"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Obtainable Medic outfit?  (Read 1140 times)

Obtainable Medic outfit?
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:30:12 pm »

I was thinking (again yes). Perhaps, for all those RP medics taking their job seriously, to make a quest that will allow you to obtain Doctor's outfit.

I was thinking bout this:

1. Quest obtainable from doc. Troy only if player character has doctor profession level 3, is a Vault City citizen, and has both FA and Doc skill at level 180.
2. Would be a chain quest - first part would be healing certain amount of HP or use FA and Doc on certain amount of Player Characters (like 10 F. Aided and 10 doced) in following cities: Hub, NCR and SF.
3. Second part - doc. Troy sends you to Doc "Adrew". If you have completed the train quest you will get quest to give medicaments to 4 NPC's in Boneyard and 4 NPC's in SF
if you haven't done the train quest yet, you will have to do it first. After completing you go to Doc  Adrew who will send you to Doc Troy for some reward (caps, stims, biogel, XP etc.).
4. Third part - doc. Troy asks you to get rid of raiders near San Francisco that are stealing the medicament shipments. You will need to kill some raiders and bring back the last shipment (not too heavy) to doc. Troy.

After that chain the doctor suit should be obtainable for like 300-400 caps. Perhaps make it a wearable item that changes you into a doctor (doctor skin cant wear armor, not sure bout the guns). Item would be easy to steal/obtain by non-doc players so perhaps finishing quest would open up dialogue that will change you into a doctor for caps and another dialogue if you want to "give away for now" the doctors outfit.

What do you think?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Obtainable Medic outfit?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:42:49 pm »

Or make it obtained when you buy profession.
Just high price :D
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:48:24 pm »

Doctor/healers aren't fighters, so the raider quest part could be way too hard.
Especially if you take medic related perks and not toughness and such.

If any change in the appearance of doctors is done, it should be permanent like the slaver tattoo.

On a side note, perhaps make doctor's bag deteriorating and only available for level 2 or 3 docs.
At the same time, give FA only characters access to a med kit (150% minimum skill required) which does a +20% skill increase on FA.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:25:18 pm by HertogJan »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »

I support this idea but why do you make 3 topics out of 1  :-\

Quest sounds good. Also one should "claim again" and "resign" from wearing this medic outfit because sometimes it may be inappropriate :p charge free of course
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:32:09 pm »

3 topics out of one - I get the ideas while playing :) standing in NCR healing people gives plenty of time to reflect on medic class.

Yes raiders would be hard for medic character. That's what friends are for. There is no real wasteland medic without friends that are willing to serve as "muscle" of your operations right? Wasteland is not Swiss clinic you know.

Besides (lol, hyping my own idea) i think the quest relates nicely to train quest where SF is tagged as possible pandemic zone. Like - ok we know that there is a problem in SF after the quest but then what? "Yeah it's pandemic area allright, here are your stimpacks now go, who cares it's miles away anyway (especially with new travel speed hehehe)"

Removable doctor outfit could be nice as medics sometimes are needed on hunting operations (not as much after TB nerf) but still, then it's good to wear armor. I think it makes sense (at least a bit).

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:55 pm »

Medic curing an epidemic in the wasteland? :D Sounds cool. I hope this class will be fixed someday. Theres no one really playing a doc except for crafting drugs. Doctor class sucks hard now. I hope it will be overhauled sometime.

Is the suggestion already on the player tracked suggestion list?
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 07:44:22 pm »

Well if you need FA i am standing almost 24/7 in NCR as "Medic" :) cheers. (I really take this job seriously)

Edit 2(02.08.2010)
Will this suggestion be taken into consideration?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:16:43 am by Whisky Bob »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.