"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 07, 2024, 02:53:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: We need more players.  (Read 4945 times)

Re: We need more players.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 03:52:28 pm »

It would be nice to have a guarded newbie area where any illegal actions get you kicked out instead of killed.  People over a certain level just wouldn't be allowed in there, and everywhere to the exit grid would be under guard.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

avv

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »

It would be nice to have a guarded newbie area where any illegal actions get you kicked out instead of killed.  People over a certain level just wouldn't be allowed in there, and everywhere to the exit grid would be under guard.

Learning that wasteland is harsh is part of the game. It's just some of this harshness is caused by exploits, badly implemented features and bored players.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 05:02:18 pm »

Sure.  I don't mean something that would be a long-term thing.  Just a quick in-game tutorial, something to get them over the hump of learning what to do, and maybe some starting eq and experience.

It would be funny if somewhere near the end of the tutorial, they were dumped into a thunderdome to fight it out.  Only this time, two men enter, and NO men leave.

Then when they die, the ringmaster can come over to them, take the starting equipment from them, and say "You passed your first lesson: Wasteland is harsh."

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:33:22 pm »

Yeah there should be any tutorial for noob or young players - cuz they leave game beetwen 2 - 3 deaths - because this is game for mature/adult players.!!!
but adult players don't have much time to play .:) This should be in sugestion but there should be an in - game tutorial how to get your first skin and some quest for tent and others.
h
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 05:43:10 pm »

I still say the tutorial should give them cool stuff... rifles and armor and grenades and stuff... then force them to die to teach them what happens every day here.

Just so there aren't any misunderstandings about what kind of game this is.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 06:13:20 pm »

jeoshua, you have an excellent point, build them up and bust them down as hard as you can.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 06:15:55 pm »

Dying develops character.  Thickens your skin.

I was SO pissed the first time I died in this game.  Now I just accept it and move on.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.