"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:14:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Water chips  (Read 3447 times)

Water chips
« on: August 22, 2010, 12:48:44 am »

What would be the use of them?
FOnline id: xPoncex
GT:xPoncex

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Water chips
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 12:53:57 am »

Have water in vault.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 12:56:44 am »

Har har har

Im talking about in FOnline, they just useless items basically?

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:21:09 am »

go to v13 open the vault and give it to vault Overseer ;] in FOnline of coz

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:50:41 am »

they could add a random trigger that makes most cities waterchips in game break once a month. Creating a universal event to scramble to find a waterchip for that city before we all lose rep points for not helping...  ???

maybe even make it a required item to buy a gang base? we have working generators... maybe they should require a water chip?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 02:09:45 am »

You can make your own vodka manufacture and spread your company all over wasteland!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 02:14:26 am »

I saw you at the event with the Power Armor, you picked it up from my dead body :/

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 06:37:12 am »

Be nice if we could actually put the odd, and hopefully rare item like this to use in future versions.  Vault Base? Want water for your moo-cows?  Install water-chip!

Random idea is random, but the concept behind it might be interesting to pursue...
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 07:11:42 am »

Everybody needs water!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:37:03 am »

I thought about making a clever pun like "Water chips taste deliciously like water" but then I realized there is no such thing as a clever pun.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:40:45 am »

How about items such as the water chips, you know important items in Fallout 1&2 can be used at ceratin locations for a an immediate boost of xp?

Like you can go Necropolis and put the water chip into a machine for an xp boost of say 500xp?
The Geck you would go to VC use it for like 2000xp

Idk but really but it would be cool seeing items like this being used in FOnline and i could see a market in collecting and selling these items.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 10:29:56 am »

You always forget, that FO:2238 is clan-based mod, mostly about PvP. There is almost no nothing about roleplaying and using non-combat items. And 60-80% of player aproximately (idk exact percentage) are playing their own game by staying in safe cities. bases and tents.
So, what I want to say, is that you most probaly never gain what you want.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 01:10:31 pm »

As the some sayings go, Graf... and sadly I must reign in my language, but-

... You contributed nothing to a neat little idea that has cropped up randomly except to troll it.  Now go back to your cave, rock, or rolls of unmentionables that you craft beneath.

-Using them for random XP, maybe, though I don't think that would be very useful. 
1: The items would hopefully be fairly rare, similar to this FCC in stranded junk cars on encounter maps.  Thus XP is not necessarily the goal of except the exotic use the item has. 
2: The rare item would have to have incredibly high XP in order for it to be rewarding as a rare item to locate.  Which we don't need.  There are a number of ways to raise your XP through the few quests, killing NPCs, and crafting as it is.  There Are rewards beyond taking grind-time off the counter.

The problem I remembered though is about there being... non-dynamic maps, so you can't use item Water Chip to get working whatever in Vault Base, as example.  Then maybe you could use them in order to acquire things, perhaps a unique vehicle (a trade, water chip given for his rustbucket vehicle), which might itself be used for a few things, such as being made into a particular vehicle, or cannibalized for its special parts. 

And perhaps, if this thread grows, I shall have to move it to Suggestions appropriately.  Depends on Proper Responses and feedback, I suppose, aside from nay-sayers who shall remained named.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 01:11:23 pm »

If water will be more important, then your water supplies in bases shoul dependant on water chips.. and there could be repetable water chip quest

avv

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 01:20:24 pm »

-Using them for random XP, maybe, though I don't think that would be very useful.

Xp is pointless in end game, unless it receives some purpose eventually.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.