"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 10:31:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Town Boards  (Read 1433 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Town Boards
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:55 am »

The major towns could really use some kind of bulletin boards. Even the sandwich boards that do absolutely nothing could work. When you use the board, it initiates a dialogue:

1. Events - Any upcoming events (either in the town or in the world) could be announced by GMs

2. Recent Bounties - If this function does actually get any use, the last 5 bounties or so could be shown (or up to 5 if there are less) and who to talk to about hunting them or setting a bounty.

3. Trade Offers - For a certain price, one can find an NPC to post a trade offer. This would have to be limited to 5 or so posts, and they expire after a few days. This could be something like
           Player x - Selling .223 for y caps per 100 pieces

4.  Quests - As a way to introduce quests, there can be a list of available ones in town, pointing to the person and their job (Balthas the tanner, Buster the gunseller, etc.) to point people in the right direction. Maybe even easy quests that are limited to x number of people (that you accept at the board so it's like the flyers people put up with the strips of paper at the bottom that you take) and cycle over a period of time (Buster needs radios, Lilly needs tools, Dr. Fung needs xander/broc/scorpion tails) to effectively remove the waste in trader inventories.

There are probably more options like faction announcements (reigning faction's policy on PKing in town and maybe even in the mines), thief alerts (set after x number of failed stealing attempts), and other things I can't think of right now.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:24:35 am by Gunduz »
Re: Town Boards
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:51:25 am »

I like this. It would be a standart stop for many players to check what is going on in the town lately.
Defiently a yes from me.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:11:00 am »

Bounties are broken right now, but yeah, fine idea. Especially the trading one.
I give a fuck.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:41:16 pm »

Of course Im all for this

Why no one ever suggested that before?? Briliant!

Except for bounties, these could be exchanged to thieves (based on unsuccessful attempts) or PKs in the area
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:50:23 pm »

Great idea! I think the developers are trying to promote a lot of player interaction and I think this would help with that.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:40:03 pm »

Yes.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »

I like it all in general, it'll also give the game a tad more realism  ::).
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:44 pm »

+1 For great justice!
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.