"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:35:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Player-driven caravans !  (Read 11338 times)

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
Re: Player-driven caravans !
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 12:14:55 am »

I got two. The first one works with bombs. The other one, I participated in it in person in late August 2009 : 40 players were guarding SAD, around the entrance grid (CA, Rocket Launcher, all that stuff). We were approximately the same number. As I remember, 15 entered the main entrance, and got shot. The rest spawned using a car, in SAD's parking. At the other map's edge. And we won. So there's always a way ;p

There is no strategy at Sierra which could beat numbers... And Im sure that you will agree when you will read with understanding (there is little clue for you though;))...

For the Base to Base thing :
It's already possible without taking risks. My suggestion would add an optional feature that would put risk into that operation.

From my FOV that would only bring huge benefits with almost no risk... So I really dont see any sense in this (:
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 09:23:47 am »

Well, I guess I'll have to discuss of this with open people.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:38 am »

I think it's a good, well described idea, but item multiplying will be indeed heavily abused.

How about other benefits, like activating experience points for both participants of player encounters?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 11:43:26 am »

I don't know if experience points would be really relevant.
I was discussing with Mr Perriack yesterday and I told him that if multiplicating was abused, it has to be balanced, so maybe x1.1 would be better =p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 12:24:22 pm »

Well, items don't just pop out of cruising and shooting around, but travelling and combat experience does, IMHO.

But you could get a better chance of stumbling on better loot of travellers killed in random encounters. That would be more realistic than mysteriosly appearing items.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 11:59:52 pm »

I, for one, would gladly welcome this new caravan system. Nevertheless, the profit should be determined by distance covered. I mean you shouldn't get 2x more stuff for transporting goods from Rot Gut Base (1 square West of Redding) to Rat God Base (1 square East of Redding). But then again, if those Rat Gods were seated around boneyard, 2.5x more stuff doesn't sound that bad. Oh, and making "caravan hours" would be necessary too - I mean, I could sacrifice 4 hours of sleep to transport 3000 .223 and 5000 5mm across the known world at 4AM to get a 150% profit. I hope you get my drift ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:02:45 am by Nice_Boat »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 06:18:36 pm »

Bringing up the oldies back... Its really interesting, but Id modify the idea:

1) specified routes (not free-based ones, somewhere near Glow, where nobody cares) simply from Town to Town or Town - smaller location

2) caravans would be available during peak time

3) caravans would be available for max 5 people per cart. max 2 carts so that 1 party could stand a chance to win

4) cart has definite space (not to abuse the system)

5) available caravan info would be displayed similarly like the TC with some countdown (with info about the cart no. 1 or 2)

6) countdowns should be longer 15mins for 30% 25mins for 50% something like that OR what would be even better - caravan would get reward appropriate to the caravan trunk (based on caps value (some formula needed) would provide different rewards)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »

i love idea :) would like to see that included in game... but ammo... if theres 3000 of cheap .45 caliber, and everytime you do a trip, it gets more, later you can just go and sell it all.
maybe put a cooldown for caravans?

3000 4.5 Cal x 1.5 = 4500 x 1.5 = 6750 x 1.5 = 10125, etc etc etc, it always get doubled a bit. i guess there should be special change for ammo, so it have much much smaller doubling procent.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:47:27 pm by Haterade »

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 07:07:22 pm »

Do you really believe, that someone will be dumb enough to set caravans to trade? :D It makes no sense... why would you wait with your valuable stuff for tons of PKs?  ;D
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 07:26:57 pm »

Do you really believe, that someone will be dumb enough to set caravans to trade? :D It makes no sense... why would you wait with your valuable stuff for tons of PKs?  ;D

RP? PvP? Oh wait, having many items is much better than having fun, I forgot.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 07:38:25 pm »

RP? PvP? Oh wait, having many items is much better than having fun, I forgot.

surely it is good feature for PvP, as there will be more instances than just TC... but PvP and trading and RolePlaying are different things... I am a trader in-game, and I would love to be able to trade to players while traveling with caravans, but we both know it is just a dream, it is impossible because of PKs, suicide bombers, and so on... I love role-playing, but I dont like playing a dead corpse...
Enzo Wolf

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 07:42:14 pm »

surely it is good feature for PvP, as there will be more instances than just TC... but PvP and trading and RolePlaying are different things... I am a trader in-game, and I would love to be able to trade to players while traveling with caravans, but we both know it is just a dream, it is impossible because of PKs, suicide bombers, and so on... I love role-playing, but I dont like playing a dead corpse...

That happens if you go alone with your level 3 char. Take a few high level guards with you (a caran should have those) and defend your stuff.  

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 07:48:35 pm »

well thats the problem I see in this suggestion... the whole caravan feature will be usable only for players who are doing PvP and have powerbuilds dedicated to this cause... its nothing what could help crafters and traders... the only people who will profit from this are alters... they will craft equipment with crafting alts and then transport it with PvP builded chars...
Enzo Wolf

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 07:52:14 pm »

That happens if you go alone with your level 3 char. Take a few high level guards with you (a caran should have those) and defend your stuff.  
Funny thing... What if the gaurds betrayed you?   :-X

Anyways I love the idea, but its true that the trading part... would be kind of impossible.  Pkers will raid these caravans with 20 fold powerbuilds and 5-10 powerbuild gaurds wouldn't stand a chance obviously, dur de durp.

What about outdoorsman alts?  300% outdoor leading caravan across map in 1 minute instead of 40  :o.

You forgot motorized cars man awww...

Needs some reworking but I see SOME potential.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 08:02:38 pm »

There should be a speed limit of course because you have all the carts to carry. Besides it would be great if caravans could be only seen by people who are nearby.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.