"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 05:29:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 144046 times)

Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:25 am »

When I start in the upper left hand corner it says "Executing start script failure." Then when I try to register I cant set my name gender age or password. All I can do is click it. Then when I try to exit it says this.

I have updated and put the critter and master in the right places.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:30:45 pm by Mikenopa »

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2011, 02:54:53 pm »

just re-install it
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2011, 01:04:51 am »

Well not many people are helping me on my topic, so im posting here.

One time I got the game to work, but now since I broke the game once and reinstalled, it hasn't worked.
I put in the FO2 MASTER.DAT and CRITTER.DAT in the FOnline 2238 folder, but it still dosent work, even when I update.
Now the installer thinks the game is already installed but it isnt, and when I reinstall it I just get a broken file.

I have a 2006 Toshiba Vista, just so you know.

Edit: Im logged into my old account again xD. My new account is CaptOmg
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:06:31 am by CaptainOMG »
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2011, 12:48:06 am »

This is the error you get when you are not on the right server, afaik. Check in FOConfig.exe (NET tab) that your "Game Server Host" is 94.23.237.127 and port 2238.

Also, in "Proxy" (below "Game Server"), make sure you chose None Host.

I am getting this same exact problem. I've checked and replaced everything that you said, and I still have this problem of

Connection established, authenticating...
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2011, 06:34:21 am »

Okay here's my problem, and it's well, straight up weird. For whatever reason I cannot play the game and I have updated my drivers but it still gives me that same error...untill i lower the resolution. 800x600 it get's to the loading screen then crashes. It only seems to work on a setting of 640x480. Can I get a little help here please?
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2011, 10:21:42 pm »

First time player in need of a little bit of help.

I installed Fonline, located the FO2 files, ran the updates and checked the settings.
No technical problems there.
I make a character and hit the "Done" button which taking me back to the title screen (repeated this step several times to be sure). I enter the login details (again, checked and repeated to be sure) and hit play.

For about a second and a half I get a loading screen before it kicks me back to the title. The only error messages I'm getting are:
"Connection established, authentication..."
"Incorrect login or password."

I am definitely not mistyping the login details (checked) and the server reports as currently being online. Am I doing something wrong in character registration? Is it not working for some reason?

Please let me know if you have any idea what the problem is.
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2011, 10:36:32 pm »

Are you sure the account name was actually unused?
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:21 pm »

I had no way of knowing, since I redid the registration a few times to be sure it worked and didn't notice the "login already used" message if it was there the first time.

Okay, just tried a new character and got in. Thanks for the help, I feel a little silly now.

qga

« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »

hello, i have problem, i installed fonline on my desktop computer and it work fine, but then i install it on laptop for my roomate to play, and it wont start, i did all what is needed, its only show black screen with little square in left up corner, and i cant do anything..
any solution?
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2011, 08:56:17 pm »

Hi. I have a problem. I cannot log in. The game is installed and I get in to the screen where it says play, registration, options, credits, exit. I press register, make a character. Press done. I come back to the first screen again and I put my name and my password and then press play. It says I have the wrong pass/name. And I've been trying to create several characters. It's like my characters are not registered when I press done.

Btw I have the exact same problem as Wargarble
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:58:32 pm by BOSSKING »
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2011, 11:56:52 pm »

Hi. I have a problem. I cannot log in. The game is installed and I get in to the screen where it says play, registration, options, credits, exit. I press register, make a character. Press done. I come back to the first screen again and I put my name and my password and then press play. It says I have the wrong pass/name. And I've been trying to create several characters. It's like my characters are not registered when I press done.

Btw I have the exact same problem as Wargarble

I seemed to solve it by trying to make lots and lots of characters, even though I'm pretty sure some of the usernames werent taken.

Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2011, 09:11:29 pm »

B. Particular issues
1) "When I try to click on FOnline.exe , a grey window pops up short, then dissappears immediately."
- Update the drivers of your graphic card.

I did it but i still got this problem :S
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2011, 04:35:12 am »

I have the exact same problem. Tried everything in this thread related to the damn grey box error. I also get the "cant connect to update server" error".  My log files:

Code: [Select]
Starting FOnline (version 0290-98)...

Engine initialization...
DirectInput initialization...
DirectInput initialization complete.
Sprite manager initialization...
SpriteManager::Init - direct3D->GetDeviceCaps(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT,D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,&deviceCaps), error<D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE - Not available>.
FOnline engine initialization fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:10:02 pm by Graf »
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2011, 08:14:07 am »

I keep getting the error message "Can't connect to the update server (94.23.237.127)."
when i try and update.

Is the update server down?
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2011, 06:42:02 pm »

Works fine now, must've been the update server.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.