"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 12:56:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Slow Map speed and Pathfinder  (Read 7921 times)

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
Re: Slow Map speed and Pathfinder
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 02:59:57 pm »

about encounters -First, fix the encounters with invisible barriers
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »

Trokanis, maybe you should change hunting alone to traveling in a group. pm me if you need company it's much safer. I played 5 hours since wipe and I was dieing constantly until I joined a group and havent died since. now i have jacket, shotgun and 10mm pistol and just need 1 more hide for tent. This game doasnt get any better than this   :D

sorry for offtopic

Well! Finnaly! I see multiplayerism in that. If players start to form grops for PvE and exping this "screwing up the whole game" is best update done. I hope more people start behaving like Vindict.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 05:05:08 pm »

I like the slow map speed, but it does need to be countered with buying passage with caravans and an expanded train route. And more garages/rest stops to refuel your car - pay caps for a full tank rather than buying batteries.

My complaint is that right now quests require a fair bit of travelling; very few are self contained. Basic quests like the jerky deliveries are now pathetically underpaid in bothcaps/xp.
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 02:44:36 am »

I like the idea of team work.  Finding trustworthy people...  Some more comprehensive abilities to help us travel though, wouldn't hurt.  More train routes, verification on cars and how safe they truly are to own.  Bigger boost on Pathfinder?
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:19 am »

Aye, that would actually be nice.

Map speed is fine.

Come on, Solar. Moving at 2-3 pixels per second is insane. At first I thought it was a joke the devs played on us.

I cannot believe the tenacity that people who play at this speed have 0_0
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 05:29:53 am »

Cars help a lot, especially since they've been made much cheaper.

But I agree, the map speed is ridiculously slow. Half of my friends ragequitted the game because they got frustated with the movement speed, coupled with other issues (getting one-shotted by marauders near NCR, interrupted every 3 pixels by an encounter etcetc.)

If the devs want to keep this speed, at least decrease the encounter- rate.

A small speedboost would still be nice though... or a buff on the Pathfinder- perk.

E: What is the reasoning behind the movement- speed decrease anyway? Was it ever an issue in the first place?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:31:33 am by Inskipp »
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 05:35:15 am »

Cars help a lot, especially since they've been made much cheaper.

But I agree, the map speed is ridiculously slow. Half of my friends ragequitted the game because they got frustated with the movement speed, coupled with other issues (getting one-shotted by marauders near NCR, interrupted every 3 pixels by an encounter etcetc.)

If the devs want to keep this speed, at least decrease the encounter- rate.

A small speedboost would still be nice though... or a buff on the Pathfinder- perk.

E: What is the reasoning behind the movement- speed decrease anyway? Was it ever an issue in the first place?

I am on the verge myself. I was told by the encounter dev that being around guarded towns like NCR should be safe.  Well least I'm not the only one losing it all around guarded lawful towns.
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 05:43:11 am »

I am on the verge myself. I was told by the encounter dev that being around guarded towns like NCR should be safe.  Well least I'm not the only one losing it all around guarded lawful towns.
Eh, that dev shoud re-check his statement. NCR is surrounded by marauder- encounters, and with the recent SMG buff, marauders can pretty much just instakill you from a fair distance (12-14 hexes or so) on early levels. (I have no idea if this is intended)

This probly wont be an issue for an end-game character, but early on (where it matters the most imo) it can be quite a joykill.

The Hub and junktown are safe tho. Nothing worse than raiders there for beginners, only real threat are other players (which is just part of the game)

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 06:28:38 am »

Encounters will soon get reworked.
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 06:41:57 am »

The encounters near hub and junktown with players may be part of the game, but are currently so frequent that you might as well be going up against ticked off Hubologists on pre-wipe jet.
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 07:26:13 am »

the map speed travel needs ot be at least what it was pre wipe.  with the new changes to cars however they can still be a viable means of transportation now - before there was such a rick of losing it to a lockpicker its much better now that they can be parked in the waste
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:41 am »

If parked in the waste they can be encountered by a Wastelander, and because of the current non-car travel speed the chances of this happening are increased by a large amount.  I spent 2 days getting that verified and Surf Solar finally did in another thread.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=8656.15;topicseen
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:33:39 am by Trokanis »
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 09:14:18 am »

I like the slow map speed, but it does need to be countered with buying passage with caravans ...

That makes sense.
Speed should be faster than walking alone, but slower than cars.
Perhaps there should be some requirements like a minimum level (3-5) or 3 CH to talk to the caravan leader.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 09:48:14 am »

Marauders were a little hard. I've decreased the chance of the SMGs showing up.

As for speed, at 20% outdoors I was moving 1 square per 25 seconds. Outdoors at 50% its about 12 seconds. This would correspond to 1 encounter per square or 2 squares. Obviously this will increase as the skill goes higher.

It is no bad thing to require a) decent outdoors b) a decent outdoors on your group leader c) a car and (if I ever remember to get this done) d) increasing dog's outdoors so buying a dog merc gives you the ability to move round. Even a boost for outdoors given by the motion sensor is an option.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 09:59:33 am »

bought buggy, life is great  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 15 queries.