"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 03:17:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The fuck with lockpick  (Read 5538 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: The fuck with lockpick
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 05:44:14 pm »

Yea, yea...

I played char with 1LK for few months and still was able to ste--- borrow cars when i got some decent skill level. And for lockpicker you can start saying about "decent", when you have 200% or more.

Only problem with lockpick is that currently there is nothing to do with that skill... if you find some locked doors in game, their complexity level is set very low or uber high... or "it's not your room" :-\ Lockpickers must wait for day, when devs start to take care about "forgotten" skills. For now we can put it next to gambling.

that is what i mean! you can start killing with somewhat like 100% of gun skill, and you can start lockpicking with over 200% that is just crap...

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 05:59:26 pm »

that is what i mean! you can start killing with somewhat like 100% of gun skill, and you can start lockpicking with over 200% that is just crap...

Not really. If you lower this, you will never see any caravan around :) And this is not a solution IMHO; you need more things to do, not making last one easier. Just wait some time, i don't belive that there is no plans for lockpick skil.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:32:19 pm »

Some things should be extremely hard, eg: picking car locks would require electronic lockpicks and would be nearly impossible with even 200% lockpick. But picking a simple lock from a chest in an encounter should be doable with 70% lockpick and no additional items.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 06:35:32 pm »

Some things should be extremely hard, eg: picking car locks would require electronic lockpicks and would be nearly impossible with even 200% lockpick. But picking a simple lock from a chest in an encounter should be doable with 70% lockpick and no additional items.

nah picking car should be easy too, as i told before you can leave car 1mm from ncr or other town and walk that way. If you feel lucky and then you are robbed its your own fault.
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 07:39:56 pm »

nah picking car should be easy too, as i told before you can leave car 1mm from ncr or other town and walk that way. If you feel lucky and then you are robbed its your own fault.

Nonsense, it makes sense that a carlock should be hard to pick. You don't see cars all that often, a lockpicker isn't used to carlocks. Also cars are rare, a car driving into town will get the attention of gaurds, so they will notice quickly that somoene is fumbling with the lock.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 07:53:10 pm »

I dont really get one thing. You need to learn how to survive in wasteland, not teach wasteland how to survive with you. If people are unaware, not skilled, not intelligent enough to survive they all try to make suggestions how to nerf "bad things". You better try how to increase your gameplay instead.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:41 pm »

I dont really get one thing. You need to learn how to survive in wasteland, not teach wasteland how to survive with you. If people are unaware, not skilled, not intelligent enough to survive they all try to make suggestions how to nerf "bad things". You better try how to increase your gameplay instead.

There is no fact of survival here, just the fact of unbalance. Somoene with <30% in a skill being able to get extremely rich with shouldnt be possible. And you know it.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 08:41:21 pm »

well then example, you leave your character in middle of modoc with full of loot and go afk. Guy with 30% unarmed comes and kills you, here something wrong? Same is with lockpicking in ncr, and in situation like that your head is only one responsible for your loss.
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 08:47:55 pm »

well then example, you leave your character in middle of modoc with full of loot and go afk. Guy with 30% unarmed comes and kills you, here something wrong? Same is with lockpicking in ncr, and in situation like that your head is only one responsible for your loss.

To bad Modoc is an ungaurded town
To bad killing somoene with 30 unarmed takes 30 minutes and lockpicking a car only 5 seconds.

I'm talking about gaurded towns, about a skill that is unbalanced. And it needs balancing.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 09:29:00 pm »

To bad Modoc is an ungaurded town
To bad killing somoene with 30 unarmed takes 30 minutes and lockpicking a car only 5 seconds.

I'm talking about gaurded towns, about a skill that is unbalanced. And it needs balancing.

man lockpick cd is 10 minutes on car, and you will lock pick it from 100 tries with something like 24% lockpick, so count how many time it will take.

by the way -500 karma in ncr for stealing one 44 jhp bullet! THE FUCK AGAIN ? for killing someone and making him lose all stuff you get -100 reputation, and -50 if bombing, and for stealing one fuckin bullet -500 ? dude....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:47:01 pm by Wipe »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 02:42:20 am »

Well. It should be obvious, that this is a bug. If not, then I can't help.

What I wonder the most: If everyone knows that stealing, lockpicking and sneaking sucks... why everyone is still doing and afterwards raging about it?

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 02:55:50 am »

Why not lock all residental houses/doors/lockers and let this for lockping roleplaying.. More rich house, better skill you need.. And there should be a special proffesion, thief, because i think that only succes in numbers of lockpicks/stealing actions (and quests) would qualify thief character to most dangerous actions: steal stuff from players.

You know, if i choose PvP char, i have to level up on critters in wasteland, maybe i do first some little quests first, but after all, i am ready to PvP. Why basic thief has privilege to go direct on players possesion :)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 03:01:28 am »

The only solution in implementing your suggestion would be to make all those "rich houses" as an instance (like the klamath toxic caves quest, or the rail line gang quest). Otherwise you have all houses ripped apart in 2 days after another wipe, with no single item left there.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 03:26:26 am »

The only solution in implementing your suggestion would be to make all those "rich houses" as an instance (like the klamath toxic caves quest, or the rail line gang quest). Otherwise you have all houses ripped apart in 2 days after another wipe, with no single item left there.

And it is not possible to "resuplly" this houses with new stuff after some cooldowns?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 03:28:03 am »

I don't know if the engine supports this, but I doubt it.  :-\
Otherwise all this stuff needs to manually restored by some GMs...

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I don't know if a simple script could handle this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.