"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:33:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 140774 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 04:26:56 am »

Hmmm... Reinstall or wait for a dev :|
Its wierd as hell though because on this computer Fallout 2 THE GAME itself runs smoothly and perfectly but I cannot run the FOnline version....

Wierd :/.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 12:05:00 pm »

Its wierd as hell though because on this computer Fallout 2 THE GAME itself runs smoothly and perfectly but I cannot run the FOnline version....

Wierd :/.

Not so weird, FOnline have a totally different engine, and is a different program...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 12:08:33 pm »

waht about administrative privileges, and launch it from the .exe file, used to have this problem during boring lectures, but being as I am I've found a way around it. In fact, my university's computer security sytem is so weak that I've given myself administrative privileges and I'm not whizz when it comes to computers.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 07:42:48 pm »

I'm still having the same issue as I was having before. I'm running as admin, and I cannot connect to the server, even though I don't get any errors that belie what the issue might be.
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2010, 04:07:28 am »

Hi, new arround here...I have problems with the updater, i can not connect with the updater server...any solution?
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 10:03:40 am »

Hi, new arround here...I have problems with the updater, i can not connect with the updater server...any solution?

Seconding this, trying to update the game but upon running the updater it does nothing for a few moments then says it cannot connect. Any solutions would be appreciated.
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2010, 08:07:20 am »

Hi
I have Fallout 2 installed on my Pc. I downlodaed the Fonline installer client. Followed the instructions and led the path for the master and crit files and whatnot.
But when I run the Fonline launcher I get the message missing shortcut and am asked if I'd like to locate the file myself. I'm running windows 7. I then tried this on my laptop thats running vista and I get the same message. I search for the Fwhateverconfig file and its not anywhere on my computer (or if thats the installer its named differently for me)
In fact there no Fonline folder in my programs folder so I wonder if the installer actually did anything.
Please help Ive been so excited to play this game and since being unable to I've spent all my time reading and thinking what perks, skills and special points to select for my character and such and that just makes me want to play more!
I'll be grateful for whoever can help me out.
Thanks in advance.
PS: Oh also how can I run fallout 2 on windows 7 without all the colors  being mess up? I figure I have to change to 256 colors or whatever bit shit but I dont know how to do that with this operating system

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 12:11:32 pm »

Hello,
If you can't find your FOnline folder I suggest you to 'Search' for FOConfig.exe . If your computer can't find it, then reinstall the game in a folder you chose, without bothering about path to Master/Critter.dat . Then, go in your FOnline folder, open FOConfig, and set the path to Master.dat and Critter.dat .

P.S. I don't know about Fallout 2, but it should be something like right click > properties on your Fallout 2 shortcut. I suppose you'll find more helpful advice at NMA.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 09:10:24 am »

Why do I keep on getting "Fallout launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close." message whenever I try to open up the Falloutonline launcher?

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:37 am »

Why do I keep on getting "Fallout launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close." message whenever I try to open up the Falloutonline launcher?

Run the updater (Updater.exe) from the game folder, if it says that it updated the launcher, try running it again, if it crashes, paste the text in Launcher.log here.
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 06:31:13 pm »

Run the updater (Updater.exe) from the game folder, if it says that it updated the launcher, try running it again, if it crashes, paste the text in Launcher.log here.

Okay the launcher works now, but I got a bunch of error messages trying to start the game now.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »

Did you press enter ?
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 05:31:04 am »

If bob presses enter the game should work fine...
I got the same message and hit enter and everything ran smoothly.

I just wanted to let you know I FINALLY got online. I had to boot up my freaking old slow piece of crap windows Xp to do it. Installing fallout 2 crashed it so I had to copy that from an external hard drive. Then I installed Fonline (and it actually installed instead doing whatever it does in windows 7 instead). So to play on windows 7 I had to copy the files on to the external drive and then transfer them to my main pc. So you can get it to work but not without backdooring it.
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2010, 05:55:19 am »

:-[ very sad yes I know. Carefully scanned the net for information regarding the client not running, to no avail. Nay, tis not a masterdat issue... OK SO

>>I hit play, and the client seems to want to load, but immediatly closes itself.
and i dont wanna reinstall anything argh<<

I installed FOnline 2238 and the net adresss is good and masterdat is located but the client crashes.

any ideas?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2010, 07:21:56 am »

:-[ very sad yes I know. Carefully scanned the net for information regarding the client not running, to no avail. Nay, tis not a masterdat issue... OK SO

>>I hit play, and the client seems to want to load, but immediatly closes itself.
and i dont wanna reinstall anything argh<<

I installed FOnline 2238 and the net adresss is good and masterdat is located but the client crashes.

any ideas?
Shatty computer?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 18 queries.