"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:19:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Housing !  (Read 11183 times)

Housing !
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:47:37 am »

Hell Yeah update ~! 2.02.10

About bases.

I think there's also should be more types of bases more expensive and advanced like a houses.

I always wonder why i have to live in tent with only one box inside and bunch of stuff around it or use unsafe gang base when i have 300k caps in bank.
So i got idea ! The way to build or buy something better bigger and just for me ! like various types of houses. there's should be few types of houses and i got some ideas about it bases should be much more expensive anyway (400k-2kk) but lets back to the houses.

The types of houses !

basic house is a tent - cost 10 skins

Junk Houses
Made of junk everything here is scavenged and in bad shape.
Buying solution quest or just buy from npc in junktown and madoc

Small Junk House- cost 4000 caps and 20 junk.
An small junk shack contains crappy bed and two containers box and broken bookshelf or something like this

Medium Junk House- cost 6000 caps and 30 junk.
You can call its house but its still piece of junk. Bigger house maybe two rooms crappy bed and some extra junk furniture and three containers.

Big Junk House - 9000 caps and 40 junk.
You wan to live in big pile of junk ? u will have it ! Three rooms crappy bed some furniture and four or five containers.

New Reno Style Houses
Its better than the junk some solid walls but still in bad shape...
Buying npc in Reno and Hub

Small House- 15k caps 10 metal parts.
Small House single room three containers little better bed.

Medium house- 20k 20 metal parts.
Two rooms some "not that bad furniture" and five containers.

Big House-30k 30 metal parts
Three rooms furniture in a good shape seven containers.

So it's still not enough for you ? Want something better here goes the

Vault City Style Houses !
Full of Advanced indoor technology !
You can buy it from npc in VC maybe in NCR

Small House- 40k 10 alloys.
Two rooms VC city style furniture five containers doors that  can be locked from a some fancy schmancy high tech thing like a computer.

Medium House 60k 20 alloys.
Three rooms VC style furniture seven containers small garden some high tech stuff

Big House 200k 40 alloys.
Four rooms VC style furniture ten containers garden around the building everything surrounded by VC style wall witch a energy field (able to open only from nearby console by owner or if you have 200 science and Lockpick skill ;>

I hope some developer will get interested with this idea ; ]

please comment ; ]

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:42:32 pm by Sayak »

Marko69

• SLASH!
Re: Housing !
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:41 am »

I wan't iron ore in my base.
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:46 pm »

That is one neat idea you have there. Generally adding more original things you can do/build in this game will make it better and more interesting. I'd also like to see ability of creating some other items connected with your house you can build yourself like more boxes, turrets, fences, doghouse, your own farm where you can grow stuff and have some animals, water pond, electronic stuff, bed etc

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:15:55 pm »

I wan't iron ore in my base.

Heh, you mean you want to buy a claim or a mine like this?

(Image: Dagnir's random encounter from TLA)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:24:36 pm »

I also think about some quests compared to it or maybe as Nyan says some wests and ways to bulid your own manor or maybe even .... city and make it an alternative way to create a gang... and later an empire ! but right now lets stay on the ground... i will think about more ideas and features about it ... today in job.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:28:13 pm by Sayak »
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:26:04 pm »

I like this idea.

And maybe a option to live in Vault? It'll had very Fallout feeling

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »

Generally loner gaming is pretty hard (or boring). Long cooldowns, self-deleting tents with loot, no permanent location with resources...

I think it's really good idea to give simple houses to buy/build for just-a-one-guys.

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:02:16 pm »

Maybe we should have the possibility to mark a location on the worldmap. For instance if you find a little house or a cave you could mark the location and come back to it when you want. But be careful because other players can find your hideout if they encounter you on the location.

187umkillass

• Everyday Iza Gunshot
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 01:04:17 pm »

And put the workbench to the house which would be dependent on science skill..
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 01:05:30 pm »

Start mapping them then. Dev's usually have kinder eye on suggestions they don't need to work that hard on. What would be the skill requirements to build them? Not everybody can build a house mind you.

187umkillass

• Everyday Iza Gunshot
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »

becouse idiot cant make a tool i think

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 01:11:15 pm »

Start mapping them then. Dev's usually have kinder eye on suggestions they don't need to work that hard on. What would be the skill requirements to build them? Not everybody can build a house mind you.

depends on the house and equip, for some easier houses you'd use outdoor maybe like some cottages made of wood, fences made of wood etc. You'd need a hammer and it would take like 30 minutes irl to build a house. Or the construction site would appear and you'd have to use ingredients on it with usual cool down.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 01:36:19 pm »

Problem with this suggestion is that you came up with a nice idea and you've set the pricing. But you don't explain how it should be possible for the player to build this in the gameworld. To whom paying money? Desert? If to a NPC, how to define the place where the house should be. Also, what is the pro and cons of a house and why should it be included- might there be a danger to make bases unattractive, etc. etc.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 01:42:02 pm »

I think the NPC should give the simple quest (gather XX resources), then when player gives him what he need the NPC will give House Plans. With Plans player go to desert and use it (or use science or outdoorsmen - whatever is required). Then house appears.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 02:05:37 pm »

Maybe an ability to upgrade your tent location into something larger, better. Though as we hear there is too many dead maps in the system anyway. A lot of materials make more sense then caps if you are building it yourself but it also encourages alts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.