"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:02:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Turn-based / Real-time" option in-game  (Read 2165 times)

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
"Turn-based / Real-time" option in-game
« on: July 03, 2010, 09:14:45 am »

There was this feature in Fallout: Tactics, you could have switched just by clicking the button, if combat in encounters will be in real time or in turn-based mode...
Maybe it could be implemented in FOnline too, so you can set it anytime, and dont have to logout, end your client, change it in Config, and run client and login again...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: "Turn-based / Real-time" option in-game
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 09:23:58 am »

.....Sorry but this would eliminate OutDoorsman.

Almost...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:29:45 am »

He means that you can choose to make the combat turn based or real time before fight or while you are somewhere in map or in a city so you dont have to log off to change it.

I think this could be a really good idea if good aplied.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:48:42 am »

He means that you can choose to make the combat turn based or real time before fight
Which as I have said would eliminate outdoorsman! (well make it less useful anyways...)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 10:08:10 am »

How can that eliminate outdoorsman?

The only option is a combat. what's the connection betwen combat and outdoorsman?? o_O
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 10:14:25 am »

If you can change the type of fight (Real Time or Turn Based) at any time even on WorldMap then it WOULD Make Outdoorsman a less preferable skill because it determines whether you get to choose the type of battle you would have in a random encounter if the roll was in your favor.

How nobody gets what Im saying puzzles me..........

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:37:22 am »

Michaelh139: well, I dont mean to make the changes possible anytime (it was possible in Tactis, but it will make horrible mess in FOnline)... just to have the possibility to switch this options in-game...
Enzo Wolf

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 11:43:38 am »

With outdoorsman you can change type of combat when encounter is detected.

If you don't know what you are encountering so it that 3sec when you see that you are encontered (flashing bolt) what can you do?
And now you can change combat by closing the game, changing options and enter the game - with that suggestion this will be a little faster.

I still can't see what's the connection betwen changing combat in-game and outdoorsman
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:49:51 am by C47 »

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 11:49:01 am »

I'm still can't see what's the connection betwen changing combat in-game and outdoorsman

neither am I...
Enzo Wolf

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »

With outdoorsman you can change type of combat when encounter is detected.

If you don't know what you are encountering so it that 3sec when you see that you are encontered (flashing bolt) what can you do?
And now you can change combat by closing the game, changing options and enter the game - with that suggestion this will be a little faster.

I still can't see what's the connection betwen changing combat in-game and outdoorsman
Exactly!  If the roll wasn' in your favor your not supposed to be able to change the type of fight!  you may do better in TB or RT or vices versa but part of the roll being against you is you suffer with whichever type of fight you had it set on default.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 07:16:31 pm »

If the whole FOconfig was in-game, it would make everything a lot easier.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

C47

• DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 07:36:53 pm »

Exactly!  If the roll wasn' in your favor your not supposed to be able to change the type of fight!  you may do better in TB or RT or vices versa but part of the roll being against you is you suffer with whichever type of fight you had it set on default.
So you're using outdoorsman only for choosing a combat type? :D
And I'll said that again:
How can you choose a combat type in 3sec and without knowing what have you encountered?
And you can always change a default combat type by changing the options outside the game

I still can get it why you are connecting in-game option: changing combat type with outdoorsman, and I'm not the only one ;]
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 10:48:35 pm »

hmm how about the option to turn combat into TB or RT while in combat? If you have enough outdoorsman and the rest of the players in that encounter vote yes to switching?

Example... I always play in TB as default but I encountered a small group of critters... hmm Im really in the mood for some rt this time so how about adding a button to switch it.
No other players in the wasteland around me, awsome. Instanly ends TB combat and switches to RT.

I know you can get this option while encountering something but just sometimes while in TB you rly want to end the TB and get into RT bcuz its taking forever or something. Lol i really dont care if this gets implementing but it would be a little luxery however only if we can control TB or RT combat while in combat.  Maybe add an option to do 1-2 Turns in TB then combat takes over in RT... giving you that first 5 second advantage of that 1 turn... i.e Goes into slow motion so to speak. "Bullettime" for the first 15 seconds lol...
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »

lol wow didnt know this was already posted... maybe we should lock this thread ?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.