"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:25:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: seriously make it easier  (Read 12069 times)

Re: seriously make it easier
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 03:53:33 pm »

This is wasteland.2238 is post nuclear role play game....this is not a lineage or wow.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 07:41:56 pm »

how does a new player know modoc isn't frequented?

think while playing? you mean have prior experience and in depth knowledge of every town, faction and encounter area as well as have alternate accounts supplying caps and resources? new players don't have that, the wiki doesn't even have that.

If he was based at NCR, he knew the NCR was frequented by low level and otherwise weak players. Now, it doesn't take Sherlock motherfucking Holmes to deduce that there's gonna be a lot of people hunting such folks around. Modoc, on the other hand, is widely regarded as dangerous and doesn't have that much traffic around, so the chance of catching some lead while farming there is almost non-existent.

He had all the information, he just didn't use it right. Doesn't take in-depth knowledge of every town, just putting the pieces into place. If you can't do such basic puzzles, than maybe, just maybe this game is not for you.

Metal Avalon

• heathens will fall
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 11:11:11 pm »

The problem with you guys is you think any minor change to the difficulty will make the game uber easy for everyone and a shit game, but the problem with that is it won't and you're just over exaggerating everything. I fucking hate WoW and I don't want this game to become that, and if you had read my original post I'm even saying we need handouts and we shouldn't need them. We should be able to learn the game by it's self but heres the learning curve for the game right now okay?

Also you guys do expect us to automatically know everything, we shouldn't have to die 600 times do to trial and error just to find out one town is good for farming caps. Now I agree we shouldn't just be handed it, but it shouldn't be as hard as it is to find out, which is just by lucky half ass chance.

Also another suggestion, when you die maybe instead of re-spawning across the entire map from where you died maybe you can buy some kind of upgrade for your tent so you respawn there every time you die?
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 11:47:15 pm »

Also another suggestion, when you die maybe instead of re-spawning across the entire map from where you died maybe you can buy some kind of upgrade for your tent so you respawn there every time you die?

unfortunately high level guys would use that for town contro; by setting up their tent next to the location. Stick around and you'll find a lot of great ideas have been ruined by the players themselves.

i'll just leave this here anyway
http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&q=arguing+on+the+internet
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D

Metal Avalon

• heathens will fall
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 11:50:17 pm »

unfortunately high level guys would use that for town contro; by setting up their tent next to the location. Stick around and you'll find a lot of great ideas have been ruined by the players themselves.

i'll just leave this here anyway
http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&q=arguing+on+the+internet
Old as the internet its self, nobody takes head or cares though.

So why not make it so you can only have a tent so far away from town? like 3-4 squares?
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 12:29:57 am »

google link wasn't aimed at you, you actually said most of what I wanted to say to nice_boat.

If he was based at NCR, he knew the NCR was frequented by low level and otherwise weak players. Now, it doesn't take Sherlock motherfucking Holmes to deduce that there's gonna be a lot of people hunting such folks around. Modoc, on the other hand, is widely regarded as dangerous and doesn't have that much traffic around, so the chance of catching some lead while farming there is almost non-existent.

How is a new player supposed to know that? in the wiki it says modoc is unguarded and used for pvp fights, surely a new player thinks "oh, i shouldn't hang around there" not "oh cool that means it's safe to hunt cows around there"

anyway i'm going to click my own link now and sign off.
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D

Metal Avalon

• heathens will fall
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:02 am »

Modoc still has Pkers sitting right by the entrance, insta-rocketting anything that comes in. Thats been my main problem is dying before I can even click anything.
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:40 am »

The reason why you killed as soon as you enter Modoc is because Chosen Soldiers controls it. In every town that Chosen Soldiers owns, there will often be someone camping the entrances to kill you (with militia), making sure that noone but themselves have access to the town. Even though it's only one person, you can't fight back because of the militia.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:54:09 am by Pillory »

Metal Avalon

• heathens will fall
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »

The reason why you killed as soon as you enter Modoc is because Chosen Soldiers controls it. In every town that Chosen Soldiers owns, there will often be someone camping the entrances to kill you (with militia), making sure that noone but themselves have access to the town. Even though it's only one person, you can't fight back because of the militia.

What is a chosen soldier walks in?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 09:13:06 pm »

they have namecolorising... in other words they see who is on their faction, and do not shoot the guy if he isn't specially colored in his name, this is client side,

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 09:54:58 pm »

I feel for ya Metal Avalon. Aswell as all the other people who have quit this game since the last wipe, and the one before, and the one before. So many people i have seen come and go from the wastes. It sucks how higher level fonline familiar players dont help people to figure out this god damn game and instead think its better to just fuck with people.All thats done is reduced the population. I dont care how many people yall think are registered to fonline,most of them are fkn alts or dead accounts that will never be activated. If there was some kind of safety feature to ensure you didnt loose all your shit (gear) im sure noobs wouldnt be so cheesed getting killed all the time. I dont know how thatd be possible with little kids running around being little morons.
I would like my enlcave skin please :D

JovankaB

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »

Modoc still has Pkers sitting right by the entrance, insta-rocketting anything that comes in. Thats been my main problem is dying before I can even click anything.

Use town preview feature whenever available and NEVER use then main entrance. Avoid towns controlled by PK factions (they are still quite safe if you don't stay there to long and stay away from militia range). Be very careful if any door in building is opened or you see some dead bodies or items on ground. If possible, use back door when you go to any building (back doors can't be observed by other people, unless they are inside). Always close the door after you enter a shop and observe it while you trade - it can serve as a primitive alarm and it takes AP to open it. If someone opens the door, press ESCAPE quickly and be ready to fight / run away. Never shoot first unless you know it's PK (at least you won't be on kill-on-sight list of anti-PK gangs) and ALWAYS colorize people who PKed you. And don't go to the towns with items you are not ready to lose.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:23:54 pm by JovankaB »

Metal Avalon

• heathens will fall
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 12:21:16 am »

how do I use any other entrance than main? the only option I have is to click on the town and hope I enter a little bit to the side of a wall so they don't see me.
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 12:23:02 am »

When being on the world map above the city, use the Town World button in the right-bottom conrer of your game window. Now you can choose the etrances as well as preview them.

Metal Avalon

• heathens will fall
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 12:27:27 am »

Oh, cool.

Yah know another way to fix alot of the problem is do what that one poster said and implement the trials from Fallout 2, give your character a spear, some low level armor, and a few monsters for exp. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 1.809 seconds with 28 queries.