fallout 2
- 17 (56.7%)
fallout 3
- 3 (10%)
tactics
- 1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: fallout 1 ,2 or 3 which is your favourite  (Read 7158 times)

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
Re: fallout 1 ,2 or 3 which is your favourite
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 02:54:22 pm »

I don't want to reopen the "Fallout 1 vs Fallout 2 debate", but....

Yeah, Fallout 2 brought a lot of illogical and "quirky" things, but they were widely compensated by all the freedom and possibilities (choices, quests,...) in game. And they weren't that bad after all, in my opinion.

And what do you think about killap's Restoration Project, Lexx ?
Don't you think it fix some of those issues and bring some interesting content ?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:09:27 pm by Heckler Spray »
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Saumax

• The one who challenges the sun
    • NRA Forum
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07:04 pm »

Lexx got point ;D
Mr. T używa kastetów ponieważ siła uderzenia przeciwnika gołą pięścią jest zbyt duża.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 05:20:09 pm »

Fallout 1's story was more intelligent and thoughtful, but the standard of dialogue (besides the superb talking heads) was poor. However, the world was infinitely more cohesive and things like gear progression and pacing a lot more balanced. I had so much fun just living in The Hub and doing caravan runs for the Far Go Traders and Crimson Caravans.

A lot of things were out of whack in F2, but the standard of actual writing was much higher. But that doesn't change the fact that the only towns I want to spend time in are Modoc, Klamath and the Den.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 05:27:06 pm »

Fallout 2, because I played it first, because it was funny (it had Harold!), had lots of freedom and I got into it more than Fallout 1 (also less bugs and you could play after the game ended (and wipe out the cities 8) ) with no patch).
You never played Fallout 1?
1 got harold too.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 05:44:15 pm »

Once I wrote a bit about both F-games on polish board, let me translate it here:

F1 rox, ownz, rulz and whatever:
- Join! Die! Join! Die! and you can "join" if you like
- logical and coherent world, humanoids, animals, buildings etc.
- risk of being dehydrated, radiated, torn apart by deathclaw, slain by mutant's patrol and so on - this world won't let forget that player is a little dust, not two-legged tank
- 12. gauge "not for children under 3 years", unique .223 Pistol, ONLY two PA's, bottle caps, unique Tesla Armor
- darkness, fear, darkness - like in post-apo polish novel "Cassandra's Head", anytime somewhere an evil can rise and blow up whole world again
- only a few stupid ideas, and mostly because lack of time, not brain
- "my first time" was with F1
- no fancy-shmancy birdies and kiddies, no faggot Wild Wild West music
- "no water, no Vault", please hurry

F2 sux ass, because:
- rush is necessary only while catching fleas, not making large RPG
- "jokes" are "funny"
- few talking heads, but tons of useless "itanz"
- you can buy in a STORE items like PA, gauss guns, bozar (WTF is this anyway? sniper-big-gun-rifle-machine-gun?)
- storyline thin like Tesco's cashier salary
- whole bunch of teenage mastrubators worked on this part, some places, items or characters are looking like wet-dream-come-true
- New Reno ("OMG, drugz'n'whorez town!")
- money instead of caps (who releases them anyway?)
- pop-culture references gentle and smooth as Hammas warrior pissing on the Wailing Wall
- no dangers like radiaton or strong, challenging enemies, Frank Horrigan is a dumb pussy, especially with these turrets around
- "dying brahmins, sick children ...", yeah yeah, whatever granny, now get lost and let me go rape and pillage, I will find GECK somewhere, maybe
- "Village is good place, Enclave is bad place. Please, go and destroy bad place." sounds like "Americans for Americans"
- linearity (!!!) of main story, like in single player Quake - eliminate all hostile creatures, go back to base. You cannot choose anything here.

I didn't play F3.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 06:25:21 pm »

- Join! Die! Join! Die! and you can "join" if you like
Yes, but unfortunately you'll see main menu screen after, not run around in super mutie skin shooting humans with laser rifle or minigun.

F2 sux ass, because:
- rush is necessary only while catching fleas, not making large RPG
- "jokes" are "funny"
- few talking heads, but tons of useless "itanz"
- you can buy in a STORE items like PA, gauss guns, bozar (WTF is this anyway? sniper-big-gun-rifle-machine-gun?)
- storyline thin like Tesco's cashier salary
- whole bunch of teenage mastrubators worked on this part, some places, items or characters are looking like wet-dream-come-true
- New Reno ("OMG, drugz'n'whorez town!")
- money instead of caps (who releases them anyway?)
- pop-culture references gentle and smooth as Hammas warrior pissing on the Wailing Wall
- no dangers like radiaton or strong, challenging enemies, Frank Horrigan is a dumb pussy, especially with these turrets around
- "dying brahmins, sick children ...", yeah yeah, whatever granny, now get lost and let me go rape and pillage, I will find GECK somewhere, maybe
- "Village is good place, Enclave is bad place. Please, go and destroy bad place." sounds like "Americans for Americans"
- linearity (!!!) of main story, like in single player Quake - eliminate all hostile creatures, go back to base. You cannot choose anything here.
Fallout 2 has better humour, only because I didn't saw much at all at F1.

