"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 10:50:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Slow Map speed and Pathfinder  (Read 8956 times)

oldsly

• Погибаю, но не сдаюсь
Re: Slow Map speed and Pathfinder
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 11:51:38 am »

I like the reduced traveling speed, before wipe you traveled so fast that you didint have time to enjoy the beaty and harshness of the wasteland  ;)
now you and your fellow-travellers will become grey and decrepit while will pass all map:((
СЛОВО-ИСТИНЕ, ДУША-БОГУ, ДОЛГ-ОТЕЧЕСТВУ, СЕРДЦЕ-ЖЕНЩИНЕ, ЧЕСТЬ-НИКОМУ

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »

I like the reduced traveling speed, before wipe you traveled so fast that you didint have time to enjoy the beaty and harshness of the wasteland 

I would agree with you if there was more interesting random maps :) (with houses, farms, npc with dialogues, etc.)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:00 pm »

Sure yeah, beauty and harshness.  You still got hit with encounters.  It just didn't take you an HOUR to get from Vault City to NCR.  Also cars isn't a bad idea except the cheap one has no trunk, 1 person carry.  And I still haven't heard back from Devs on whether or not they can be stolen by some Lockpicker with a corn cob up his A!@#.  Also how long do they remain visible on the world map if left there [out of fuel, KILLED by the hundreds of INSANE encounters.] I don't know if the more expensive ones have trunks either.  Was never worth buying before, and barely creeping up the worth it scale atm.  The world map travel time is WAY more of a hindrance than it is a chance to "see" the world.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 12:43:11 pm »

Personally I'd like to see the 2 pathfinder perks together at least increase speed to pre-wipe speed without those perks.
The current speeds prevents a lot of people from traveling and they therefore stay in the same area.
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:48:00 pm »

would you rather go from San Fran to Los Angeles in 1 minute? I'm not saying we need 100% realism because we don't. But we need to stay as close to it as it's possible without taking the joy out of the game. what we need now is, as Pozzo said, more diverse encounters to make traveling more interesting. For me, these first few days after wipe are the best time because getting anywhere is dangerous, you shoot like a drunk 4 year old and you don't have a tent yet so you're risking everything you got. After you build a tent it doasnt feel the same anymore.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 12:52:41 pm »

Yeah say that after Tommy and his pal PK you twice taking everything you have.  I'm not saying let's make world map travel warp speed but SOMETHINGS gotta change.
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 01:10:39 pm »

I'm just curious what would someone say if he had to go to defend Modoc from TC while he was hunting near Glow ^^.
Nuka Cola - tasty and refreshing.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 01:25:28 pm »

Aint gonna happen betty, the system will "force" TC people to have 5 combat alts, fully equipped over every single TCable town, realism, yes, anti-alt, no fockin way matey... Hopefully the speed alterations will be scrapped or improved in a way that wil not hinder out ability to hunt and prevent us from travelling through high-risk areas, there really was no real reason to buff enemies & killing map movement without taking into the account lowbies and loners, technically it ought to be more available for that, unfortunately I'm considering moving to TLA temporarily while some issues like this get sorted out...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:32:34 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 01:31:50 pm »

Trokanis, maybe you should change hunting alone to traveling in a group. pm me if you need company it's much safer. I played 5 hours since wipe and I was dieing constantly until I joined a group and havent died since. now i have jacket, shotgun and 10mm pistol and just need 1 more hide for tent. This game doasnt get any better than this   :D

sorry for offtopic

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »

Also makes getting to location specific events an issue aswell when your all the way across the other side or don't have a car.
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 01:35:52 pm »

I would agree with you if there was more interesting random maps :) (with houses, farms, npc with dialogues, etc.)

Aye, that would actually be nice.

Map speed is fine.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:27 pm »

With no intent to belittle the effort it takes to program and plan things.  Map speed is sadly not ok.  Let alone fine.  At least with the combination of much higher lvl mobs in areas very close to towns, and encounters with other players increased by such a high amount.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 02:16:50 pm »

Encounters round guarded towns (except VC) should be as low as they can go. Ie 0 level difficulty.

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 02:30:32 pm »

Is San Fransisco considered guarded or not?  If not then I understand more of a reason why there are such higher end mobs there.  And just now 5 different encounters between NCR and it's Mine.  2 of which had PCs.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 02:57:42 pm »

Encounters round guarded towns (except VC and SF) should be as low as they can go. Ie 0 level difficulty.

Thats what I said, honest.

NCR, Junktown, Hub have easy encounters. VC is a little bit harder and SF is the other side of the "very" hard region ... itself being a hard region.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.