"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:34:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: More damage to tommy gun.  (Read 5342 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: More damage to tommy gun.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »

why not just let it empty the entire mag, a pray and spray weapon...
Holy shit that'd be insanely powerful....  Bring it on!

Since we don't get dual-wields to combat "Teh uberpowabuldz wit de mingonz"  why can't we get a full on 50 bullet burst weapon?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »

Holy shit that'd be insanely powerful....  Bring it on!

Since we don't get dual-wields to combat "Teh uberpowabuldz wit de mingonz"  why can't we get a full on 50 bullet burst weapon?

THIS IS MADNESS!
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 02:04:32 pm »

I think we can increase the minimum damage - making it something higher than 3.

Or we make this gun manly as all hell and make it shoot half its clip when bursting.

kraskish

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 03:05:11 pm »

Ive been thinking a bit and however tommy gun uses the cheapest ammo, even the cheapest should make more dmg than lvl 1 kick. I mean, I understand the burst to be 3-20, but single shot 3-20? Ok, if it depended on the range and the targets close to the maximum range of tommy gun would get dmg closer to 3 than to 20 I agree but it doesnt work like that. Its a two handed weapon and yet you can cause raw 3 dmg with a single shot to enemy being close to you.

Burst: 3-20 fine

Single shot: 3-20 not really :/, it should be 7-20 at least. I mean, you can kill a person IRL with a fake weapon and this is a real weapon, 2 handed with real ammo and greater dmg than mauser of 10mm pistol
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 04:52:53 am »

Even in Fallout 2 it sucked. Maybe switch the damage of the grease gun to the tommy gun and vice versa? 10-20 for tommy and 8-20 or whatevr it is for the grease gun ? The grease gun is an SMG anyways that isnt so accurate whereas the Tommy Gun is a master crafter ww2 gun that won us the goddamn war its a rifle that can spray 50 rounds in 3 seconds and it killed alot of Japs and Nazi's.... frankly i'd rather see people use the tommy gun instead of a grease gun...

please shoot yourself in the head.
Swords will cut you wide fucking open!

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 04:53:46 pm »

please shoot yourself in the head.

Will not be tolerated.  >:(

-Moving on, many of the changes are overpowering so far that I seen.  Why not just a little to increase its effectiveness without making it so damn uber.

- instead of 3-20 dmg, why not just 5-20, with a 12-bullet burst.  Minor, but the extra two bullets are upping its damage from 30-200 to 60-240.  Little at a time...

Also, you say the ammo sucks, but while it may NOT have a damage modifier, it also does not have a DR% modifier.

10mm JHP
2/1 dmg mod
+25% DR
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 05:10:16 pm »

come on, guys if u really need some fire power look at big guns,

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 06:59:19 pm »

THATS THE PROBLEM!!  Its always big guns, big guns, big fucking guns.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:37 pm »

Big guns needed nerf :P

kraskish

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 05:53:17 pm »

Will not be tolerated.  >:(

-Moving on, many of the changes are overpowering so far that I seen.  Why not just a little to increase its effectiveness without making it so damn uber.

- instead of 3-20 dmg, why not just 5-20, with a 12-bullet burst.  Minor, but the extra two bullets are upping its damage from 30-200 to 60-240.  Little at a time...

Also, you say the ammo sucks, but while it may NOT have a damage modifier, it also does not have a DR% modifier.

10mm JHP
2/1 dmg mod
+25% DR

You suggest Tommy gun using 10mm JHP? or is it just an example?

Well, the bullets should have some increased dmg mod like 5/4 because they're fired from a machine gun. For me burst is ok, the single shot, however, is not. In worst case 3-7 dmg seems really low compared to its single shot mode. I mean, I cant imagine a gun (ok maybe a bb gun) that could cause as little as 3-7 minimum! Its less than mauser! And Tommy is rather a more solid gun than that

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 01:13:05 am »

I'd even go as far as saying increasing the damage to 15-(current max +5), swapping the ammo to 10mm and incrasing the range to 35 singleshot mode and 20 in burst mode, and reduce the minimum usage strength to 5, that 6 str is just fuckered up...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 02:30:46 am »

You mean Was a solid gun.  In its era of usage, it was good.  But its fairly archaic now, and I can only imagine how bad it might be later on.
And yes, I just listed the 10mm jhp ammo stats as comparison.  I do not see tommy gun ammo being changed to 10mm, either. That... just makes no sense.

In the end, I don't really see much being changed to it.  It IS a cheap little burst weapon, just with some very low min damage.  It's random.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 03:10:46 am »

It IS a cheap little burst weapon, just with some very low min damage.

Its is NOT as cheap as a 10mm smg who's damage is far more consistant than that of the tommy gun.

(By not as cheap i meant the price for the gun itself, not its ammo).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:07:52 am by Michaelh139 »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 03:40:39 am »

the 10mm SMG is also easy to farm in bulk, considering that the enemies who use it usually have <60 HP

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

kraskish

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »

the 10mm SMG is also easy to farm in bulk, considering that the enemies who use it usually have <60 HP

WHO? homesteaders?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 18 queries.