"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 08:06:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ModDB awards 2009 - Vote for FOnline in Phase 2  (Read 9408 times)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
ModDB awards 2009 - Vote for FOnline in Phase 2
« on: January 06, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

After passing the initial voting phase, FOnline: 2238 has reached the second voting phase and is competing with other famous indie titles for the title "The Best Indie Game of 2009". We are currently among the Top 100 Mods and Indie games. As always, we count on your support and hope that the word about FOnline: 2238 will be spread throughout the cyber-space in the time to come.

Feel free to visit the ModDB website again and vote for FOnline: 2238 - just click on "Indie Games" in the TOP 100 BEST RELEASED MODS & INDIES and confirm your vote once you see the name. The 2nd voting phase has started!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:13:34 am by Lexx »
Re: ModDB awards 2009 - Vote for FOnline in Phase 2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:29:58 am »

Currently too many issues
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:40:05 am »

too many issues i think, i could forgive the server crashes as its hard technically but making a way for people to stop being killed by gangs at low levels is in every mmo ive ever played and even if it isnt there are gm's to help. its a must for an mmo, this game would be awsome and full of people all voting for you if it was a fun game, the murdering gangs have ruined it for the game and you
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:52:51 am by artydam »
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:25:10 am »

too many issues i think, i could forgive the server crashes as its hard technically but making a way for people to stop being killed by gangs at low levels is in every mmo ive ever played and even if it isnt there are gm's to help. its a must for an mmo, this game would be awsome and full of people all voting for you if it was a fun game, the murdering gangs have ruined it for the game and you

The risk of getting your head blown off is the only thing that makes shoveling shit, or any other new-player activity tolerable.

Whether the game is fun or not is completely subjective, and thus "fun" cannot be quantified. For you to say "if it was a fun game" is ignorant, as you cannot speak for others.

Also, there are no "musts" in a mmo, that's an illusion that just stifles creative and innovative game-play.

This game is incredibly far from "ruined". In my eyes, even in Beta  it is something absolutely amazing, with every indication that it will only be getting better, not worse, and definitely not stagnating.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:17:17 pm »

Oh come on. The wastelands are cruel. One thing it should be easier and faster to get your basic equipment up after dieing, that would be good. Another is to prevent PK. That would be bad. If only high outdoorsman would prevent people from "spawning" on your map where you fight radscorpions and shooting you to smitherins.

I voted and I hope it'll bring more people to play.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »

simply a game requires protection for new people or it limits the amount of people that play no games developer would willingly deter new players so they put in guidlines which is apparent on all mmo's to protect them and keep the community thriving, all im saying is there are tried and tested methods accross all mmo's not exactly the same in every one, that work. on the point about speaking for everyone, i take it back i agree i cannot speak for everyone i just love fallout and want this mmo to thrive, but to do that you need to protect the new people. i didnt mean the machanics should follow templates left by other mmos, just have some kind of protection, in no way did i say there is a spacific machanic you need to put in to fix this problem in that instance you are the ignorant one.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 08:38:36 pm »

@ artydam But the wasteland is harsh! But it has unique climate also. Devs and GM's are working on the game to make it functional. Everybody here was new. Everybody got shot in the eyes. Somebody left. Many stayed and are with us now. IMO the factions should protect newbies - old factions recruiting fresh blood, new factions formed from new players, factions-babysitters also. Also, you can join enclave or raiders and on their land you are protected most of the time by NPC-s and other neutral-faction players. Let the FO be original.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:16 pm »

Will you guys stop crying and support the game? I don't agree with every descision yet I voted. It's beta, guys, don't expect full bug-less perfect game.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 07:56:08 am »

Will you guys stop crying and support the game? I don't agree with every descision yet I voted. It's beta, guys, don't expect full bug-less perfect game.

agree this game have problems,bugz and is damn cruel for new players but also is fokin amazing and i recommended Fonline my friends and we voted ;)
Well who you think im after now, bitch? Run, mother  f*cka, run...
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 08:39:27 am »

The game is fun and it will probably (hopefully) be polished to near perfection.. But the awards are  for 2009.. Fallout Online is (in my opinion) not worthy of being voted for in 2009. Maybe in 2010.

