"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 11:33:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hammer Time! rookie miner's manual  (Read 32616 times)

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
Re: Hammer Time! rookie miner's manual
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:06 pm »

oh good, i havent found out were the chemical mats are yet :D

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 03:09:25 pm »

Umm... How about you add that you need to kill some rats/pig-rats before entering Redding mine. (At the first time I was like - Alright! It's safe for now, now, wheres the mine, I guess over there. Yup, that should be the entrance. Woah, wtf! Im ambushed by rats *dies* :( )
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 04:32:57 pm »

Umm... How about you add that you need to kill some rats/pig-rats before entering Redding mine. (At the first time I was like - Alright! It's safe for now, now, wheres the mine, I guess over there. Yup, that should be the entrance. Woah, wtf! Im ambushed by rats *dies* :( )
There is another entrance to Redding mine, I put it here - elevator in a building next to graveyard.
But thanks, I will update it.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Haraldx

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 05:39:44 pm »

The last time I tried using it, it just didn't do totaly anything.... Oh well, gonna try it again. And I see that you have finaly made it to broken hills without dying. Last time I was there, I couldn't get even 1 hex away from spawn location.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 05:53:47 pm »

Broken Hills has a large mine, my HP's ran out before I could check every rock pile there. Strange, no? :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 08:11:48 pm »

and chemical compounds. Thanks, will update ASAP.
Dont update it wrong, its chemical compoNENTs.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 08:30:07 pm »

Oh, well, first post...  ;D

Today I was gathering some fruits for fuel, and I noticed funny thing about yellow plant. I gathered stuff from first, went to another one to gather from it. I was checking something on fonline wiki, it took about 5 minutes or so. Then first plant just growed before my eyes when I switched to game window =D I dunno if this was a glitch, I will test it more while gathering some time in future.

EDIT:
Yeah, they really do re-grow ;D
Proof:

Already grabbed one:

Second:

And here they are back =D

So just sit in one place and fill your 'backpack' with fruits =D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:05:12 am by JakeTiDe »

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 02:16:09 am »

Oh, well, first post...  ;D

Today I was gathering some fruits for fuel, and I noticed funny thing about yellow plant. I gathered stuff from first, went to another one to gather from it. I was checking something on fonline wiki, it took about 5 minutes or so. Then first plant just growed before my eyes when I switched to game window =D I dunno if this was a glitch, I will test it more while gathering some time in future.

EDIT:
Yeah, they really do re-grow ;D
Proof:

Already grabbed one:

Second:

And here they are back =D

So just sit in one place and fill your 'backpack' with fruits =D

Same thing with regrowing trees, I mean really fast regrrowing trees :]
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 02:31:46 am »

Same thing with regrowing trees, I mean really fast regrrowing trees :]
mutant trees ftw :)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 11:23:52 pm »

Thanks for the manuals!

By the way, i found a way to stress-free HQ mining.

First thing i had to realise: i have nothing to lose:
1. I don't need to heal myself, except i want XP for healing.
2. I don't need to stuff my inventory with HQ mats, because i can lose them all and have to wait, what is frustrating.
I take only a single chunk of ore and the cooldown ticks away, while i transport it to my tent.
3. I don't need a sledgehammer. A primitive tool suffices - it's not a worth losing, also, when you repair it, you get XP.
4. As long as i have nothing, i'm invincible to PKs, because they want to humiliate me by robbing my stuff.
5. I control them, when i don't mine. They will get nothing, just kill me and walk away frustrated, because their plan to convince me, that they "defend" me, will fail. In the meantime, i can either conversate or taunt them.
6. When i die, i can heal myself with a weak powder or i can use my doc to get XP.
7. There's always time to talk to the local gang, because you have nothing to lose. Maybe they turn out to be nice people.
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 11:17:28 pm »

and put your tent next to a HQ mining town, then log in on times when most of the world is asleep :P

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 09:38:49 pm »

and put your tent next to a HQ mining town, then log in on times when most of the world is asleep :P

It's not strictly necessary to mine at night, but yes, i have a mining tent and dig shitloads of HQ, while being killed only every 5 time and losing merely a piece of ore and a primitive tool.

Boradam

• I'm pretty bored.
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 04:46:41 pm »

From what i see, 2PM central is the safest time to HQ mine in BH.

Haraldx

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 05:43:11 pm »

I have to say, the Redding mine is the most safe. All you have to do is just use preview before entering Redding, I also found out that people never guard the south entrance and the entrance to mine in case someone got in.
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 09:56:06 pm »

So you are saying that im  "too lame for regular PvP" and  "too narrow-minded to find another entertainment" ?  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 17 queries.