"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 03:11:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ok This is going to sound noobish but idk what else to do. ( Error )  (Read 1634 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

OK, it all starts out innocent enough...  I needed to update it to play.  So i press update, it loads two new things, then when its finished i try to play again...  well thats where it goes wrong.  On the screen it just says error error error.  AND NO it doesn't say "PRESS ENTER" It just had a bunch of messed up symbols on it.  so by memory i put in my username and pass then pressed enter in hopes that it would still work just saying error on the main menu.. well another error instead.  I'm confused now, I did a forums search but i noticed they all ended with " Do what it says, PRESS ENTER" and then its solved.  Any ideas?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Re: Ok This is going to sound noobish but idk what else to do. ( Error )
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:00:09 am »

If you're trying to update/connect and experiencing this problem right now, try again later. The server has been down for a little over an hour and there has been no info on when it will be back up.

This is just speculation, but if you have corrupted .dat files due to the update server dropping in the middle of an update or something similar happened, then you may need to do a fresh install and fresh update to fix your problem.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:04:40 am »

If you're trying to update/connect and experiencing this problem right now, try again later. The server has been down for a little over an hour and there has been no info on when it will be back up.

This is just speculation, but if you have corrupted .dat files due to the update server dropping in the middle of an update or something similar happened, then you may need to do a fresh install and fresh update to fix your problem.
Awww... that sucks.  Lol, managing this game gets a lil too complex sometimes....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:11:55 am »

Btw guys here is the menu im getting, i had already put my name and pass in so you cant see the wierd ass symbols i was seeing:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/Michaelh139/Falloutonlineerorrororooror.jpg

(  I just realized i double-posted... my bad  )
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 04:21:09 am »

From what I've experienced, this is the screen you see the first time you run the client. It usually says "PRESS ENTER" where you typed in your username.

Once again this is speculation based on my experiences with the game/client to date. Regardless if it's garbage symbols, "PRESS ENTER", or something you typed in the field -- I'm pretty sure you still need to press enter here to get past that screen. The most likely reason you're not getting past this screen is because the server is not up. (Just a guess...  :P) Once the server is back up, you -should- be able to press enter and get to usual login screen to input your account information in the proper username/password fields.

If the problem persists once the server is back up, try what I suggested before and do a clean install/update of the client.  :-\

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 04:31:09 am »

From what I've experienced, this is the screen you see the first time you run the client. It usually says "PRESS ENTER" where you typed in your username.

Once again this is speculation based on my experiences with the game/client to date. Regardless if it's garbage symbols, "PRESS ENTER", or something you typed in the field -- I'm pretty sure you still need to press enter here to get past that screen. The most likely reason you're not getting past this screen is because the server is not up. (Just a guess...  :P) Once the server is back up, you -should- be able to press enter and get to usual login screen to input your account information in the proper username/password fields.

If the problem persists once the server is back up, try what I suggested before and do a clean install/update of the client.  :-\

Well, re-installing shouldn't be too hard, I practically got an entire guide when I posted for step-by-step instructions since im not very good with computers .  ty FOnline community! :D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.