"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 10:48:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: Your event ideas!  (Read 140914 times)

Re: Your event ideas!
« Reply #360 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:37 am »

Please make the next PVP event with 2 teams like Vault City vs Raiders or Enclave vs BOS !!!

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:10 am »

I want an homage to Diablo as the new one is coming out.  I suggest Metal Armored Cows wielding Rippers wacked out of there mind on psycho and jet :)  In a Gauntlet (yes that old videogame) style maze with cow generators with treasure chests and such nonsense. 
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »

A good old fashioned Zombie survival event. It starts PvE, then when a player dies, instead of respawning he has to wait for him to be tagged "Zombie" and be a slow, strong ghoul against the remaining survivors.
« Reply #363 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »

A good old fashioned Zombie survival event. It starts PvE, then when a player dies, instead of respawning he has to wait for him to be tagged "Zombie" and be a slow, strong ghoul against the remaining survivors.

i like posibility of group fighting hoards of slow zombies 8)
but beeing one of em would be to boring i fear

still im looking forward to similar event
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2012, 11:29:05 pm »

I'm making my own server to do that. I'm certainly not going to try to do it in 2238 with completely different tools ;D But maybe others would.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

JovankaB

« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »

I spawned hordes of ghouls for the last 3 players on Minotaur Maze Event (true heroes - they played on the event for 4 hours!).

But my conclusion is: In FOnline AI is too predictable to have slow melee enemies interesting in current form. There would have to be more features, like limited running time (so you couldn't run away forever), blocking doors with furnitures, using any item as weapon etc. This would require scripting that I believe is outside of 2238 features scope (I might be wrong though, I don't know 2238 todos :) ) - better wait for Surface Dwellers ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:34:02 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »

to avoid running away forever they could rush from all directions!
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2012, 04:03:42 pm »

maybe this:
An alien saucer crashes into an abandoned military base (by that i do not mean mariposa , glow or ares )and  a few people go to check it out.There they find aliens and robots who they have to fight.Then after an hour and a half the remaining people could get teleported to the alien mothership in which they need to kill a few more aliens and the mother alien to get back to earth.
The reward for those who manage to hold out could be 3 alien blasters

JovankaB

« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2012, 05:35:10 pm »

The reward for those who manage to hold out could be 3 alien blasters

There is no alien critter.
But anyway, I could make something like this only if:
 - it's for people who found / bought "alien location holotape" (there could be like 20 of them)
 - players come with their own equipment and it's not refunded
 - there is no coming back after death
 - players can kill each other
 - they have like 10% chance that even a single of them will survive and max reward is 1 blaster / player
 - aliens radiate and no radiation healing afterwards
 - 33% chance that aliens will find the base of player with blaster and raid it (I would roll real die!) :D

But don't expect such rewards just for coming to V15 and doing some pew pew with free weapons.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:51:20 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

if players can kill players in some sort of team event , tahats not a coll idea at the end of the game when only 2 people left the one said heh i want the f***** blaster only for me so im gonna burst u even if u did the whole work xD

JovankaB

« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »

if players can kill players in some sort of team event , tahats not a coll idea at the end of the game when only 2 people left the one said heh i want the f***** blaster only for me so im gonna burst u even if u did the whole work xD

If the reward in the end is 1 blaster / player they wouldn't really have much incentive in killing others.
But yes, it could happen. It could mean +1 on "alien raid" roll ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:55:42 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »

There was some kind of cowboy revolver event, it was great, because players were bringing their own weapons, just remake it to event in which player need his own items (tool,rope ,minigun etc.) to win and get rewards.

Iam waiting for RP session, just open V13 location for some people, make some shitty scenario and we can play, without PVE,PVP anthing.
h

Creep

• Wu-Tang is for the children
    • Drawing Gallery on DA
« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »

I was talking with Cajuns earlier about the events, which one they liked, which one they hated, this kind of things. They told me that the biggest problem with events is that they are rare, which, I have to say, is quite true. The problem is, at the moment with the disabled features to hunt lags it is not really the right time to make new events, partly because of the heavy lags, the disabled Field of View and the unnerfed sneak.

We were wondering if you, players, had ideas for the events that we, Game Masters, could make. Remember that we couldn't credit you about this idea, and if we decide to base an event on it, we would certainly change it a bit.

As developers have better things to do (fixing laggzors!) than making fancy scripts, an event idea shouldn't require a new script/dialog/npc. Existing ones are already in game. Game Masters can spawn any npc and item or block path.

Also, remember that an idea has to be detailed. It's easy to say "you should spawn raiders in NCR that players have to fight", but it's hard to make if we haven't got any details. We can work on the balance details ("How much enemies to spawn" for example) and so on.

We're not here to debate about the ideas. Only Game Masters will judge if one is good or bad, and will maybe eventually make it. However, it's a good occasion to tell us about your events ideas! You can browse the forum to look at the events that have already been made.

Amateur stand up comedy Apollo style please! But instead of getting wop wopped the crowd just gets to open fire if they dont like it, or even if they do? Contestants perform at Maltese Falcon. Trolling the event/contestants is also allowed.
Who rules the beach? Surfers! Who rules the surfers? Surf Nazis! http://creepye.deviantart.com/

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2012, 06:07:30 am »

What about a bazaar event? I've seen some complaints about this game not being very social.
Maybe open Junktown for a day were weapons *can't* be equipped, (I mean equipping is disabled for everything but caps) and rep will drop faster for thieves. 
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2012, 03:04:28 pm »

Don't know if it were suggested - no time for looking through 25 pages.

Simple PvP, last man standing event: "The Winner Takes it All".

- bring your own stuff
- no stuff on the map/outfitters
- random spawn somewhere in the map (to avoid spawnkilling)
- no respawn
- no sneakers
- last man alive wins

What's unusual, is my idea for the reward: the winner can simply loot dead bodies of his dead opponents and take as much stuff as he can carry. Maybe also second prize for a man with most kills/dmg output (if it's possible to count it precisely) - the same, but second in line to loot after the main winner.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 25 queries.