"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 01:12:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to Gather?  (Read 3084 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
How to Gather?
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:18 pm »

I use knife to plant,but nothing happened.
I use hatchet to tree,but nothing happened.

What about these.. are they working?

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Re: How to Gather?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »

Yes they are working, you should try looking at different resources for answers like the wiki or for some information the maunal, while the manuals unreliable for some stuff most basic thing remain the same and your answers are there. BTW the answer to your question is you dont have high enough skill to chop/cut stuff.
plasma nade your face off!

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:47:34 pm »

There need levels to chop/cut stuffs?

What levels needed if i have to ask?
(Cannot found)

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 02:46:54 pm »

40% outdoorsman - cut plants
40% science - dig ore/minerals

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:46:10 pm »

40% outdoorsman - cut plants
40% science - dig ore/minerals

Thanks  ;D
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:48:46 pm »

I gather wood and ores/minerals a lot and find that in towns only a couple trees are set to be chopped and in random map squares the trees are not always the resource gathering kind either. In the randomly encountered tree squares they usually seem to be scattered in an L shaped pattern along the edge of one corner overlapping the exit grid. Some that I've found in towns are the ne most corner of modoc around a big pile of junk, and a couple in Klamath north of Vic's home. I'm sure there are more I just haven't found them yet.

As for the places you can mine, they are only in random map squares as far as I know. They are easy to identify. If you see a cave in a cliff face enter it and look for rockpiles, but beware of deathclaws! The best ones are the two-tone rockslides found on clifffaces where there is no cave. They are very large rock piles with a brownish layer to one side and a more stoney looking layer on the other side of the rockslide with a gap in the middle where your char will stand when he/she mines it.

You need a sledge hammer to mine minerals and ores. And you need either the primitive tool or axe/hatchet to chop wood. They only work when equipped like a weapon and set to "USE ON." You use them on the resource the same way you use a shovel on cowpies. The primitive tool breaks 90% of the time so a hatchet is better. If you plan on waiting there for the cooldown time to expire and you can only make primitive tools, i suggest bringing atleast 3 with you. If you have an already loaded inventory you wont be able to carry many logs. You get 4 logs per attempt and 5 minerals or 5 ores per attempt at mining. Mining requires the most inventory capacity by far. At 5 str my char can only carry 5 ores or minerals at one time with nothing else in inventory.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 08:32:31 pm »

junk not working, i tryed everything

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/DarkRyder6/screen_18-01-2010_20-28-38.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/DarkRyder6/screen_18-01-2010_20-28-45.jpg

edit:
looks like i cannot pick up anzthing in this part of the map, or talk to the guard, on the next side of the tent i can

edit2:
ok i can pick up junk in junkyard, near secund exit NCR
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:46:07 pm by DarkRyder »
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:47:10 pm »

Yeah wrong barrel. Theres one below that one, other side of entrance...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.