"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:55:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Imporve disassembling  (Read 5549 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Imporve disassembling
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 01:25:19 pm »

Well, yes, before the wipe there was no such thing as high quality materials so there wouldn't be ;)

The system we have now is a strange mix of 2 versions that was never quite finished and now needs to be redone totally to reflect the crafting we have now.

Thanks for clarifying that. And what are the main problems at obtaining crafting materials from your point of view?
Is it just that the players want ONLY the high-tier gear?

Its always been intended to serve as an alternative/addition to gathering materials, but as I say, the todo list is long so we will have to wait and see when it gets fixed.

Why don't you publish the todo list (or a part of it) and see if the community can help with possible solutions? Concerning suggestions, it's always the player who wants something implemented - but how about otherwise?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:50:07 pm by Alvarez »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 01:34:43 pm »

Thanks for clarifying that. And what are the main problems at obtaining crafting materials from your point of view?
Is it just that the players want ONLY the high-tier gear?

Hm, I don't follow the question.

Why don't you publish the todo list (or a part of it) and see if the community can help with possible solutions? Concerning suggestions, it's always the player who wants something implemented - but how about otherwise?

When theres a specific issue that we need player input for we ask, like the new TC system. For most other things asking the players what they think would just make a long process even longer. They get their say when a system is done and ready for testing.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 01:35:54 pm »

also i think some weapons are bugged. For example i never get materials even from 0% shotgun or mauser with 180% science :/

Alvarez

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:14 pm »

Hm, I don't follow the question.

Asking your opinion about the difference between what you wanted and what you achieved with introducion of HQ materials for high-tier stuff.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 02:14:36 pm »

Ah, it was meant to create a place where players had to interact with other players whilst crafting. If that interaction was shooting them in the face with a minigun or forming co-operative parties to protect each other from PKs I didn't care.

The guarded stuff remained so that players had an easier alternative if they prefered it.

I think its worked reasonably well, should be extended next time.

Alvarez

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 02:40:20 pm »

Ah, it was meant to create a place where players had to interact with other players whilst crafting. If that interaction was shooting them in the face with a minigun or forming co-operative parties to protect each other from PKs I didn't care.

The guarded stuff remained so that players had an easier alternative if they prefered it.

I think its worked reasonably well, should be extended next time.

That means the stronger will get stronger, weak ones will RP moving targets, again and again, without getting a safe alternative.
Sounds like you did it out of spite for the playerbase.  ;D

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 02:45:11 pm »

I think most people would agree crafting is on the whole a lot easier now. The fact you have to risk a little bit in order to get the high quality stuf isnt that harsh a feature.

Alvarez

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 03:21:08 pm »

I think most people would agree crafting is on the whole a lot easier now. The fact you have to risk a little bit in order to get the high quality stuf isnt that harsh a feature.

Well i guess you right about easier crafting, compared to pre-wipe.
However, why are you so strict about the unguarded mines for being the ONLY way to get HQ materials? I mean, for equipping a faction with enough ammo will or course require a raid on a unguarded mine.
But a single player who don't want to get killed could spend more time by searching for a caravan to get two or three chunks of HQ minerals...and yet will be eventually convinced to risk a quick visit to Broken Hills.

It's only matter of choice - spending time (and risk their money) searching for a caravan with decent amount of mats or risk a visit to Gecko/Redding/Broken Hills - you will also have an excuse for those players moaning about BK at unguarded mines, like myself  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:24:23 pm by Alvarez »
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 03:22:28 pm »

Well, personally, i agree GATHERING is easyer and less time-consuming even if theres d00ds camping the HQ mines (havent had much problems with em), but the CRAFTING ITSELF (wich i find ridiculous) is epic'ly time-consuming. Even more than the gathering itself. All i mean with crafting is that stupid bum stading near workbench, taking books out of, pick materials off the ground, name what you want and ESPECIALLY the top crafting process. The retarded ''item''->''fix''->''done''->''item''->''fix''->''done''->''item''->''fix''->''done''-> cycle. You, Solar, probably will say ''ooh, yeah, thats so hardcore, few extra clicks'', but it aint so funny when you're about to craft 100 gunpowders of healing powders  :-\
I give a fuck.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:10 pm »

You, Solar, probably will say ''ooh, yeah, thats so hardcore, few extra clicks'', but it aint so funny when you're about to craft 100 gunpowders of healing powders 

No, I hate it. The reason I got into being a Dev here was because I was nosing around asking about the crafting system mpnths before the beta test started, so you can imagine that I'm a fan of crafting when I'm playing too.

