"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 09:40:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 136153 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
[Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:08:00 pm »

Please use this thread to tell us about your problems to LAUNCH THE GAME or to LOG IN THE GAME. Before you post, read at least this post, and if you want to be nice, read also the entire thread or use the feature. Explain your problem with as many details as possible, and tell us the solutions you tried - and that obviously didn't work.

I. I can't launch the game

A. General issues
This may be due to several issues (For specific problems, look in part B). Try these solutions :

1) Try to launch the game several times. It often crashes on start.

2) Make sure your Master.dat and Critter.dat files are in your FOnline directory, and check if their correct path is set in FOConfig.exe (Set their path in bottom of GAME tab).

3) If you are a Linux user, use the tutorial on this thread.
If you are a Mac OS X user, use the tutorial on this thread.

4) Reinstall the game.

B. Particular issues
1) "When I try to click on FOnline.exe , a grey window pops up short, then dissappears immediately."
- Update the drivers of your graphic card.

2) "I downloaded everything right (I think), but when I start the launcher I can't click play. I can click every other button but play."
- Try to reinstall the game at your desktop, it was probably installed at C:\Program files\... and it may cause issues.

II. I can't log in
First of all, check if the server is Online or Offline by looking at this picture :

If the server is online, and you can't log in, there is a problem. This can be caused by a lot of things, and you will probably get an error message :

1) "Unable to connect to server."
- Open FOConfig -> NET tab. Check if "Game Server Host" and "Port" match the server address given here.
- On the same link above, check the picture : If the server is Offline or Busy, then it's totally normal that you can't log in. If the server is Online, then it's not normal.

2) "This character is already logged in."
- Make sure nobody you know is connected on your character (if the password is shared), then ask a Game Master to help (on forum or IRC).

3)
"The network reports your client is in wrong version. Please update."
- Update your game directory with the updater or the launcher. The correct updater's address is given here. Beware, this will erase your custom NameColorizing.txt . Make sure when you try to update again nothing is downloading.

4) "Incorrect login or password."
- Check if your login is the correct one, and show your password by pressing the CTRL key. If your keyboard is, surprisingly, in russian, press CTRL+SHIFT to switch back to occidental letters.

5) I only see "ERRORS" buttons or strange black screen.
- Press Enter key. If it doesn't work, restart the game.
- If error still occurs, delete every .cache file in data folder except default.cache.

6) My character is a flameboy.
Restart the game and it should work properly. (If the problem persists, delete the 94.23.237.127.2238.cache file in the data folder of your FOnline installation. Do NOT delete default.cache)

III. Problems with launcher
- You need .NET framework 3.5 or higher installed, it can be downloaded from here. If you have Vista or Windows 7 it should already be installed.
- If Launcher is still giving you an error, everytime you run it, run the updater (Updater.exe) from the game folder, if it says that it updated the launcher, try running it again, if it crashes, paste the text in Launcher.log here.

Once you're logged in, remember that if you have burning models you have to restart the game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:02:28 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:50:20 am »

Ok, I have some issues playing the game on my laptop. I made a fresh windows installation today (XP Service Pack 3), placed the FOnline client as usual directly on my desktop in a folder, matched the path to the .dat files etc.

But, when I try to click on FOnline.exe , a grey window pops up short, then dissappears immediately.
Same happens f.e with the mapper. When I click on the launcher, I get an "0xc00000135" error.

Here is the log:

Code: [Select]
Starting FOnline (version 0195-4E)...

FEngine initialization...
DirectInput init...
DirectInput init success.
Sprite manager initialization...
SpriteManager::Init - direct3D->GetDeviceCaps(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT,D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,&deviceCaps), error<D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE>.
FOnline engine initialization fail.

I think it has something to do with drivers or so, as I installed windows new on this computer.
Help would be good.  :-\

Edit: Problem solved, a fine person on IRC helped me in the long process in taking care of my nooby PC knowledge. :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:55:58 am by Surf Solar »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:07:05 am »

Can you post the way you fixed it ? I know some players that had the same problem.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:41:10 am »

Can you post the way you fixed it ? I know some players that had the same problem.

Yep, sorry, I forgot that. It was due to my own sillyness, I had the wrong drivers for my graphic card installed.
After several hours of scavenging the internet (this graphic card is pretty shitty and not so common) I managed to play the game then. The launcher still gives me an error though.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 02:22:34 pm »

The launcher still gives me an error though.

You need .NET framework 3.5 or higher installed, it can be downloaded from here. If you have Vista or Windows 7 it should already be installed.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 04:32:20 pm »

It worked. :)

Thanks to you, Ghosthack!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 08:23:12 am »

Okdokey, I downloaded and installed the game. Got the errors of not being able to find the critter or master dat, solved that by linking them  ::)
Now I have got onto the main screen where I can register or enter, registered a character with a password, press enter, then it goes onto a loading screen for a few moments before returning back to the original screen.

Bottom left says connecting to server then connection established, authentication...

This is when it seems it is booting me back to the main screen. Any advice? :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 08:35:11 am by Trias »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:48:30 am »

I have got onto the main screen
Is it the one with a picture as background, or just black color ?

Bottom left says connecting to server then connection established, authentication...
This is the error you get when you are not on the right server, afaik. Check in FOConfig.exe (NET tab) that your "Game Server Host" is 94.23.237.127 and port 2238.

Also, in "Proxy" (below "Game Server"), make sure you chose None Host.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:51:37 am by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 01:32:41 pm »

It has a picture in the bakground.

Yep, all is what it should be and yet it still won't allow me to connect.

Host and Port is correct and I've chosen None Host.

Login and Password in the Net tab is supposed to be blank yes?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:36:24 am »

heya, just found out about this game and I'm pretty excited, I ust have a few noob questions though.  I have the master.dat downloaded, but the game says it can't find it during start up.  how can I great the correct path for the game to find the .dat file?  anybody?  Thanks

Crysis

• Surviving The Holocaust.
    • Fonline 2238 Wiki
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 01:53:42 am »

heya, just found out about this game and I'm pretty excited, I ust have a few noob questions though.  I have the master.dat downloaded, but the game says it can't find it during start up.  how can I great the correct path for the game to find the .dat file?  anybody?  Thanks

You don't need to download Master.dat and Creature.dat, They will be under the directory where you have installed Fallout 2. E.G:
C:\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2\Master.dat
C:\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2\Creature.dat

If you need to change these paths, Go to Fonline Launcher > Configure > Game > Pathes to Fallout2 DAT's & Change both.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 02:23:19 am »

oh thanks, that worked.  I just had to reinstalled F2 and make the paths from there.  the only problem is, now I keep getting the ERROR ERROR ERROR messages, and even if I delete all the extra .caches it still will not connect.  ideas?

Crysis

• Fonline 2238 Wiki
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:11 am »

oh thanks, that worked.  I just had to reinstalled F2 and make the paths from there.  the only problem is, now I keep getting the ERROR ERROR ERROR messages, and even if I delete all the extra .caches it still will not connect.  ideas?

Try Restarting Fonline, Or even update if you havn't already.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 03:30:01 pm »

Server is down at the moment, try again later.

Crysis

• Fonline 2238 Wiki
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 03:31:36 pm »

01:33:11 am, He probably knows that now :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.