif what d0 y0u expect?
=>
The topic is not about gangs and level 15++ killing bluesuits...

its about an exploitable bug/ AI issue and if it can be fixed.

Or do you think that this is how the game should work?

Use of Exploits is not thievery.

Anyway, everything were spoken correctly, shooting in protected town should be punished by the guards, no matter what.

to people who were referring to "harsh wasteland": you are the biggest naggers and hypocrites here. You want the "real wasteland" - create your own mod with blackjack and hookers where won't be any respawn, where your tents and bases would be attacked by overwhelming number of supermutants, raiders and other mobs. Then we will speak about harsh wasteland.
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 01:24:50 pm »

i dont think anyone is arguing that shop killing is a little dumb. but this has been going on since the days of ultima online -- theres REALLY no way to completely stop this, because introduction of clever mechanics opens up shops and merchants for further exploits.

i highly recommend to anyone complaining about such a feature to design a new feature that would eradicate this problem - i am sure if the developers couldve done something about it already, they would've.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 01:38:41 pm »

I say track down the exploiters and lobotomize them, only permanent solution to the problem...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.