"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:29:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unnecessary AI Behavior  (Read 1093 times)

Unnecessary AI Behavior
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:35:58 am »

If you kill NPC he'll follow you after death.
I killed Sha Enin, and after that he walked to me so noone could trade with him, I was just walking at bazaar like 30 minutes.
It means that behavior is useless mostly, and even making life for others worse, because Sha Enin couldn't trade because most of time he was in horizontal position, and when he gets up he again can't trade because all the time he walking on bazaar.
If it's supposed to be so, then why?
If not, then is it a bug?
Anyway this behavior is worse than if he'll do nothing after death, because you can lure trader in corner of map and kill him there and then escape as I did with dwarf-trader in Hub.
1) So I suggest to remove that strange behavior, because it's useless.
2) Give good shooting weapon to all traders and high weapon skill, so everytime they see thier killer they kill him, not stupidly wander on bazaar with speed of injured turtle.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Unnecessary AI Behavior
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:21 am »

Well... you're pretty much just making a suggestion to fix a bug. But okay, I agree, give him a high-tier weapon so that he might actually kill you before guards (I suggest plasma rifle) and that will hopefully end his hostility, even if only a temporary fix.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Re: Unnecessary AI Behavior
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:42:01 am »

Well... you're pretty much just making a suggestion to fix a bug. But okay, I agree, give him a high-tier weapon so that he might actually kill you before guards (I suggest plasma rifle) and that will hopefully end his hostility, even if only a temporary fix.

I doubt his model can hold that, learn him martial arts. Next time somoene tries to burst him he gets a 250 damage punch in his face.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.