"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 10:53:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tent upgrade  (Read 2049 times)

Zarecki

• Overdose = A LOT OF AP's!!!!
Tent upgrade
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:25:37 pm »

Hey! Dont you agree with me that it would be better if you could make your tent ALOT bigger? I mean I agree that havving everything on the ground is cool but not for me realy xD! I want to have more boxes because that makes esier to put stuff! What im triing to say now is making more space realy.... Something like getting 10Woods using science on it and make 1 more crate or something! That would be realy great dont you agree with me?

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: Tent upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:58:30 pm »

Item management sux hard in FOnline. When you are loner with a tent its not that bad, but gang hideouts that the real problem.

- no chance to store at least 1/100 of things needed for daily gang activity so everything is lying on the ground
- no chance to protect your stuff or give away things by using members ranks in gang
- no chance to have personal stashes not even for 5 people

Things like this should get some nasty boost since so elemental stuff like gang/item management is the core of good mmo.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »

I like the idea of being able to craft crates for usage in and around your tent.

As for lockers, perhaps T-Ray at the garage or Smitty in The Den can sell those.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:56:06 pm »

well, the GMs can spawn containers, therefore, we can go from the fact that they are entities, and not props as most of us are led to believe, would be sweet with a few small bookshelves and a desk inside the tent though... would make a wasteland chairless office out of it..

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:06 pm »

devs have already told us they're not gonna do it, so don't get your hopes up considering this is prolly the 454856986594th attempt.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:58:56 am »

devs have already told us they're not gonna do it, so don't get your hopes up considering this is prolly the 454856986594th attempt.

Yet Lexx once said that he would like to have something like furniture/locker crafting ingame and that it might be even possible, but its low prio.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:09 am »

It is right that we can spawn lockers/containers etc. without regening the map like when one wants to place scenery objects etc. So I guess technically it's possible. But as Sius said, it's low priority to implement it for crafting etc.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:17:01 am »

so maybe, everybody +requesthelp and ask your GM for one more locker to your tent/base? ;D (just a stupid joke :D )
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 09:51:02 am »

hmmm,i got an ideea:

devs sad that you must modify the map of the tent to build decorations and other shit like lockers,so my ideea is:
players making maps!!!!!!!i mean if you whant upgraded tents,make them for every1, do not be selfish,hmmm probably a new contest:make tent maps!!!!!!!!
hell yeah!!!

Nikey646

• TRH
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 12:21:35 pm »

hmmm,i got an ideea:

devs sad that you must modify the map of the tent to build decorations and other shit like lockers,so my ideea is:
players making maps!!!!!!!i mean if you whant upgraded tents,make them for every1, do not be selfish,hmmm probably a new contest:make tent maps!!!!!!!!
hell yeah!!!

HELL YEAH!!! INDEED!!! LETS DO IT!!!
I L0\/E T0 USE....

It takes more then stealing everything we own, to take a Hound Down.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 12:24:55 pm »

Tent is good with size, but should contain more lockers.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 12:31:54 pm »

I'd actually like to have something like this really, but with like 2 containers, maybe let people buy housing in the wastes?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 12:34:33 pm »

I'd actually like to have something like this really, but with like 2 containers, maybe let people buy housing in the wastes?

Maybe there should be house buying too. like ^ say.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 06:13:39 pm »

Nie biegaj za stadem.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 08:34:21 pm »

Ive read two threads about housing, namely:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=1211.0

and

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3755.0

And what can I say is that no dev was against it, just as Lexx said, no one described it precisely, what would pros and cons be, etc. (yeah crafting a house is a solution, but maybe not enough?)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.