"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:50:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 153088 times)

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2011, 04:52:02 pm »

Is the server down?

After a long uptime. Yes it is.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2011, 04:53:33 pm »

Ok just wondering if it was on my end or not. What's the usual downtime?
Oni Akuma
Boo Radley

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »

Is the server down?
Yes server is down.
Check this imagine next time before asking
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30:57 pm »

When i press play i get error "it was not possible to connect to the server" i run updater , check ip and port twice server is online ,i deleted all cache files but not deflaut.cache , tryed pressing play with deflaut login and pass and nothing works ;/

ok works now , my stupid antivirus was blocking fonline and didn't tell me about it
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:50:03 pm by bady123 »
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »

OK so I download the client for FOnline 2238, everything is going good, the download is running smoothly, in no time its done. I then install the games launcher, which is also running great. It tells me to give the pathway to the MASTER and CRITTER .dats, so I do ( I extracted those from my win.rar Fallout 2 file, not sure if thats part of the problem or not ) And then it downloads, i excitedly push the play button on the launcher, register my character and login, I was a bit discouraged when I saw a bunch of red notices poping out from the bottom left corner of the login and play screen, they were saying File Couldnt be found and stuff like run updater.exe. and something about bald guy could not be found.... I ignore these, press play, it looks like the game is gonna start up! ( says LOADING... ) but after maybe 10 seconds it crashes back to the login and play screen, and the red notices are still there, I try to run it 8 more times, same outcome, I then decide to run the updater, it got a few "updates" in there when it just, stoped updating, I presumed it was taking way to long for an updater, i legit waited for like 40 mins :/ the button at the top was still saying ...wait... but i exit from the updater and press play in the launcher, it then tells me in a error message that "the path (or something) dx0011 (or something cant remember it exactly) could not be found. and it just keeps doing this, all of it! please somebody help! Im dying to play and this is just really upsetting :'(
A life without challenge is a life unlived
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2011, 03:47:18 pm »

OMG thank you bady123 I never thought about checking my firewall but after I allowed FOnline through my firewall it worked!!!!
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »

Launch FOConfig.exe

Select GAME tab.

Note : Copy/pasting the two .dat files in your FOnline folder might be a good idea.
Click on the upper arrow, browse to your Master.dat, select it. Click on the bottom arrow, browse yo your Critter.dat, select it.

i cant find my master or critter files, how do i browse them?
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2011, 12:24:40 am »

I am having the same problem with my master.dat file.  I have done all of the suggested ways, it still wont work.  Sorry for being a bother.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2011, 06:41:38 am »

I am having the same problem with my master.dat file.  I have done all of the suggested ways, it still wont work.  Sorry for being a bother.
Are you sure that it is Fallout 2 master.dat file?
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »

i have a little problem with the character creator. i cant choose character name. so i cant register my char because empty charname is obviously to short. any help?
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2011, 11:55:28 pm »

It could be the file manager.  Thats what the bin file says. File manager error.
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2011, 05:05:47 pm »

Hi, just heard about this game from some people over at the Nexus, huge fan of the old Fallout games, dusted off my Fallout 2 disc, installed the client, updated and registered, but it still won't let me log in, saying "Incorrect login or password." even though I know for a fact I put them in right (did the ctrl thing and all that to make sure).

Attempted to make a new account identical in case it didn't register me the first time, but sure enough It said there was already an account with that login.

This is extremely annoying.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:07:48 pm by Xanatos »

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2011, 01:29:59 am »

Hi, just heard about this game from some people over at the Nexus, huge fan of the old Fallout games, dusted off my Fallout 2 disc, installed the client, updated and registered, but it still won't let me log in, saying "Incorrect login or password." even though I know for a fact I put them in right (did the ctrl thing and all that to make sure).

Attempted to make a new account identical in case it didn't register me the first time, but sure enough It said there was already an account with that login.

This is extremely annoying.

Happened to me too with my char Gruik. Had to create a new char with a different pseudo. And I was sure of the password, I checked many times before registrating.
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2011, 02:04:12 am »

Problem Solve
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:14:01 am by shikasta »
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2011, 02:56:10 am »

When I click play the the game freezes. I try to trouble shoot but it just shuts down completely. Not sure what to do here. Really would like to try this out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.