It being a beta  isnt an excuse. First off some of the current problems are absolutely ridiculous and are things that you should only see in a pre alpha. Second thats why it isnt ready for the award in 2009.. Im working on a game now too... it has inbuilt physics and a debug mode. Please vote for it as game of the year :P

Im not criticizing this as much as it may seem.. Forum is awful for explaining these things because it always comes across so haughty unless u add alot of fancy language which is beneath me :P

In fact i really like this and have recommended it to many people on multiple forums.. But im not playing it now because it SUCKS when u have a VERY difficult time leveling and then its all for waste because of some stupid ass reputation bull (for example)

So what im saying is: Potential to be an awesome fucking game and keep up the work (hopefully making the correct decisions)  but currently the game needs alot of work (and there ARE other games/mods out there that deserve a vote u know :P )

If any fanboys want to criticize this post despite me complimenting the game... ok.. your funny. If the mods/Devs dont like it... Again just explaining why i wont vote for it. If you dont want to hear it... Then you should have locked the thread :P

Seriously though i have high hopes for this and just hope things turn out awesome :)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 09:31:03 am »

The awards are for "best released in 2009" and not "best released in 2010". So it wouldn't be possible to vote for us next year, because the public release was 2009.

Also we have enough debug tools, still this can't fix all problems in games.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:33:21 am by Lexx »
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 12:48:16 am »

Sorry i completely missed that. Heh in that case it kinda makes it harder for you because you have to beta test (more so then other games i would think) for everything to work correctly :P
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 05:48:24 am »

In my experience most mmos are all about the money, the bottom line, like any big business. So naturally they cater to the first time player, trying everything they can to lure, to entice, to attract more potential paying customers. They do a lot of hand holding, they have a shitload of rules to protect all the lil kiddies who want to play [with their parents money], and these mmos also enforce censorship to keep their G-rating so that all the mommies and daddies will keep paying for their kid's subscription.

I myself am a parent now. I've been playing mmos and rpgs since the first mmos and crpgs came out when i was a kid. And the games I played as a kid were far less forgiving than todays games. Nobody held my hand or made it easy to figure stuff out. Wasteland and later Fallout were my favorite CRPGs of the dozens I've played. And wasteland was one of the most challenging CRPGs of its time. Still is perhaps compared to the dumbed down stuff the major game makers sell these days.

I think there should be games for us adults who grew up playing games and don't want to stop playing just because we have responsibilities now. On most mmos when players find out how old I am I often get responses like "get a life" or something along those lines. When they grow up they aren't going to just stop loving the games they grew up playing and they are also going to want to play the new stuff that comes out when they are older. Generation Z will look at generation y and tell them to "get a life" lol. So my generation X ass just laughs and keeps playing. [i think they're just jealous because my generation has the cooler name, lol]

But anyway, my point is I love this MMO primarily for two reasons. One it is a classic game from my youth [actually I was in my 20's when the first Fallout hit the shelves] and I never stopped playing it all these years. Two this is not the G-rated hand-holding little kids game of most mainstream MMOs, this one is for adults. For seasoned veteran gamers looking for a REAL challenge, and not ass-kissing candyland shit.

Also this is not a classic fantasy setting where the good guys always win and heroes travel the world with ease via faery-rings and magic-trees, life in the wasteland is pure stark cold in your face reality, no political correctness, no equality, no God of peace and love watching over His sheeple, no American Dream, no UN world police, no world superpowers enforcing global law and order, or as the original punk bands of my generation lamented "NO FUTURE". The wasteland is all about Nietzsche and Darwin, Jack London, Robert E. Howard [the way I always thought fantasy should have been but was ruined by the childlike Harry Potter style garbage that passes for fantasy].

See you in my crosshairs ;)
**steps down from soapbox**
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:53:44 am by Tennessee »

Elvis

• Blue Suede Shoes!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 06:18:26 am »

I voted. thanks. game works well, I think
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 10:22:25 pm »

This game has too many issues to even play. As others said, it's practically impossible to play without getting killed by other gangs. I just spawn for the first time and I get killed by two hard asses, and I'm too low of level to even defend myself. When I die I then spawn in the middle of no-where, in which I try to come back to the starting town, then I get killed by Random Encounters on my way back. You'll get my vote if you can fix most of this.
"Never will I be welcomed amongst the heartless monsters you surround yourself with, feeding off the pain and misfortune of others..." - DISTURBED
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 23 queries.