"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 03:09:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Guards in guarded Cities  (Read 11132 times)

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
Re: For Izual
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »

How do i use town preview?

If you come over the green circle you click on "Town map/preview" button in the lower right corner. Then you click on eye icon in upper triangle of town part.
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 05:50:04 pm »

I'm not mad, I want to improve their role playing game experience. After all if you attack a powerful city, your actions should have consequences. Or not?

Oh god yes do it.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 06:00:10 pm »

There was also no Ch0b0 Yura gang in Fallout 2, which suggest that they were destroyed by VC ;)
By this logic, none of the players in the entire game exist in Fallout 2. I assume that everyone has died so you should have every base raided.
Why is it that the devs cannot make up their mind as to if guards should be invincible or not? Either make them really invincible or don't throw out threats when players actually kill them.

Zeck

• whatever.
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 06:16:57 pm »

Well if you take it from an RP perspective, VC didn't do much against the Raiders in Fallout 2, and the raiders were only brought down by the Chosen One.

Was it not a VC official (if not Linette) that asked the "Chosen One" to look for and get rid of raiders in Fallout 2?
I mean that is in fact their idea and the only reason the player has to do the job (and not a group of heavy armed guys) is cause it is a solo game.

But I dont know if Vault City has the actual fire power and skills to take out a raider's base anyway.
I've always seen this city and it's leaders as a sort of post nuke little Rome.
They're just vault dwellers with no sense of surviving that made their city pop up from nowhere after all.

Nonetheless they probably have the necessary power and wealth to pay mercenaries or give any valuable information they might have to the right people ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:19:54 pm by Zeck »
Wannabe smuggler.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 06:19:27 pm »

In FO2 the raiders weren't really "raiders", more hired guns, to make VC unite with the ncr. The "Deputy" in VC asked the chosen one to find the raiders base in the mountains, because VC patrols weren't able to find it.

Zeck

• whatever.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 06:20:43 pm »

yeah I remembered something like that too.
Wannabe smuggler.

UnkS

• UnknownSoldier
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 06:28:05 pm »

I have batter idea, maybe next time I will make Vault City guards counterattack and raid their base. You can call it roleplay event

thanks for the names

Love it love it, there must be consequences for our actions. Even more inside the cities. You shouldn't be able to kill whoever guard you like whenever you please and live to tell the story.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:19 pm »

Hum, well, same as JovankaB said. Plus, what I do is 10k reputation drop per attacker, which seems logical.

Also, VC is not safe ; only inner part is safe. Due to a bug and the fact I'm not at home now, I was unable to make the city entrance totally safe (That's why it is not written in "Temporary Issues" thread).

And... Tell devs to make better guards =P
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 07:03:45 pm »

i just wanted to point out problem  but ofc its easier to ignroe it /add guards to make another NCR with guard every square...

i will just point out few things that can be done:
-add additional entry point
-add call for help signals - lets say on some radio channel you can hear call for help from cities needing help or/and when you enter city proximity you get warrning about about it being attacked
-add progresive guards - you can come attack the guarded city but you wont hold for too long

and its not for me - i wouldnt enter if i would have anythign to lose - its just about those people that forget about campers
(alsoo i dont like the fact that clearing the campers would require outnumbering them greatly as before you finish loading you have solid chances to be killed )

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 07:21:45 pm »

For once i see that "PK" raid as innocent. Without the lasertowers VC is just another modoc thats just begging to get raided. And if there were some sort of rule or disclaimer that attacking guarded towns will get you in trouble, im sure it would not happen again.
Base raids sound nice tho, i for one would like to see regular base-raids instead of the TC-militia exploit thats going on right now..

Hmm like:
Bases are visible as default on the map. Every base would come with 2 seperate custom areas on the map called "Jamming towers". They make the base and the towers invisible in the sence, that it just blocks radio traffic, so if one would find the base, they could not call for reinforcements(in practice, the base is cloaked like now). These towers need to be regularly "fueled" by....something, like small cells/mfc or whatever. If they run out of energy, they appear on the map, and can be raided. They could be stumbled across, like if you encounter wastelanders on the map. The only way to destroy them are by explosives(no, not the rocketlauncher obviously). If one of the towers are destroyed, the other loses an instant amount of X energy, and consumes 4x amount, untill the first tower is taken back and repaired(repair skill, toolkit, some el. parts, metal parts, etc) If both towers are offline(destroyed or ran out of energy), the base appears on the map for everyone, and can be raided, for 24 hours. The faction may choose to protect the loot or just take it to safety. After the 24 hours, the 2 towers relocate automatically, and are fully loaded, thus the base becomes invisible again.
Add buildable autoturrets made by engineers(*wink* *wink* *cough* other thread with making crafters usefull by letting them build a robot, like a merc and turrets for base defense) and there you have it, fun and exciting PVP! No QQ by bluesuits for getting killed in TC! Well actually they would still be killed in unguarded towns but meh.

Thoughts? Should i post this to the suggestions instead or just drop it? Because personally, in TC you just rape the same poor towns over and over again..Its fine, and should be kept as a regular event, but this would bring PVP to a whole new level imo
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:25:46 pm by FischiPiSti »
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 07:37:27 pm »

I see this like exploiting.

Yes, this is not as a whole RP game. But still it is "living" world and people should bear the consequences.

Maybe they are Diablo or Quake players, who see "Hey, it's not in rules, we can do it.", but I dont think, that this behaving is good for the community.

And the status of factions is broken. Everyone should be part of some faction. And everyone should have possibility to be part of even more faction at one time. Factions and subfactions. Whole world should be connected. Wanna be citizen of San Fran, communist and in the same time in player gang? Why the hell it isn't possible?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 07:46:57 pm »

NPC factions seem like the best way to add depth to the game. You join an NPC faction, you get a steady stream of repeatable quests. Delivery/Assassination/Clearing out a 'Dungeon'/Persuading/Rescue/etc. The more quests you do, the higher your standing in your faction, the more dangerous and rewarding quests you can do.

Even if in the beginning all the NPC factions have the same quests - Assassinate this guy opposing NCR expansion, whack this guy he owes the Wrights money, Take down this guy he's squatting in a farm on the outskirts of Modoc - it would still be a fun addition to the game. Especially if they could be assigned to a group of players.
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 08:06:12 pm »

I have batter idea, maybe next time I will make Vault City guards counterattack and raid their base. You can call it roleplay event
Please do it. Wasteland is harsh for all.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 08:25:21 pm »

Please do it. Wasteland is harsh for all.

Then NPCs should just raid their base (if they find out their location somehow), slay everything on sight and then vanish. Because thats the only thing they can do to them right now...
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 08:29:17 pm »

Then NPCs should just raid their base (if they find out their location somehow), slay everything on sight and then vanish. Because thats the only thing they can do to them right now...
Uhm... That's exactly what Jovanka wanted to do, no?
<Izual> Let's crash server
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.