"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:30:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Future of Stealing  (Read 14294 times)

Nyan

• Teehee.
Re: Future of Stealing
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:06 pm »

O freakin' K! Time for some golden ideas.

Remove the skill cooldown. Create personal cooldowns based on players PE. When caught, victims cooldown is triggered so that she/he is totally aware of the fact that there is a thief scum somewhere around and is watching his back carefully. When any thief tries to steal from a person with this thing ON she/he automatically says something like 'Keep your sexy underage pretty female hands off my precious items you thief scum person Nyan!' and the skill is canceled, also... - That's the first part. It will hopefully protect people from being spammed with steal attempts and hopefully thieves will try to steal just few items in order not to get caught. There will be no need to run all the time while being in a city. The cooldown might be something like PE minutes.

... also if there is a guard within 15 hexes he reacts and starts walking forward the thief. There will be no shooting for anyone. If the guard catches the thief, all of her/his items are taken OR she/he must pay XXX and then goes to jail for few hours. This is a second idea. I guess that people in command of guarded towns are civilized enough to deal with thievery in a non violent way. Thieves can also escape after the guards try to catch them but then they must wait jailtime/4 amount of time or the guards will still be on them. Second idea. Comment them separately.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 05:55:36 pm »

how come noone comments those marvelous ideas D:

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 02:41:44 am »

guards should kill thiefs when they get caught period other than that i think its good
Aku Soku Zan

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 03:17:14 am »

killing is ghey, we need more roleplaying and less slaughter period

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 03:24:47 am »

I agree, I think we should be able to tie thieves up when they are unconscious, and then hang them on the gallows.

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:21 am »

Yeah, public executions of thieves would be nice.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 03:44:10 am »

ur right... watching ur char in prison for a period of time/and relogin to another char is much more manly
Aku Soku Zan

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 03:53:26 am »

Implying gay people cannot be manly. Killing and then fast respawn doesn't teach anyone anything. Jail does. You guys would just blow everything up, my fallout wasn't about blowing everything up.
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 04:20:02 am »

Implying gay people cannot be manly. Killing and then fast respawn doesn't teach anyone anything. Jail does. You guys would just blow everything up, my fallout wasn't about blowing everything up.

It's almost like I'm on 4chan.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 04:36:38 am »

It's almost like you made a post that has a meaning. Eighteen others are probably the same.

Now seriously, I demand a developer to answer me this question, why there is still a steal animation? You guys don't know how to disable it or just think that it is cool?
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 04:48:04 am »

It's almost like you made a post that has a meaning. Eighteen others are probably the same.

Now seriously, I demand a developer to answer me this question, why there is still a steal animation? You guys don't know how to disable it or just think that it is cool?

Maybe because they want to have the animation still? Everyone hates thieves...nobody wants them,we all hate them,and we have no mercy for them when we kill them for stealing our shit.
Steal,in my opinion,is an annoying skill.I hate it when everytime I'm trying to sell shit,I have a bluesuit following me till I start trading with a merchant.I have enough sense to go to the Hub and avoid the cluster of thieves in NCR,but they are everywhere no matter where you go.Nerf steal to hell for all I care.
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 08:07:29 am »

why there is still a steal animation?
Oh cool, so any bluesuit don't even need to use repair/science skill to troll someone with items? Just stand at the back? It'll only make paranoiac from everyone who came to NCR and has anything at inventory (except for activated dynamite). Also if there will be no animation it means you can use steal over and over, I mean even if there's a cooldown you'll simply follow that person everytime without delay always will be near him and he don't know you're stealing or not.
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:35 am »

Disabling animation is a good idea. But players should also have possibility to defend from thieves like tagging them. So if you will know that someone is a thief you can protect yourself. This is how steals should work imo. If his steal attempt was succesfull then player shouldnt noticed it.

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:40 am »

I think that npcs should have recharging money in there inventory what cant be killed and looted and that gives exp so there is a less reason to wait around ncr
Brad Smalls is back

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 12:40:59 pm »

@rejfyl
read my idea from the bottom of the page

@brad smalls
been there done that, it ended in exploting back then. Also I as a thief never steal for money. I do it because a) it's the most interesting thing this game provides b) I love when people like Pluto rage, makes me moist

@everyone else
deal with it kids
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.