"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:39:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Player-driven caravans !  (Read 11340 times)

AgentKotleta

• Let's make a little BoogieWoogie
Re: Player-driven caravans !
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 10:31:33 pm »

well generally it's a good idea, but should be developed some more.

but in fact, item multiplication is a bad idea, cos it'll affect world's economics too much making items like minigun n battle armor absolutely on everyone.

but multiplying some limited amount of caps would sound better immo.

for example there can be three types of caravan :

small one witch cost 5000caps and some waterbags. It's unnoticable on wordmap, but can be detected by anyone with 220+ outdoorsman, has short route (for example from NR to BH or from SF to NR).
medium one costs 20000caps n many waterbags. can be detected by anyone with 160+ outdorsman n have medium routes (from gecko to ncr or something)
big one cost 50k n loots of waterbags, can be detected by 100+ outdorsman chars n have long range routes (sf to vc or gecko)
after moving caravan to destination point your caps get multiplied depending on ur barter skill. for more roleplaying purposes caps in chart can be converted into some sort of goods, depending on the city u start caravan from, wich some sort of npcs can turn back into caps after u get to the destination point.
Or even deeper, each town get some goods, n trade between other towns n players are involved in these process. If u bring the needed goods from needed city u'll get more reward.

n ofcourse such trips should have kinda big cooldown, n requirements.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:35:46 pm by AgentKotleta »

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 05:59:08 am »

I'm not sure how to tell you this.

+1
Didn't, got killed.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2010, 12:02:42 pm »

but in fact, item multiplication is a bad idea, cos it'll affect world's economics too much making items like minigun n battle armor absolutely on everyone.

It needs to be balanced. I think the max should be +25% or 50%

but multiplying some limited amount of caps would sound better immo.

Not really. Spawning only caps would increase inflation. Big factions would have even more money. And what would you need a cow for if caps weight 0?

for example there can be three types of caravan :

small one witch cost 5000caps and some waterbags. It's unnoticable on wordmap, but can be detected by anyone with 220+ outdoorsman, has short route (for example from NR to BH or from SF to NR).
medium one costs 20000caps n many waterbags. can be detected by anyone with 160+ outdorsman n have medium routes (from gecko to ncr or something)
big one cost 50k n loots of waterbags, can be detected by 100+ outdorsman chars n have long range routes (sf to vc or gecko)
after moving caravan to destination point your caps get multiplied depending on ur barter skill.

outdoorsman skill lol. Hardly anyone has over 100. Anyway, I see youd like it to be like a risk-free quest, which is not. I mean, it could be a quest... but it misses the point. If someone would decide for easiest option it wouldnt be detectable at all... and the party that obtained caravan would simply wait without any fight. I somehow like the barter skil although I dont know how it could be evaluated (party's barter skill or the highest barter skill :P Hey it could even be gambling lol) If the second (the person with highest barter)...naaaaaaah... some people would just create alts with 300% barter... this is not the point lol

for more roleplaying purposes caps in chart can be converted into some sort of goods, depending on the city u start caravan from, wich some sort of npcs can turn back into caps after u get to the destination point.
Or even deeper, each town get some goods, n trade between other towns n players are involved in these process. If u bring the needed goods from needed city u'll get more reward.

Again you think of a quest? Like transport drugs from New Reno to Redding etc? This is a topic for another, closely related, idea.

n ofcourse such trips should have kinda big cooldown, n requirements.

Yep, fully agreed once in 3 days or sth :p

But Id rather go with max 5 or even 3 people caravan and quest obtained from NPC. "Caravan" would be small party PvP
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 12:13:39 pm »

I see someone revived my old suggestion :)

As I said, this suggestion was written... Long ago, really. It needs more work, and you're on the good tracks for that, so thanks for your interest. However, I don't think this suggestion is valuable anymore, because the whole problem of powerbuilds/zerg swarm/kill-for-lulz has to be solved before. When gangs that play the raiders will have the drawbacks of raiders, and when the gangs that play the Rangers will have the advantages of Rangers (that's a raw sum up, of course), then I think we will be able to talk about this suggestion again. ;p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 12:22:34 pm »

