"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 01, 2024, 01:12:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We need more players.  (Read 5677 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
We need more players.
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:34 am »

To get more players we need to somehow "advertise".

EVERYONE TELL EVERYONE WHO LIKE TO PLAY GAMES ABOUT THIS GAME ANY CHANCE AND TIME YOU GET!

....But try not to try and have ADHD and/or impatient people on this game.....
You know... them people who can't sit still for 5 seconds without jogging in place.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: We need more players.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:10:37 am »

pffffffffff anyone say in school this game is shit cuz of full of pks and its ofc pvp more than like i sasay MMOrpg (cuz there is small piece of rpg in fallout world)
I play this game cuz it is HARD and i like hard games but don't with main objective is kill anyone you stumble across.
h
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 08:29:11 am »

No one I know cares enough about fallout 2 to play a game this old looking.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:32:43 am »

About 15 people played fallut 1&2 next some of 50 played f3 and they think it is more better(in graphic) than fallout 1 and 2 but not in the historical line. And the game is so much harde for teenagers and young people so old pp won't play this too cuz they don't have much time for playing (if they got work ofc xD)
h

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:34:19 am »

exactly.
patience is the fucking keyword..
most people have played many shiny mmorpg´s and
found fonline simply to complicated..
its frustrated to tell some new players how to lvl up or which ways to play you see,
and they just dissatisfied with the look and start bleating about the game mechanics.
seems "ugly" for them and they try to play fonline as browser game.
killed 100th times and they leave the game.
dont know whether this game is to "hardcore" its my first online rpg.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 12:59:40 pm »

It' still beta and a noncommercial project, so false actionism about advertising would be wrong ATM.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 07:15:43 pm »

*footshaking at the time*

I resent your accusation, and so does my ADD
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »

If you want to get a new player influx... add a tuterial, a proper one. Ingame.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 09:36:51 pm »

If you want to get a new player influx... add a tuterial, a proper one. Ingame.
Agrees, would make this games new players actually keep playing half the time  ::).
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 03:25:50 pm »

I could recommend this game to about dozen people but it's just too work in progress for that. One of my contacts actually told that he's not going to play the game until it's in better state. Even I can't play the game regularly because of certain unsolved issues that have been around since forever. If I recruited some players they'd encounter those issues too and get a bad impression.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 03:49:12 pm »

I would really like to see some statistics about frequentation of game server. I'm sure the devs have accurate info on this, how many players stop playing after 1 connection, average number of players, these sort of things...
Coz all i hear is players saying that others leave the game at a early stage but i'm not so sure it's true ...

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 01:33:19 am »

Actually it's hard to keep new players, we tried different ways (guides, assistantchip,...) but the main problem is there is nothing to do ingame except PvP for now, and most of new players are quickly bored with this. The game needs more content (quests, "dungeons", some features to improve Role Playing, interactions....). But we all know about this already. It's a beta. We have to be patient.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 11:25:41 am »

That's my experience too.
The only person I got interested in it is someone who hasn't got the time to play.
Most young gamers won't play this because they assume that good graphics means good game, bad graphics means bad game and it's too hardcore for them.
I agree that an in-game tutorial would be nice.

I've played Project Entropia, though be it a while back, and they had game guides in-game.
Longtime playing gamers who help out new players, do events with them, etc.
While doing so, they explain all kinds of things.
Something like that but PvP safe for new players would be nice.

avv

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 01:04:48 pm »

Something like that but PvP safe for new players would be nice.

Games with pvp safe players still complain either new player protection being too short (no matter how long it is) or getting pk'd right after the protection ended. They learn nothing about pvp while being under newb-protection and can't watch out when it ends. If the plan was to help nubs to gather enough equipment and stuff so that they could do better when they encounter a pk it wouldn't help since equipment aren't as effective as builds. Besides most pks carry good enough guns to kill anyone.

Not to mention newb protection would be used to shameless hq ore mining.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:52 pm »

Games with pvp safe players still complain either new player protection being too short (no matter how long it is) or getting pk'd right after the protection ended. They learn nothing about pvp while being under newb-protection and can't watch out when it ends. If the plan was to help nubs to gather enough equipment and stuff so that they could do better when they encounter a pk it wouldn't help since equipment aren't as effective as builds. Besides most pks carry good enough guns to kill anyone.

Not to mention newb protection would be used to shameless hq ore mining.

It's not meant as newbie protection, but more of a newbie training program to teach them the basics of the game.
They would be protected during the course of an event.
The few events I've been in all ended in PvP.
Once the event is over, so is their protection.
At the end of the event, they'll lose everything gathered during the event.
That way they can learn the basics of the game like trading with other players, marking people as friends or enemy, etc.
Nothing more, nothing less.
A PvP event for new players is also an option.
They will understand they don't stand a chance against a level 21 heavy gunner build.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.