"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 16, 2024, 09:02:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Real life vault tech  (Read 4301 times)

Real life vault tech
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:14 am »

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/timeline.htm

for a company with so much money you'd think they'd have a better site.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:53:30 am by Roachor »

Re: Real life vault tech
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:39:43 am »

Yay, maybe ill turn into a real ghoul and crit shot every other survivor left in the world. No GM's to stop me now!

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:38:07 pm »

just try me, i'll kick your sorry ass in so many different ways, i'll be the first ghoul with musculature

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:50:59 pm »

Interesting. The speech on their main page is well redacted and quite convincing too.

The Vivos complexes will be deep underground, airtight, fully self-contained shelters designed to survive virtually any catastrophe, or threat scenario including natural disasters, a nuclear blast, chemical and biological weapons, or even social anarchy. Each self contained shelter complex will comfortably accommodate a community of 172 - 200 people, in spacious quarters, for up to 1 year of autonomous survival to ride out the potential events.  Every detail has been considered and planned for.  Members need to only arrive before the facility is sealed and secured.

^ Now THAT is scary.

Edit : And the overseer...
Once a Vivos shelter is occupied and under lockdown, the co-owner members will elect a management board to direct the day to day operations of the shelter during the period of emergency shelter use.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:57:22 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 02:55:32 pm »

Just another company trying to make teh $$$s out of peoples general paranoia concerning the holy "2012"....

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:57:03 pm »

what about 2029 and 2036, i took time to read through it.

Vivos is in a race against time to complete construction and commissioning of a global network of underground community shelters prior to the predicted December 21, 2012 Mayan date. While this date is the impetus for completing Vivos, the envisioned catastrophic events can happen without notice, this year, next, in 2012, 2029, 2036, or even 100 years thereafter.

Nobody knows if the prophecies will happen, or not.  Scientists understand that the Earth has had a number of catastrophic, periodic events that repeat on a somewhat predictable, or even random basis.  Many current events, both natural and political are pointing to potential a disastrous change.  The process may already be unfolding.  NASA reports that 2012 could bring powerful solar storms, at the peak of the solar cycle; while it is also tracking the Apophis asteroid for what may be an Earth devastating collision in 2029, or 2036.  What if one of these events happens?  We cannot predict, but we can prepare.  Time before the storm!

you know what, if this thing happens, i'm most probably gonna be on a rooftop smoking illegal cigars and drinking 35 year old scotch. I'm already prepared for a disaster. I dare you to ghoulify my ass whatever disaster comes along.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:59:15 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:59:00 pm »

Actually if they have internet connexion, I want to go there right now !

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/solution.htm
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 02:59:42 pm »

Even mentioning that silly 2012 clusterfuck is making that company dubious.
If I remember correct, some random sect has shares on that company.

EDIT: If that thing had a climate controled cooling service I would go there now. ;D
Fucking hot here..

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 03:01:10 pm »

notice the armchairs, i beth that's the place to go for your daily brainwashes

found at 0:53

also, at 2:51 isn't that a clip from that space demolition movie with bruce willis, "armageddon" if i'm correct

and besides, It was hilarious in a tragic way
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:04:14 pm by gordulan »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 03:03:54 pm »

Haha, good found.
I guess you're even more doomed actually paying for such a bunker and going there when the nukes fall.
Better stay out these things...
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 03:17:09 pm »

I read through that and the really funny thing is it supplies you with a year of food for the 50k (25k) if your a child, lets all hope the radiation goes away after that time if its because of nuclear war.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 03:18:24 pm »

natural disasters
Ok, that I believe.
a nuclear blast
that too
chemical and biological weapons

even this...
even social anarchy(...) the co-owner members will elect a management board to direct the day to day operations of the shelter during the period of emergency shelter use.
So what if social anarchy happens inside, heh:) ?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 03:41:16 pm »

automated turrets  ;D

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »

$50,000 per adult          $25,000 per    child          Pets   free

sounds like a sweet deal. you can save your pet for free!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »

NUCLEAR

<...>

To help resist this form of catastrophe, the Vivos shelters are designed to withstand:

• 3-bars of blast overpressure at 45 PSI
• Force 10 earthquakes in successions
• 50 megaton air burst detonated 10 miles away
• Radiation exposure

"Ehh, need to explode our bomb atleast 9 miles away." - said Al-Qaeda member.

What that means? "50 megaton air burst detonated 10 miles away"? That means if bomb will explode a bit closer, then say good bye to shelter and better join terrorists? ^_^
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 21 queries.