"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 10:20:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Imporve disassembling  (Read 5531 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Imporve disassembling
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:45 pm »

But then we lose all those going for the alternative method. Its not like unguarded mines are always full of players as it is. Further de-population would just weaken the concept.

That's because unguarded mines are mostly rather shooting ranges for BKs than battlegrounds.
There would be more visitors, if high minigun level could be defeated by strategic hiding skill - like with double entrances at Redding or Gecko, multiple mining spots, view obstructions for successful hiding, like trees, buildings at Redding or signs at Gecko, as well as less bottlenecks, like at Broken Hills with its sole ever-camped entrance.

You could ask players for more strategic nuances at mines, but that's a different topic.

As for the original topic, i can't imagine that the players would resort to more difficult and timeconsuming ways, which i proposed, just to avoid being lolslaughtered by minigunners camping the grid.
Otherwise i'd like to quote following:

The mice cried bitter tears, stung themselves, but couldn't withstand the delicious cactus
Re: Imporve disassembling
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 11:41:20 pm »

I just had the Perfect idea for disassembling items!

The devs have already stated that they don't want people to be able to get high quality materials from disassembling items, right? Well why should you give them?  Don't.  Instead of "Good Metal Parts", have the possible material given become just plain old "Metal Parts".  After all, they are used.

The exception to this, of course, should be Uranium.  Cause rads is rads.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.