It doesn't matter what you can buy, anyway you'll use only 1 gun, when I played F1, I found alien blaster, 1 shot 1 kill whole game, only killing master I used plasma rifle, because I needed more than 10 range to be able hit'n'step on one hex behind wall so he can't shoot me, and gatling for spawning mutants, because they ran in point blank. In Fallout 2 it's bozar for BG, gauss rifle for SG, YK[whatever] Pulse Rifle/Plasma Rifle for EW or how it called, armor means nothing, because whole game in Turn Based and it means you won't get hit, I was walking in jacket, because I didn't like other armors look like. So, items in Fallout means almost nothing anyway. In F1 you'll always have caps to spend on (library with infinite books but with high price), while in Fallout 2 stash coins whole game, but everything, except for gauss rifle you'll get not in shops, so what for do you need coins there, I don't know.

New Reno is the only normal town at F2, except for Den.

There're no challenging enemies at F1 or F2, if you're not wearing (A)PA or panties (or whatever) and allowing them to shoot at your in the end of turn. In most cases, because I had minimal EN and wear jacket whole game almost everyone could kill me in one turn, but they simply hadn't chance to shoot at me, because it's TB, so there will be no challenge in both series of Fallout.

The same in F1, Vault don't have water, find chip, bye.
Muties are angry, vault in danger, kill muties, thx, bye.
I glad that you kill overseer in the end, I wanted to do that myself, but he is damned invulnerable like GM. ^_^

Both Fallout about to kill, refardless if it's Fallout or Fallout 2.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 07:00:14 pm »

Both Fallout about to kill, refardless if it's Fallout or Fallout 2.

You can play both games without attacking a single creature.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 08:45:22 pm »

You can play both games without attacking a single creature.
Do you really think someone enjoyed playing Fallout by only clicking on dialogue options running around in bluesuit with 10 CH and tagged speech? I think there're better games than Fallout, as quests, where you need only click on different options.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:03 pm »

Do you really think someone enjoyed playing Fallout by only clicking on dialogue options running around in bluesuit with 10 CH and tagged speech? I think there're better games than Fallout, as quests, where you need only click on different options.
Point n click adventar gamez yayzzz!!!
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:26 pm »

then try arcanum too, it's badass beyond words

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 09:07:49 pm »

then try arcanum too, it's badass beyond words
Arcanum... playable only in real time mod without using magic and guns, because it's imba. Also it's not interesting to kill everything on sight with a dagger in TB only because you have 50 APs and backstab skill on max.
Arcanum more looks like not serious fan-made game, because there totally no balance and adequate game play, but still this is cool game because of atmoshpere and if you simply don't use overpowered features and turn based combat. Btw this is offtop.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 09:28:41 am »

Fallout 1. It was balanced, the world was believable. It was dark, gritty, without stupid Fallout 2 humour. The graphics were better (what the fuck did they thought making those ugly critters in FO2?). It was much more believable. It wasn't too long (FO2 is way too long). It displayed the best view of a postapocalyptical world in a game so far for me.

Fallout 2 had it's moments (the earlier towns, Klamath, Modoc, Den were good) but the rest... ugh.

Let's not even talk about "Fallout" 3, it is no Fallout, it shouldn't even be allowed to talk about that piece of shit.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:28 am »

Let's not even talk about "Fallout" 3, it is no Fallout, it shouldn't even be allowed to talk about that piece of shit.

can't agree with you on that, I mean, it was a bit over the top with the cultural references, and bethsoft utterly failed with their quality control leaving the game filled to the brim with bugs*

and was far too easy, and the plot was beyond simplistic, but it was a fallout nontheless, despite its many shortcomings* it was in a wasteland, although it felt as though the world suffered from nuclear winter and dislocated FEV*...

*Refer to picture

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 09:45:13 am »

I am not even talking about the games mechanics (no words needed there). I am talking about the general artistic view of the game (check: it's nothing fallouty) the music (check: not fallouty) the general atmosphere/the world itself (check: not fallouty/totally overdone) the people "living" in this world (not even believable), the story mimikry ("hey, let's rip some ideas from previous Fallout games apart, let's mix them together and make them teh awzum") the "humor" and so on, and so on...  ::)

I mean, it's not even that hard to see that "Fallout" 3 has nothing to do with the true Fallout Titles.
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 04:01:55 am »

well fallout 3 did suck to every fallout 1 and 2 fan out there, but apparently the guys that made fallout 1-2 really liked fallout 3.... you guys all read http://www.nma-fallout.com atleast once a week right?

I will have to give bethesda credit for atleast making a fun sandbox fallout post apocalyptic game... once modded and turned into a FPS with rpg elements to it then its alright...

I think by the end of the year this post will be called "fallout 1,2, or NV which is your favourite" after New Vegas comes out made by the original fallout crew... should be pretty good but EXPECT FALLOUT 3 with a few tweaks and better dialogue.

Oh btw, my fav is fallout 2 - fallout 1 is a much darker story and experience but once you've played it every possible way since 1997 its just a big ol never ending story in your head. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:03:43 am by corosive »
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.