"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 04:29:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Suggestions. [Tracking]  (Read 1414 times)

Suggestions. [Tracking]
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:53:27 pm »

I have 2 suggestions.

1.  Offer some form of minor reward for people who donate.  For example: Someone donates 25 dollars they get a pack for one character containing a book with some XP.  Nothing extreme, perhaps 1,000 xp.  Another option is some Caps, or a perhaps a Starter gear pack for higher donations. The pack might contain a 10mm pistol, some ammo, a few stims and a Combat Leather Jacket.  Another option is some form of temporary immunity to player attacks in the wasteland, This would be both ways so you can't go on a killing spree, but also you can survive without some group of noobish pkr's dropping in on you and blowing you away just cause you're there.  I'm sure people may have other suggestions for rewards.  But nothing too big.  Even if you donate 200 dollars you don't get a Hardened Power Armor.  (Also I didn't see a way to change it, so perhaps a donate link that goes to a page with English on it.)

2.  Do NOT implement in ANY WAY, the Tracking perk.  It's bad enough in the game to do ANYTHING alone or in a small group, let alone if you give the uber hard cores a way to find your tent and base.  They could spend hours eating up your Mercs when you might be offline and then guess what all your hard work *poof* And your reward for all the playing you did?  A swift kick in the ..*spleen* I mean we're not even really safe in the so called "Guarded" towns.  You think if someone has a chance to find you anywhere in the game you'll ever get to do anything?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:22:56 am by Wipe »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:11:01 pm »

1. I think someone already said long time ago that donators don't get anything special bonuses/items.

2. I'm not sure about this one, but have this game got that "Tracking" stuff?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:18:53 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That retarded suggestion about rewarding donators has been suggested atleast 3 times before, not including NMA forum and always declined. And i wonder why? I guess you wont understand it anyway...
I give a fuck.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 02:13:30 am »

Well I apologize for not finding all the sites where it might have been posted.  As far as flaming the suggestion, I believe it was a valid point.  Many games grant rewards to those who assist the game.  Having such a thing in place is a way to inspire help and interest in the development of the game itself.

And no the Tracking ability has not been brought into the game yet but there has been posts, and talk about it's possible introduction.  I think that it would bring the game so far down on the miserable scale as to make it unplayable.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:16:15 am by Trokanis »
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 12:10:55 pm »

Well I apologize for not finding all the sites where it might have been posted.  As far as flaming the suggestion, I believe it was a valid point.  Many games grant rewards to those who assist the game.  Having such a thing in place is a way to inspire help and interest in the development of the game itself.

And no the Tracking ability has not been brought into the game yet but there has been posts, and talk about it's possible introduction.  I think that it would bring the game so far down on the miserable scale as to make it unplayable.

People should donate because they like the game and appreciate the effort devs and others put into it.
It's donating for a game, not buying from a shop, so a reward is not in place.
At most, give people a star behind their forum name.

I agree on the tracking.
It's a very very bad idea.
It will lead to leader builds with mercs, friends or slaves raiding bases and tents over and over again which in turn will result in people leaving the game.

avv

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:21:32 pm »

Tracking could be okay if it wasn't directly skill% vs skill% related but had more to do with player's personal awerness and paranoia. So that if you felt like being followed, you could set an ambush for the one or just hide and lose him. So far there aren't good settings for that.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

John Hancock

• Yippie Ki Yay!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 07:32:46 pm »

The Fallout franchise is currently the intellectual property of Bethesda Softworks/ZeniMax Media and/or Interplay (Interplay is developing an "official" World of Warcraft-ized Fallout Online). Granting rewards for donations will be seen (and rightly so) as using that intellectual property to make a profit, which would be a Bad Thing™.

Also, your flowery speech about "inspiring help" and "interest" is crap. I've played games with donation rewards before, and in that sort of environment people donate primarily to get the rewards.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 02:29:49 am »

Good Call Avv.  And I do understand about the intellectual property now thanks.  I had forgot about that aspect.  And it makes sense.  

As far as Tracking as long as it has the ability for someone to find your tent and your base it will forever be ready to add a black spot to a game that already floats in the gray.

As far as an idea being crap.  Every bad idea has a chance of being a gateway to a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:39:54 am by Trokanis »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: Suggestions. [Tracking]
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 10:05:35 am »

"i gave you 100 dollarz, gimme foking PA now!!111" ?

Jesus Christ man, you can't be serious.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 10:12:03 am »

I doubt tracking would work like that, i'm pretty sure only a single person could follow (track) you and enter your basebut will lose the location if he dies there, so yes if he manages to run out you better prepare for trouble. I also doubt you will be able to track people to tents. 
In other words, if you have some base defence, or no base at all you should be fine.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 02:51:18 pm »

I doubt tracking would work like that, i'm pretty sure only a single person could follow (track) you and enter your basebut will lose the location if he dies there, so yes if he manages to run out you better prepare for trouble. I also doubt you will be able to track people to tents. 
In other words, if you have some base defence, or no base at all you should be fine.

If you're brought to an unguarded base and are not in the terminal as friend, member or invitee, you can't see the base once you leave the map.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »

1. Too much off-topic here.
2. Tracking isn't implemented, devs didn't say it would be implemented anytime soon.
3. There's nothing to discuss, sending a PM to devs would have worked, too.
4.  It's like the 1000th time I see ths 1st point about donators.

Closed !
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.