"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 06:13:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Imporve disassembling  (Read 5489 times)

Imporve disassembling
« on: June 13, 2010, 08:36:45 pm »

I think if disassembling was a little more reliable, especially for low tier weapons, we might not have 500 shotguns at every trader. I have a 120% science, I know it could be better, but I might get A metal part from a shotgun or hunting rifle, but rarely and only that. If we got more out of it people might actually use disassemble and our traders might have a little more space for everything else.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Imporve disassembling
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:26:16 pm »

Its on the long todo list.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:55:27 am »

Its on the long todo list.

Does this include letting HQ mats be obtained from Science?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:07:46 am »

Does this include letting HQ mats be obtained from Science?

Actually, that would prevent spamming the vendors up with items, because they would be BOUGHT with CAPS to disassemble them. Talking about the trading system, Solar, right now the traders are just the sink for items and a cap source.

If the disassembly chance is capped is 50/50 at 100%Science (to prevent 300% Science alts), so there will be still action at unguarded mines and a lot of people will have a chance to get an occasional good metal part without getting humiliated - they just have to fill the vendor with some caps.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:41:04 am »

Actually, that would prevent spamming the vendors up with items, because they would be BOUGHT with CAPS to disassemble them. Talking about the trading system, Solar, right now the traders are just the sink for items and a cap source.

If the disassembly chance is capped is 50/50 at 100%Science (to prevent 300% Science alts), so there will be still action at unguarded mines and a lot of people will have a chance to get an occasional good metal part without getting humiliated - they just have to fill the vendor with some caps.
Actually thats genius. It would be awesome to obtain HQ stuff from high-tier items. And i kinda lol'd @ ''action'' in unguarded mines. You mean the endless blood/gutfest of miner slaughter?
I give a fuck.

Alvarez

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 10:58:15 am »

You mean the endless blood/gutfest of miner slaughter?

Yes, because it can't be considered PvP. And thanks for the compliment.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:59:49 am by Alvarez »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 11:09:49 am »

Of course it is a change for good, Id like to see some max cap at the chance of disassembling so as not to create alts... seriously no one seriously playing a game would have science high enough to normally play with his main character...
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 12:23:10 pm »

thats... an awesome idea! This is what we need!

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »

Well, and what if they will sell their shit stuff? We wont be able to buy anything good... We dont need only caps we need things to buy as well
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 01:11:51 pm »

I'm not certain exactly how it will work, but I see no problem will allowing the HQ materials used in crafting an item to be gained form it when disassembled. Of course you wouldn't be getting back 100% of these materials anyway.

Talking about the trading system, Solar, right now the traders are just the sink for items and a cap source.

It may susrprise you, but this isn't actually true. Traders buy and sell an increadible amount of things already.

Alvarez

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 01:58:56 pm »

I'm not certain exactly how it will work, but I see no problem will allowing the HQ materials used in crafting an item to be gained form it when disassembled. Of course you wouldn't be getting back 100% of these materials anyway.

That's nice to hear. Also, it wasn't intended to be a total recycling - otherwise the gangs won't even sell their stuff, as Kraskish pointed out. A possible solution to this problem would be deteroriating the price of the weapon until it undergo the cost of a good metal part - then you would need a supertool kit to repair it to the disassembling value.
As i noticed, the supertool kit is deteroriating as well or has some kind of "ammo" until it vanishes.

So the dilemma will be: should we waste a part of the supertool to get a chance to get a HQ part, repair it better completely OR sell this almost broken bazooka for some caps at the vendor, so some player can buy it later?

It may susrprise you, but this isn't actually true. Traders buy and sell an increadible amount of things already.

That would depend on demand. And most demanded things, like caps and ammo requiring HQ gunpowder are deficit, while it's not a problem to trade some crafted ammo for a used minigun. That's the point - nobody wants the junk weapon, if one can craft it and that's why the vendors are full of sold crap (sometimes literally). A possible HQ/electronic part would rise the interest and disburden vendor inventories from all that broken Assault Rifles and radios - i'm sure that was Xanister' intention.

Tribute goes to Xanister and Dishonest Abe, i merely developed their ideas further.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:01:07 pm by Alvarez »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 06:02:04 pm »

I think I might have missed something here, is there something other than updating dismantling from last wipes version to reflect the new recipes?  :-\

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 06:09:47 pm »

I think I might have missed something here, is there something other than updating dismantling from last wipes version to reflect the new recipes?  :-\

Well, you have only low quality mat, but before wipe you could obtain an interesting amount with enough science, ATM even with lot of science, you don't obtain enough material, and only low quality.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 06:18:53 pm »

Well, yes, before the wipe there was no such thing as high quality materials so there wouldn't be ;)

The system we have now is a strange mix of 2 versions that was never quite finished and now needs to be redone totally to reflect the crafting we have now.

Its always been intended to serve as an alternative/addition to gathering materials, but as I say, the todo list is long so we will have to wait and see when it gets fixed.
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 07:42:13 pm »

I think it would be a good idea to pump-up a little this sugestion with the idea that detoriatated items that were sold to vendors, would regenerate their detoriation level with time. (vendors could do some fixing in their free time or so to speak :P)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.