That item->fix->done cycle is very annoying indeed.

However, why are you so strict about the unguarded mines for being the ONLY way to get HQ materials? I mean, for equipping a faction with enough ammo will or course require a raid on a unguarded mine.

Because the only thing that makes the system is the need for lots of people to go there. The fewer that visit, the less interaction. More interaction is a good thing.

Alvarez

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 09:44:42 pm »

Because the only thing that makes the system is the need for lots of people to go there. The fewer that visit, the less interaction. More interaction is a good thing.

You speak of interaction.

Do you speak of interaction, like trading mined HQ materials for ammo?
Before we slide into offtopic, so you won't even allow small, unprofitable alternatives to get HQ materials (like buying them from vendors or through disassembling expensive weapons), because you want the sole players suffer from the disadvantage of not being in the gang, thus encouraging them to join a faction, which supports him at mining.

Is that correct?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 10:13:43 pm »

I'm not certain exactly how it will work, but I see no problem will allowing the HQ materials used in crafting an item to be gained form it when disassembled.

I said the exact opposite earlier in the thread. Of course high tech stuff would be harder to come by when this is the case, right now you would just see an absolute flood of HQ materials from encounters.

But no, I don't see any reason why a new player should have easy access to high tech technology. There are ways to exist without crafting high tech technology and the option is always there to improve. I don't see why someone thats just signed up should have access to the same kind of things as people who are organised and have spent a long time on the game - be they gangs or loners. Theres nothing stopping them organising themselves in a similar fashion.

High tech stuff could do with becoming somewhat more precious on here, in my view. Not everyman and his dog should be walking round with tier 2+ stuff.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:31 pm »

I said the exact opposite earlier in the thread. Of course high tech stuff would be harder to come by when this is the case, right now you would just see an absolute flood of HQ materials from encounters.

But no, I don't see any reason why a new player should have easy access to high tech technology. There are ways to exist without crafting high tech technology and the option is always there to improve. I don't see why someone thats just signed up should have access to the same kind of things as people who are organised and have spent a long time on the game - be they gangs or loners. Theres nothing stopping them organising themselves in a similar fashion.

High tech stuff could do with becoming somewhat more precious on here, in my view. Not everyman and his dog should be walking round with tier 2+ stuff.
Where is my dogmeat dammit.....  But question, how would a dog be able to use any equipment of any kind? :/
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Alvarez

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:47:44 pm »

"Miniguns-for-everyone" is not intended. Everyone should spend some effort in the game, if they want the top gear, also agreed.

It's just the lack of alternative of sources for HQ mats and by alternatives i didn't meant EASY alternatives. Just different.
They should be more difficult than ordinary "get-ore-or-die-tryin" method, see above.
Facing the difficulties, like high-tier PvE, irradiating, high cost or other extreme time-/ effortconsuming method, the player will most surely decide to go to the unguarded mine, if he wants to get enough ore, instead of a small adventure.
Or gather a team around him in some kind of repeatable quest.

Player interaction, in a positive way.

So why do i suggest this at all, if i don't want the ease at mining, Solar?

I wish for an alternative for players who don't want to get humiliated constantly by BKs.
Even though BKs will still get their meat at unguarded mines to not to venture for fresh victims into other cities. (they do it anyway)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 11:18:24 pm »

But then we lose all those going for the alternative method. Its not like unguarded mines are always full of players as it is. Further de-population would just weaken the concept.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 23 queries.