"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 10:06:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The fuck with lockpick  (Read 5478 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
The fuck with lockpick
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:39:04 pm »

to be able to kill you need like 100% (of course that not 95% to aiming from big distances, i mean just that you raise up one level of your gun skill and you can go hunt or some shit) of gun skill if you have good perception, and if you have 141% lockpick and lockpicks set you can still do nothing, so seriously what the fuck? Now with 141% lockpick and lockpicks set i keep failing and failing by trying to lock pick stranded ships doors near klamath. Maybe there are some specials modifiers or other lock pick influencing shit that we should know about?

Why there are roles for game that needs no effort to be successful and others even with biggest efforts wont turn into successful roleplaying?
Re: The fuck with lockpick
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:48:13 pm »

Repair needs ~ 250 to fix stuff at all.
Science needs to be super high to break down things to get any mats at all.
Now lockpicking too.

Edit: Apparently sneak too ?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:50:06 pm by Tycell »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:15:02 pm »

another portion

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:27:50 pm »

See it like this: You bought a very very very expensive car. Now you drive to NCR, because you need to buy / sell something. You enter the map and 20 people in blue are running up to you and 30 seconds later, the first one is running away with your car and you couldn't do anything against this.

Doesn't really sound like fun to me.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:32:36 pm »

See it like this: You bought a very very very expensive car. Now you drive to NCR, because you need to buy / sell something. You enter the map and 20 people in blue are running up to you and 30 seconds later, the first one is running away with your car and you couldn't do anything against this.

See it like this then too, big gunner or sniper or whatever kills you and you cant do anything about it, he takes  your  valuable stuff and says some nice comments about you. Whats the difference between these situations? The difference is that only mine example can possibly happen, cause lockpicking and steal are worthless skills. And stuff like cars or other shit, can be left 1 mm from ncr on world map that is sure not a problem.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:34:40 pm by vedaras »

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:33:09 pm »

Agreed

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 11:34:18 pm »

Whats the difference between these situations?

If someone enters NCR and shoots you, he will be gunned down by either other players or the guards. If someone enters NCR and runs away with your car, nothing will happen and your car is gone.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 11:35:24 pm »

If I may, you can be a lockpicker and some sort of killer, too. It's not like you'd be useless in fights.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:35:54 pm »

well i think then most people would prefer disabling lockpicking in guarded towns at all but make it work normally in other situations rather then disabling it at all. And lockpicks even destroys themselves when you use it, so you are not even standing in same place by trying to lockpick but you are moving to -.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:44:56 pm by vedaras »
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 01:13:40 am »

Repair needs ~ 250 to fix stuff at all.
Science needs to be super high to break down things to get any mats at all.
Now lockpicking too.

Edit: Apparently sneak too ?
250 repair? last build it was 180 + tool

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 01:08:00 pm »

So is it possible to steal cars at all now?  Perhaps at a higher lockpick level?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 04:33:51 pm »

So I bought a hummer yesterday, and to my suprise it got stolen within 20 minutes of gameplay. Somoene with 28% lockpick and 10 luck picked the lock they said.
Now i'm not going to rant about it, but i think it's a little unfair. Gaurds don't even respond to people lockpicking, you can't shoot lockpickers. They can stand at the car entrance and you can't enter your car and they can keep lockpicking.

So people with ranting about lockpick, it's all about a little luck.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 04:36:11 pm »

Last build I got locked in a hotel room in the hub by the hub barman, I picked the lock with 17% chance and killed him. Pure luck, I could have been stuck in there a long time.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 05:05:50 pm »

So I bought a hummer yesterday, and to my suprise it got stolen within 20 minutes of gameplay. Somoene with 28% lockpick and 10 luck picked the lock they said.
Now i'm not going to rant about it, but i think it's a little unfair. Gaurds don't even respond to people lockpicking, you can't shoot lockpickers. They can stand at the car entrance and you can't enter your car and they can keep lockpicking.

So people with ranting about lockpick, it's all about a little luck.

yeah this is the biggest shit about lockpick, you can raise your lockpick to infinity if you dont have enough luck and you will still fail, and you cannot raise your lockpick  at all but have decent luck and do epic thievery thats sucks completely. Lockpicking and stealing should depend on agility not on fuckin luck.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 05:42:46 pm »

yeah this is the biggest shit about lockpick, you can raise your lockpick to infinity if you dont have enough luck and you will still fail

Yea, yea...

I played char with 1LK for few months and still was able to ste--- borrow cars when i got some decent skill level. And for lockpicker you can start saying about "decent", when you have 200% or more.

Only problem with lockpick is that currently there is nothing to do with that skill... if you find some locked doors in game, their complexity level is set very low or uber high... or "it's not your room" :-\ Lockpickers must wait for day, when devs start to take care about "forgotten" skills. For now we can put it next to gambling.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.