"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 06:10:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ideas for bounty board  (Read 2249 times)

Ideas for bounty board
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:12:35 pm »

I had a few ideas of how to make the bounty board work:

1.  When a bounty hunter takes the dog tags off a target, the target re spawns in jail. He will be stuck in jail for a time depending on how much was paid for the bounty. The minimum amount for a bounty should be raised. This might stop some people from having their friends kill them and collect the bounty.

2.  When dog tags are collected the target loses a level. This I am sure will piss a lot of people off but should stop the same problem.

3.  Make bounty hunters a join-able faction, and only members of the faction could collect bounties.  This would work in unison with both the above suggestions.

any more thoughts or ideas?
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Ideas for bounty board
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:13:49 pm »

Losing a lvl is too harsh, and doesn't make any sense.  The other two suggestions sound good to me though.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:52 pm »

Not possible with actual caps system (Big gangs are millionaires).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:38:59 pm »

Not possible with actual caps system (Big gangs are millionaires).
Then set a maximum bounty amount?  Not realistic but would solve problem.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45:48 pm »

Losing a lvl is too harsh, and doesn't make any sense.  

getting xp isnt harsh. loosing xp isn´t harsh.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:52:13 pm by John.Metzger »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:48:14 pm »

Then set a maximum bounty amount?  Not realistic but would solve problem.

What do you mean ? On a character or per character ? Players will create alts to place bounties on other players' heads, or they will just place bounty on everyone if they can't place more than one bouty on one enemy. If you mean "maximym bounty amount for all server" (50 bounties at a time, when one is completed, you can place another one), then it can also be broken by placing bounties on unplayed characters to make sure no one will ever place a bounty anymore.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:24:43 pm »

What do you mean ? On a character or per character ? Players will create alts to place bounties on other players' heads, or they will just place bounty on everyone if they can't place more than one bouty on one enemy. If you mean "maximym bounty amount for all server" (50 bounties at a time, when one is completed, you can place another one), then it can also be broken by placing bounties on unplayed characters to make sure no one will ever place a bounty anymore.

I mean lets say minimum bounty placeable is 5k

then the maximum is 30k.

each cap is half a second.

30000 divided by 2 = 15000

15000 divided by 60 = 25 minutes in jail.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:31:00 pm »

Player A killed player B.
Player B told that to his faction - ''Faction B''.
Faction B of 30 members, each set bounty on player A.
Player A is ruined and cant be played anymore.
2nd scenario:
Player A manages to be patient enough and goes trough all the bounties.
Faction B sets new bounties...
3rd scenario:
Limited ammount of bounties set by a player.
Faction B creates 20 alts and sets 20 bounties on player A.
Fucking ridiculous and retarded idea. Especially about loosing level. Bounty system cant work in a game like this. Live with it.
I give a fuck.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:26 pm »

Player A killed player B.
Player B told that to his faction - ''Faction B''.
Faction B of 30 members, each set bounty on player A.
Player A is ruined and cant be played anymore.
2nd scenario:
Player A manages to be patient enough and goes trough all the bounties.
Faction B sets new bounties...
3rd scenario:
Limited ammount of bounties set by a player.
Faction B creates 20 alts and sets 20 bounties on player A.
Fucking ridiculous and retarded idea. Especially about loosing level. Bounty system cant work in a game like this. Live with it.

If my added suggestion was implemented it wouldnt be THAT bad for one and two maybe only one bounty for each person at a time, and three they still have to hunt the bastard down over and over again every time.

Also if Bounty Faction was added only they could cause the effect of being put in jail and taking the reward so...
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:55 pm »

And if one person gets pissed at someone is a whole gang really gonna invest hundreds of thousands of caps just to inconvenience someone.  One person throws some caps down to get revenge on one person seems much more likely. 
And I agree
getting xp isnt harsh. loosing xp isn´t harsh.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:59:56 pm »

And if one person gets pissed at someone is a whole gang really gonna invest hundreds of thousands of caps just to inconvenience someone.  One person throws some caps down to get revenge on one person seems much more likely. 
And I agree
BUT IT COULD BE ABUSED!

Ok some fool picked the wrong perk and now he asks his gang buddies to constantly place bounties on him and kill him till he is low enough lvl to have to retake the perk on next level.  Abuseable no?
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 10:01:53 pm »

BUT IT COULD BE ABUSED!

Ok some fool picked the wrong perk and now he asks his gang buddies to constantly place bounties on him and kill him till he is low enough lvl to have to retake the perk on next level.  Abuseable no?
You may not lose levels, losing XP doesn't means losing levels.
You can be 0/3000 XP and 2nd level, simply to get 3rd level now you need to get 3k XP. Losing XP will only make you slower progress to next level, not lose levels.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 10:24:03 pm »

You can already do this in0game.  What it needs is a place you can actually post messages.  Then if you really want someone dead you can post flyers or whatever and say "Wanted: Noob_Ass_Cracker.  $10,000 reward, alive or dead".

Then the question is, do people trust your word enough to come through and hunt the guy down?
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 10:25:56 pm »

You may not lose levels, losing XP doesn't means losing levels.
You can be 0/3000 XP and 2nd level, simply to get 3rd level now you need to get 3k XP. Losing XP will only make you slower progress to next level, not lose levels.
But that could be abused to.  You'd be able to greif newbies to the utter extreme to almost impossible to play that way.
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 10:31:48 pm »

Then the question is, do people trust your word enough to come through and hunt the guy down?
And it can do your friend, make a lot screenshots from every direction with smiles before kill and then take alot caps by saying you killed him whole day.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 21 queries.