"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:25:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Armor deterioration  (Read 1374 times)

Armor deterioration
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:58:08 am »

My suggestions
a) armors get deteriorated according to damage dealt.
b)repairing should be equivalent to guns
c)there should be a cost that should scale along with the armor

Although I dont have a particular formula to suggest I believe that armors should be shortlived (as they are in real life).

Perhaps a hitpoint system for the armor would be the most obvious one but adding up a secondary hitpoint system so armors get destroyed in certain parts of the body they cover would be nice too.

The hitpoints should be enough to sustain a combat or two that is equivalent to the armors quality.

Say for expample a leather jacket could handle around 100 hitpoints ( dozen of stabbing to conceptualize it)
But a combat armor would be able to handle more than 300 (A perfect burst from a minigun)

There should also be a repair cost in materials similar to the ones requiered to craft the armor.

Something along those lines could work and imho it would bring to the game some of its past glory of having a CA since now you have to have the resources to support such an item.

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Armor deterioration
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:43:49 am »

the only problem is that it is rare to see people using armour in general, I'd like something totally opposite so people outside of TC or PK-squads wear armour in general, just think about it, the last thing I'd want would be 95% of the non-PK playerbase using bluesuits as a general attire... Realism is not an option if it leads to conformity (Bluesuit or BA, or waste of cash...)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:08:20 am »

the only problem is that it is rare to see people using armour in general, I'd like something totally opposite so people outside of TC or PK-squads wear armour in general, just think about it, the last thing I'd want would be 95% of the non-PK playerbase using bluesuits as a general attire... Realism is not an option if it leads to conformity (Bluesuit or BA, or waste of cash...)

lower level 0 armors LJ, CLJ, LA, LAmk2 crafting requirements...
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 03:29:55 pm »

Gordulan I think you are  wrong here.

I m not in a serious gang or a PK squad but I can easily obtain a suit of CA.

Let me explain you:

A leather jacket needs just a a gecko pelt and 2 brahmis hides and some fibers, even the most unlucky person in the world can find all these in a matter of an hour or so and craft a basic armor.

Anything more requires a profession.

A profession requires 1500 caps for starters and the appropriate stats.

Then 3k for the 2nd tier and 4.5k for the 3rd.

A total of 9k which is something a single player can get in a matter of less than a weeks play and a group of 2 or 3 in no more than 2 dayz (say day has 2-3 hours of gaming).

Then you need to do some mining.

If there was a competition I believe that me and my 2 buddies could get our first CA in about 6-8 hours of gametime tops.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:35:13 pm »

I didn't mean that, but making the armour destroyable just like that *snaps his finger* is completely fucked up, I can get a CA in a matter of minutes, but I personally prefer the lower tier gear since I don't want to be a Senõr Commando in the wasteland, and I have no plans on making a repair alt, therefore, if you want all armour to break quicklike I'm against it, I mean sure, realism, but that's just going too far, nobody will ever wear any armour except for BA which will have most durability...

the current NPC system is fucked up since the golden geckos are overpowered compared to the value of the resources they drop, and besides, fuck that, do whatever you guys want with the game, I'm stuck at beating the brains outta silver geckos, and if I'm correct you can't get proper gear through PvE now, so I'll see how the system works and if I by any chance find it impossible to have a PvE upkeep for my improved sniper build I'll just drop over to TLA.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:41:29 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:28:35 pm »

the current NPC system is fucked up since the golden geckos are overpowered compared to the value of the resources they drop, and besides, fuck that, do whatever you guys want with the game, I'm stuck at beating the brains outta silver geckos, and if I'm correct you can't get proper gear through PvE now, so I'll see how the system works and if I by any chance find it impossible to have a PvE upkeep for my improved sniper build I'll just drop over to TLA.

I was suggesting this many times. Pre-wipe when LAmk2 was 2 gecko pelts it was pretty easy to do, and thats the thing, people were selling it and wearing a lot. In towns, in the wasteland, you just saw more armored potential opponents.

Now with the wipe I see that PvE can be less tedious but still is... 6 pelts for LAmk2 is just not worth it. I rather go to redding craft MA and its way better... so seriously some lvl 1 armors should be easier to obtain and maybe also equally faster to be destroyed. For me the current det of armor is enough
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

sander

• I can see ya reading my posts.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:24:04 pm »

Bad idea. You will ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE THING for casual players.
E.G. I don't appreciate/like/accept (i mean i hate :)) that armor is detoriorating too.
My English sux. I bet your Russian sux better.©
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.72 seconds with 21 queries.