"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 12:01:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 136135 times)

Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 12:40:30 am »

I got the same problem Trias has: I get to the main screen, register a character, try to log on, and get the authentication-error.

Are the server still down? Can this be becaue of it?

bobthecrusher

• I smell your brains!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 05:34:25 am »

I turned a freind on to this game, but he is having the same problems that several others our. I've been searching all over this website looking for a solution but have as of yet not found it, everything is properly set and the game begins correctly, and when he creates his character everything works, but when he gets to the "authenticating successful, loading map" screen, it boots him back to the main menu over and over again, has anyone yet found a solution? because I looked at his and it is set up the exact way you have described, and even though mine works fine, his keeps crashing. i've spent about an hour trying to get this to work, and would greatly appreciate a fix, thank you.
"Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace. " -Martin Luther
the wasteland is harsh, and you're an antisocial prick

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 09:18:35 am »

Bobthecrusher and Gilgames, This happens when server is down, try it now ? And check in NET tab you are connected to right server/port.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 11:49:50 am »

Yes, it did work a moment later for me. Plus my connection is not the best one imaginable, so the problem is quite likely to exist there too. But thanks.

bobthecrusher

• I smell your brains!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 05:28:31 pm »

Ok, I'l call my friend in a bit, and get him to try it. If it doesn't work, any other ideas why this would happen? I'm pretty sure he just needs to try again but any suggestions if it crashes for him again?
"Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace. " -Martin Luther
the wasteland is harsh, and you're an antisocial prick

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 10:36:56 pm »

Just updated.
Now it's the old issue with connection established/authentification.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 10:43:16 pm »

The server is down, Alvarez. ;)
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 12:11:21 pm »

um....okay so im going all out on this...how the heck do you install this!?!? so confusing for me..i seem to have the masterdat problem when i finish installing....please reply

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 02:12:25 pm »

As said in first post, be sure to configure in FOConfig.exe the path to your master.dat and critter/dat files.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 09:38:06 pm »

.....you make it sound so easy! xD um...how do you do that? :P

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 10:11:32 am »

Launch FOConfig.exe

Select GAME tab.

Note : Copy/pasting the two .dat files in your FOnline folder might be a good idea.
Click on the upper arrow, browse to your Master.dat, select it. Click on the bottom arrow, browse yo your Critter.dat, select it.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 05:10:58 am »

Okay, have been waiting for this game ever since I got hooked on Fallout 2 back in the day. Got discouraged when the game wouldn't load 1st few times, but eventually got in. Made a new profile, and was ready to go... and entered the game to see a basement with me standing there. But my character was a fiery orange pixelated... something. And I couldn't move anywhere (it said error when trying to click a place to walk to with the walk command enable, the red circle thing). I could only examine objects in the room. So I can't play the game. Any help?
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 05:16:47 am »

Okay, have been waiting for this game ever since I got hooked on Fallout 2 back in the day. Got discouraged when the game wouldn't load 1st few times, but eventually got in. Made a new profile, and was ready to go... and entered the game to see a basement with me standing there. But my character was a fiery orange pixelated... something. And I couldn't move anywhere (it said error when trying to click a place to walk to with the walk command enable, the red circle thing). I could only examine objects in the room. So I can't play the game. Any help?

Nevermind, feel a bit dumb making this post before simply trying to close the game and retrying. Logged in fine this time. But for anyone else who has this problem, just do what I did (but you probably already have figured out this). And not sure if this was posted in the wrong area. Sorry.
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 12:00:06 pm »

I have just dowloaded and installed the game but when i select play it comes up master.dat not found what do i do ???

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 12:10:07 pm »

Look at first post or three posts above, the one with shiny pictures :)
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.