"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:54:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Town Control [ discussion + sugestions ]  (Read 10344 times)

Re: Town Control [ discussion + sugestions ]
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

Seriously, dudes, your suggestions are full of mistakes. For example:What about trolls who will just pay for protection and come to the town to say you're a dick? :) As I said, controlling faction's members should be allowed to kill anyone they want. If they kill "protected" guy, they won't get caps he paid, simple. I suggested 500, but it can be more, as more caps will surely discourage players from killing protected players. But still I am aware that lots of players will say "WHOA 500 CAPS FOR FEW HOURS ? THAT'S TOO MUCH!"
So, I'm paying you 500 caps, coming to your town.
Then meet you there and saying "You're a moron!", so what? Am I so dangerous? If I will try to do something bad, I'll have penalty to reputation, and can't visit this place for a long time, not good for me.
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 06:36:22 pm »

I don't see that the controlling faction members will care about not getting 500 caps, they would kill people and easily get that much back from loot

Mars Sultan

• Mandingo
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 06:37:35 pm »

I'd pay to use the mines/workbench in Broken Hills unmolested. Who knows, maybe I could chat with the faction members about boys or this year's fashions or something.
Igor Dolvich, Mars Ulrich, Girth Gamer, HOOPWISE98, Bobby Kotick

ARWH. Scummers.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 06:42:35 pm »

I don't see that the controlling faction members will care about not getting 500 caps, they would kill people and easily get that much back from loot

What loot? A sledgehammer? Please.

People buy protection -> go to a town -> get killed there and lose some loot and HQ ore, let's say. They won't come back there, they will pick up another town instead, controlled by a faction that doesn't kill protected dudes. You can check controlling faction in pipboy. People don't come back = no loot and no caps.

People come back when a particular faction is controlling a town = more profit for a faction -> no reason to kill protected players.

In the long term, factions which don't kill protected players will profit much more than those killing everything on sight.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 06:52:17 pm »

What loot? A sledgehammer? Please.

People buy protection -> go to a town -> get killed there and lose some loot and HQ ore, let's say. They won't come back there, they will pick up another town instead, controlled by a faction that doesn't kill protected dudes. You can check controlling faction in pipboy. People don't come back = no loot and no caps.

People come back when a particular faction is controlling a town = more profit for a faction -> no reason to kill protected players.

In the long term, factions which don't kill protected players will profit much more than those killing everything on sight.

Not really, you could get more money killing everyone on site, eventually they my be people with better gear who will be shot. Also I don't think they care about 500 caps money when miners carry more than this worth in one trip.

If people don't come back well the faction has less competition for mining etc.

Losing out on 500caps is no way a substantial deterrant.
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »

Then make it 1000. Or 2000. Last time, Izual said 100 was a big ammount :)
Also... what competition for mining? Is there anything like that?

Anyway. You think it's not worth of it - don't pay. I'm sure that a lot of players will find this feature useful.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 07:31:21 pm »

That's why i saying in 3rd time: They (faction members) will lose reputation at this town. Of couse it'll be permanently, with - ~100 per day, but they will have alot penalty per kill. If protected player do something stupid he'll not be protected anymore and get even more reputation penalty.
So, you're faction member, burst poor bluesuiter to take his sledgehammer, do it again some time, and your faction will be wiped out from this town. Do it atleast once, and you'll get small ammout of caps for this "protection". Do it a lot, but not enough to lose control and you'll simply don't get any caps for you protection.
You're protected player. You did something bad. Attacked someone/tryed to steal/blocking way/etc. you'll get really big reputation penalty and can't be protected and you'll be shot on sight very long time, may be in few weeks (real time) you can enter this town again and punch someone, after that you'll be instantly killed again and you'll need to wait another week to repeat this.
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 07:41:54 pm »

Then make it 1000. Or 2000. Last time, Izual said 100 was a big ammount :)
Also... what competition for mining? Is there anything like that?

Anyway. You think it's not worth of it - don't pay. I'm sure that a lot of players will find this feature useful.

Hmm how about player loses caps and reputation for killing protected player? that seems fair.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:17 pm »

kilgore you call town taking good when noone is fighting? and everyone just take towns when they have their enemies highly outnumbered.

And militia is not a bad thing, but i would still like it being replaced by somekinda mayors crew, when you take town mayors says his budies already protecting him, you say they arent worth shit, you fight defeat them and town taking starts. It ends mayors budies respawn and serve as mayors crew once again just they are loyal for town controling gang.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:19:15 pm by vedaras »

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:52 pm »

And militia is not a bad thing, but i would still like it being replaced by somekinda mayors crew, when you take town mayors says his budies already protecting him, you say they arent worth shit, you fight defeat them and town taking starts. It ends mayors budies respawn and serve as mayors crew once again just they are loyal for town controling gang.

This shows you didn't test it at all. Because this is exactly how it currently works, replace "mayors crew" with militia.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »

Really useless to pay 30k caps for this poor militia

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

at this time we are able to protect brokenhills for all day long, even with this nerfed militia (80-90hp) and for what ? after then we goes sleep , canadian cajuns or other crews can easly kill our militia and retake city without any problems.. even with 3 people , becouse militas AI really sucks :) - i know that works on both sides, sometimes we have some night players and they can do same thing to cajuns.

so we have here 3 major problems :
- weak militia
- night capturing cities, when other players sleeps
- bluesuit city takers

solution ? time control window again ? form 11am to 2am ? ( sorry but 90% of guys  who playing TC are form europe time zones )like NightBird sugested before - some kind of gear check can works against bluesuit taker

Sound really bad for me, many people play at "night" time, and we have fun, because I am Canadian I will not able to be a part of TC? That sick....

I thing you have many good idea maszrum, but we can find another idea than "control window".  And I don’t understand why you want to keep control of city for a long time… If you make a huge fortress in BH (with npc etc..), Cajuns make the same in Redding, West Necro in Klamath, Red Dot in Gecko, Vsb in Modoc etc… what will happen after? It will be the end of the North crusade and we will start making economic alliance?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:20:55 pm by LeMark »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:23 pm »

This shows you didn't test it at all. Because this is exactly how it currently works, replace "mayors crew" with militia.

but there is one  big difference, you wont have to drop away your money for protection which is useless. Thats my suggestion point. And crew should stand in mayors room, like was prewipe in redding, so they could make somekinda "strenght test" (and this time really do some damage instead of in situation now) of town taking gang by themselves. Current militia killing proves nothing and all noobs still can take towns :>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:39:58 pm by vedaras »

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:57 pm »

thats why i made this topic LeMark - to find solution from which you all will be happy
form controling bh ,for longer then week we get more money everyday, only form brokenhills we get more then half-milion caps

imho fortresses are not that bad idea, , we have a lot of other battlegrounds
making own city with own rules - sound good for me, something new ;)

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:33 pm »

we have a lot of other battlegrounds

Where? All huge gang fight is when 1 faction take a town...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.