"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:23:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: seriously make it easier  (Read 12068 times)

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
Re: seriously make it easier
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 08:51:40 am »

Hmm. Maybe if it were easier some more people would actually keep playing. And I wouldn't have to spend hours naked waiting for someone willing to give me a spare gun or doing the old brass knuckle monopolu... which sucks, btw.

In my absolutely oh-so-subjective and biased opinion, dude's got the point. Hopefully someone else will in time.
Didn't, got killed.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 08:57:09 am »

In primitive words:

New players no stuff. Old players way too much stuff. That's not good.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 09:15:15 am »

So Winston, you think that if someone is playing longer he should have same stuff like a newcomer?  :-X No more comment >.>
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17:03 am »

I think he shouldn't have 20 Brotherhood Armors and 30 Sniper Rifles.  ::)
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 09:41:04 am »

The old players make it very difficult for new players to get started, the mentality 'it was hard for me, it should be hard for them' is not right, this is a beta and this is an obvious problem that deters many from playing the game.

Maybe if you killed 5 players that are levels 1-3 in the wasteland you would earn the perk 'noob killer' and be unprotected in guarded towns, as well as have your name added to bulletin boards in towns. Only in random encounters though so it couldn't be exploited in towns. How to avoid the perk? Don't kill anybody with less than 50hp (unless you are level 1-3 as well)
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 10:09:01 am »

Wrong.

Another character enters your encounter and shoots you while you are in TB. Lose 9 Hides. Start again.

Riiiiight. Because you risk that much and you absolutely, positively have to do that around the NCR and not, say, Modoc where nobody hunts for players because it actually isn't frequented? You can actually reach quite a decent level of exp and material belongings without a single death if you think while playing, but since derp-demotivation like the post quoted above prevails over useful advice and giving newbies free itamz prevails over explaining how to play the situation is what it is.

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 10:15:32 am »

You can't just give things away. When you give people things they haven't earned that's what kids? Communism, that's right!

I had to work hard to get where I am and all the other high level characters went through the same shit you're going through. We didn't get handouts and changes to the game engine. Read the wiki, ask people where safe travel routes are and just use common sense.

I'm sorry but I can't hold sympathy to every player that asks for the game to be made easier, because it wasn't changed for me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:23:31 am by Sashi »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 10:22:07 am »

It's not even that, it's the fact that the people who get handouts never actually learn how to play but think they're oh-so-awesome and the shock becomes even greater when they try competing with players who actually had to work to earn their living. And giving them free stuff is a waste anyway, because most will lose it because of stupid mistakes in a minute or two. I gave a BA to a newbie once, it took him exactly 5 minutes to have it robbed (told him to stash it away until he was lvl 15 or so) and return to me asking to hunt that damn PKing scum. lolwasteland.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 10:23:53 am »

There's already a thread about that. One reason why I shouldn't lock this clone ?
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Sashi

• Rolling my saving throw
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 10:25:57 am »

Lock it, this thread will only cause unneeded drama and whining.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 10:50:17 am »

Evolving isn't fun when you don't evolve.

havent you just said that every problem in here is based on your own lack of learning skill, sir?
think out bout what we said in here, its not made to feel you like shit, its written in hope that you're gonna analyse it, try again (analysin things this time) and one day you will be grateful to those guys who are insulting you now ;)
this srsly is best game Ive played (played many; and still it sucks badly comparing to the final version, im pretty sure of it)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:52:33 am by Imprezobus »
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 11:43:28 am »

I agree that the game need some kind of ingame tutorial. Something like "discover the wastelands and learn how to use a gun" :)
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 12:58:18 pm »

Riiiiight. Because you risk that much and you absolutely, positively have to do that around the NCR and not, say, Modoc where nobody hunts for players because it actually isn't frequented? You can actually reach quite a decent level of exp and material belongings without a single death if you think while playing, but since derp-demotivation like the post quoted above prevails over useful advice and giving newbies free itamz prevails over explaining how to play the situation is what it is.

how does a new player know modoc isn't frequented?

think while playing? you mean have prior experience and in depth knowledge of every town, faction and encounter area as well as have alternate accounts supplying caps and resources? new players don't have that, the wiki doesn't even have that.

don't derp at me foo, just pointing out this game is bullshit difficult for new players and it's made worse by the "ti woz ard 4 me so it got b hard 4 noobz or i r jel00z" mentality.
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 03:04:45 pm »

you mean have prior experience

gather experience so it could became prior
thats what this game is about
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 03:19:46 pm »

Everyone starts same as you mate. Just build your tent and later everything is much easier ;P

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 22 queries.