Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Which one you like more?

STALKER kicks your butt.
Fallout kicks your butt.
They both are good.
What is STALKER?
I like only FOnline, none of them both are good.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout VS. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series  (Read 3726 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Fallout VS. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:00:50 pm »

I really do preffer playing STALKER then Fallout. Fallout always seemed just a bit too linear, and not even talking how much of a failure was Fallout 3. STALKER has more like survival stuff and hasn't got secrets where you can go to one place, open the locker and get best armor, a Gauss Gun, shitloads of ammunition and you can't just rob people to get everything. STALKER CoP + Me + Sniper Rifle + bandits going to shoot someone = cool sniping sneaky skills + fun.

I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Fallout VS. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:25:47 pm »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - 3D game similar to every other new FPS/RPG
Fallout - 2D (isometric) game unique in their times with great plot and a lot of quests. Now it seems linear but in their times that was something great :)
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 12:27:19 pm »

I really do preffer playing STALKER then Fallout. Fallout always seemed just a bit too linear, and not even talking how much of a failure was Fallout 3. STALKER has more like survival stuff and hasn't got secrets where you can go to one place, open the locker and get best armor, a Gauss Gun, shitloads of ammunition and you can't just rob people to get everything. STALKER CoP + Me + Sniper Rifle + bandits going to shoot someone = cool sniping sneaky skills + fun.

Fallout 3 doesn't belong to fallout series imo- it is just stupid shooter with active pause. I played both games and Fallout is about a world and moral choices, when stalker is nice fps that can kick butt, but better effect is when you playing this at night

EDIT: Linear? Hmm even after about 10 years it is still game, that you need end more than once, because there are many options to create character and world reactions
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:29:41 pm by Hydro »
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:28:52 pm »

Fallout and STALKER have nothing in comparison, gameplaywise nor story/setting wise.
The only thing you may see in both games is a radiation sign. ::)

So I don't see a point in this thread, also titles with "ABC VERSUS XY" mostly just lead to silly things.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:38 pm »

STALKER is a much better FPS with awesome guns and a laughable storyline with minor RPG elements (only equipment and upgrades)

Fallout 3 is a shocking FPS with awful guns and a cool storyline with major RPG elements (Oblivion with guns)

STALKER's gameplay is realistic, bullet physics are incorporated and you spend a lot of time sneaking around groups of enemies or running from monsters.

Fallout 3's gameplay is a bit.. well.. easy. Sneak is overpowered, VATS is overpowered, Damage resistance can get ridiculously high, ammo doesn't weigh anything, stimpaks are everywhere and a good player can get every skill to 100.

STALKER has amazing environments that are quite explorable, you can even climb a few things and sometimes find secret stashes in attics and stuff. The map is split into bits, with annoying chokepoints to get to different areas. The buildings are very well suited for the gameplay, but in some instances they wouldn't make much sense in the real world and are a bit linear and bare.

Fallout 3 has amazing environments that are quite explorable, every single house has a secret stash in it (bad thing). HUGE map with no loading screens and even though they reused a lot of static houses and interiors the loot and layout is different in every single one, you can tell a lot of care went into every block of Fallout 3's environment. There are a lot more places to explore and secrets to find.

STALKER's wasteland is harsh, scary and dark

Fallout 3's wasteland is not.. but it's soooo pretty

They both have a very active modding community.
I was part of a major mod for stalker so I am a bit biased when I say STALKER is easier to mod.

They are both full of glitches.

They both have strange NPC behavior.

In conclusion, a glitch-free combination of the two games would be the best game ever made and would bring peace to the world (no time for war, everyone would be inside playing it)
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:25:30 pm »

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY SHITTY FALLOUT 3  :-X
It's not belong to Fallout Series, only Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 created by Interplay.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:38:20 pm »

ah, i just assumed. In that case they are incomparable.
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 09:03:41 pm »

Heh, Fallout 3 is really a piece of time waste. STALKER can be ran on slower computers even with an old Nvidia 5600, while Fallout 3 needs a dumb 6800 (I have 6200, but I played it at friends, it has got nothing more then beautiful graphics). STALKER and Fallout somehow make them similiar to me, maybe it's because of the radioactive and unpredictable surroundings. Indeed Fallout 1/2 is an old game, while they are still being played more and being modded even more then played. 
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:27:14 pm »

Best thing about the Bethesda fail verison of Fallout was that there weren't an abundance of...  

"Chest High walls"  ;D.

Well considering it was an fps that is.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:36:45 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25:12 am »

STALKER with Supermod ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/super-mod-pack ) simply kicks ass. I voted both were awesome because I love them both, but to be honest - I think Fallout 1 and 2 are slightly superior in terms of entertainment factor. I mean, their gameplay is just so much deeper. But then again, Fallout doesn't have epic firefights interrupted by a blowout which sends you and your enemies covering in a bunker resulting in CQB which was way beyond the intensity of the previous battle. Or me bartering with some dude, trying to sell him a gun only to see his head explode in my face because a sniper shot him and some guys were attacking his encampment. And yes, both actually happened during my playthrough and both weren't scripted.

Also, Fallout 3 never happened. Yes, denial helps 8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:29:21 am by Nice_Boat »

KraftikBG

• New generation of bombs...
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 08:45:00 pm »

Stalker , best nuclear game i ever played , amazing atmosphere and alll things that you can do there... thumb up
Events ,fun,criticals,GvG,PvP,PvE,crafting,trading,(banning),looting  ,talking , lame admins,  ragequits.That all is in this game = FOnline 2238 , now it´s fu**ed GAME !

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 08:00:06 am »

I like more Fallout series, because i have played 1-3 games (no tactics)
and i have played just S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, but not liked it much :P

Zarecki

• Overdose = A LOT OF AP's!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 09:09:19 pm »

Both of them are good, because both of them have realy similar situation! As you know that Chernobil had a Atomic Station Explosion and Radiation spread around Ukraina, all of that action happens at Ukraina. So I realy think that both of them rock!!!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.