Actually from mine topic about merchant guilds some of questions about balance of rewards and crafting were solved there I think. About powerbuilds- nerfing drugs should be the most important thing
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 12:28:26 pm »

Nerf drugs, give advantage to good-sided gangs, drawbacks to evil-sided gangs (since evil have already advantages and good already drawbacks), and finally divide available ammunition amount per two :)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

kraskish

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 12:30:03 pm »

I see someone revived my old suggestion :)

As I said, this suggestion was written... Long ago, really. It needs more work, and you're on the good tracks for that, so thanks for your interest. However, I don't think this suggestion is valuable anymore, because the whole problem of powerbuilds/zerg swarm/kill-for-lulz has to be solved before. When gangs that play the raiders will have the drawbacks of raiders, and when the gangs that play the Rangers will have the advantages of Rangers (that's a raw sum up, of course), then I think we will be able to talk about this suggestion again. ;p

It was at the last tab of opened suggestions hehe... Well about factions, its was Michaelh139's idea, that I didnt necessarily wanted to be as other NPC factions arent so sophisticated. Anyway I think there could be a chance to have something like this, some small size PvP - 3 or 5 people (option to choose from NPC - caravan master or bandit leader) and it could work rather via NPCs not solely like a real caravan as there wouldnt be any limit of attackers. There are many powerbuilds so they could be better than the attacking party but thats why drugs need to be nerfed down and the chances would be pretty equal (maybe there should be requirement of some non combat skill or SPECIAL to activate caravan meaning more chances to attackers)

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 01:23:34 pm »

This suggestion is great. One of the best so far. But I think, that some points should be changed this way:

1. You start a caravan with maximum of 5 people, without of any NPC guards. If you want to have some kind of militia inside, then you should travel with a caravan to the closest city and hire a guards there. This travel takes 6 minutes and give no loot multiplication, but it still could be attacked by anyone (As an optional point, that city should belong to the faction, which started a caravan to be able to hire a guards - this will make a connection between TC and caravans)

2. You can't send a distress signal while on the caravan

3. You can only enter to the caravan once with one character (this is to resist those bluesuits, which are always entering caravans to waste an ammo of people inside)

4. I see, that almost everyone here are scared of that "miniguns multiplication". Here is the decision - weapons are not multiplied when the travel are finished, but armors and ammo still should be multiplicated.

I'd love to see that suggestion implemented with all those corrections.

kraskish

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 01:43:34 pm »

1. You start a caravan with maximum of 5 people, without of any NPC guards. If you want to have some kind of militia inside, then you should travel with a caravan to the closest city and hire a guards there. This travel takes 6 minutes and give no loot multiplication, but it still could be attacked by anyone (As an optional point, that city should belong to the faction, which started a caravan to be able to hire a guards - this will make a connection between TC and caravans)

I dont know...I think this should be 5 NPC limit. so lets say 5 people will be all CH builds and take 5 mercs each making it 25 NPCs. And if youd like the caravan to be open and visible on the map I guess there wont be any attacker size restriction... and in the outcome no one will participate... I guess the only way it to be balanced is to be available through some NPC (caravan leader, robber leader) so as to block more attacker if they are already attacking.

3. You can only enter to the caravan once with one character (this is to resist those bluesuits, which are always entering caravans to waste an ammo of people inside)

I guess this is not needed... if somebody wishes to die, let him/her die. Anyway caravan should be ready for such attack OR this could be done by simply doing it through NPC - he will not allow 1 person to enter 5vs5 fight, simple. But he/she could enter 1 + 4 mercs why not :)

4. I see, that almost everyone here are scared of that "miniguns multiplication". Here is the decision - weapons are not multiplied when the travel are finished, but armors and ammo still should be multiplicated.

Id go further than that. No lvl 3 stuff. Caps up to 30 000 ? And there could be level caps like 1-15 and 15-21 so like 2 types. The first would cost less
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.