"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 04:30:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is there a point where this game becomes fun?  (Read 3903 times)

Is there a point where this game becomes fun?
« on: June 13, 2010, 02:49:27 am »

Serious question because after two days of shoveling shit and crafting items in a clunky interface that really should have stayed in 1997 I'm just wondering if it ever gets any better? I mean, I really want to like this game because I loved fallout and all but is there anything more to this game than a gigantic boring grind?

And before a mod puts this thread in the General Game Discussion forum I would just like to point out that my character will not be able to progress any further unless there is a good answer to this question.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:52:43 am by Matlock »
Re: Is there a point where this game becomes fun?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:33:40 am »

Shit shoveling is bad option for cash, if you have 40% first aid you can go to field and gather herbs to make into powders.
With one cooldown run you can get 9 powders 40 caps each.
Or then if you have 40 science you can mine ore with sledgehammer, turn them into metal parts and sell for 120 caps each.
With around 79 carryweight you can get 18 ores (9 metal parts) in one run.

Also the game does get decently fun when you get bit better gear, and if they find out whats wrong with human npcs such as raiders.
You just need to be able to stand against some more enemies and maybe the random pkers who arent too organized and its
decently enjoyable, however its still not fallout 2 enjoyable...but for mmo its nice.

*edit* the ore works even without metal parts crafting, they just weight a lot and are worth about 30 caps each.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:56:34 am »

You need to learn how the game works before it becomes fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 12:01:00 pm »

*edit* the ore works even without metal parts crafting, they just weight a lot and are worth about 30 caps each.

Better go for minerals.
With the same 40% science you can make it into gunpowder.
Minerals weigh less, so you can take more.
1 mineral turns into 1 gunpowder.
Gunpowder sells for 60.

iiitachiii

• Sorry Sir, may I snipe ur ass?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:24:04 pm »

You need to learn how the game works before it becomes fun.

QFT.

This should be the frist thing everyone should learn before starting to play FOnline.

Don't fuck with Brahmins.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 10:37:47 pm »

QFT.

This should be the frist thing everyone should learn before starting to play FOnline.
That includes you too...
I give a fuck.

iiitachiii

• Sorry Sir, may I snipe ur ass?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 11:11:02 pm »

That includes you too...

Why you say that?

I enjoy the game.

Don't fuck with Brahmins.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 11:15:38 pm »

I think the game becomes fun when you're the one with the minigun blasting poor bastards trying to scrape some roots together just because you know his build is probably terrible and should be aborted.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »

I personally like the part when you first start to play and you are against impossible odds. Once it gets easy, it gets boring.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 11:23:38 pm »

I personally like the part when you first start to play and you are against impossible odds. Once it gets easy, it gets boring.

Thats with every game ever created, don't bring back such awful memories..
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »

yea the wipes are the most interesting imo, that includes the days leading to the wipe,final days of the wipe,wipe day,and then the few days or weeks when everybody is starting fresh. yo want fun? First decide good or evil? The solo or non-solo.Both are doable and lead to many neat things.
I would like my enlcave skin please :D

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 04:49:23 am »

Why you say that?

I enjoy the game.

cause hes such a troll he should live under a bridge.
plasma nade your face off!

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 04:59:40 am »

cause hes such a troll he should live under a bridge.

aren't all forum heroes lives under a bridge with their notebook's?
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 06:23:23 pm »

I'm having a blast. Have not played long-- but like it so far. Even when somene steals from me I just shrug it off and go back to work. Fact it, if Fallout were a real setting people would beat you down for your stuff any chance they get or simply steal it from you. Sure, it can be annoying when the same person kills you or steals from you several times in a roll-- just remember there are more towns than one to go to.

I've seen a lot of people just hanging out in NCR begging for free stuff-- come back hours later and they are still their begging while I've been off earning caps. I think it is clear this game is not for those who beg and whine. You'd be better off helping someone if you want a hand out. One guy gave me metal armor just because I found him on the ground almost dead and healed him so he could get up. Sure, I could have let him die and took his stuff-- but then he would probably hunt me down every chance he gets.  So be tactful.

The most I can offer-- as I've not played long and don't know the ropes yet-- you should spend your time crafting in order to trade for better stuff or caps. Make sure to have a bank account! Don't rant about how stupid cleaning up crap is-- just do it. Chances are most of the people you see had to spend time doing that at one point or the other unless they already had ingame friends to help them.

Thats all I can think of.
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 05:41:20 pm »

*Powers up Balhatain*

Oh and about the tips on what you should start out doing first thing to make the caps you need to get off to a good start. I agree with the minerals suggestion but add the next step. Make 10mm or shotgun shells [no profession required and earns 100xp per]. With only 2 charisma I am able to sell them for max [9 caps ea] to one of the merchants [I wont say who for obvious reasons]. You craft 50 shells at a time using 6 minerals and 1 metal part. My first hour of playing I had a tent simply from mining one time [12 minerals and 2 ores] crafting 100 shells, selling them for 900 caps and shoveling some shit for the rest of the money, then I banked the money, stood in NCR and offered to buy 10 hides for 1k caps. Within minutes someone offered to sell them and now I have my tent! So simple.

For some reason though this merchant stopped trading with me now all of a sudden, not sure why. When I choose barter it just closes the dialog window completely. Maybe I exploited her too much? *shrugs* Oh well, point is there are always great opportunities lurking about, you just have to keep your eye out for them and think outside the box sometimes. That is part of the fun for me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:54:24 pm by Dixie »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.