"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:17:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Something amazing just happened  (Read 4871 times)

Something amazing just happened
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:41:20 am »

I finally got some armor and a couple weapons and was out killing stuff to get my level up when someone came along and killed me.  I lost some caps, guns, armor, etc.  I respawned somewhere and played for another ten minutes until the server kicked me off.  I logged back on and it appears there was a rollback.  I had all my stuff back...but I was dead.  I couldn't go to the map, because I was dead.  I couldn't travel, because I was dead.  I had -9 HP.  I was looking through my inventory when I noticed I suddenly had -7 HP, then -5, -3, -1, *grunting sound*, 1 HP and my guy was alive with all his stuff.  Awesome.  Server rollbacks are good for something apparently.
Re: Something amazing just happened
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:02:09 am »

There is something like - healing rate - its the amount of HP healed by your char every X minuts.
And roll back well... its make people angry when he win a fight and have a lot of loot and then he loose everything... but good for you.

Make long and happy life in your armor and guns.. :)

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:02 am »

In your character screen you can see a statistic called Healing Rate and that is how many HP you regenerate every 3 minutes if you are not in battle.

You got lucky nobody came over to kill you :)
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:21 pm »

These rollbacks are annoying. I've lost out on a lot of stuff many times. The only time they are not annoying is if you're sitting around town trying to sell something for 20 minutes.

Not only that but they occur almost every hour. Plus the server has a ping spike of like 2k+ every now and again too.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:34:32 pm »

Yeah, sometimes you get your stuff back due to rollbacks... and more often sometimes you loose a fuckin' lot. And what i hate more about the rollbacks, is that they sometimes glitch - that is, once i was playing with my pals, we were in Gecko mine, server crash, rollback. They rollbacked all to Ghost farm, i, queer, stayed inside Gecko mine by myself. Position not rollbacked, but items were - didnt have any ores or stuff.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 03:43:15 pm »

Yeah, sometimes you get your stuff back due to rollbacks... and more often sometimes you loose a fuckin' lot. And what i hate more about the rollbacks, is that they sometimes glitch - that is, once i was playing with my pals, we were in Gecko mine, server crash, rollback. They rollbacked all to Ghost farm, i, queer, stayed inside Gecko mine by myself. Position not rollbacked, but items were - didnt have any ores or stuff.
1) True, once, in pre-wipe, my rocketlauncher-suicider in NCR rollbacked in respawn point, but he got his rocketlauncher+1 rocket+1 leather jacket, but he looked like bluesuiter (rocketlauncher was in off-hand, so I didn't saw it). And only in worldmap I reflexive pressed "I" button, I did it from time to time, don't know why, and... I saw that he has all items. I put off jacket and then put on again, and only then skin changed.
2) When I was completing quest (after wipe) and used x2 mentats to get max. reward from Joining Mordino Family quest, I completed it, and then I went to tent to store reward items, then I went to Modoc (I still have 7 CH) to take quest at Balthas, but in few minutes there was The RollBack. When I logged in, I was in Modoc, but with items from reward (like I didn't go to a tent before Modoc)...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:04:28 pm »

I'm surprised this doesn't piss more people off and is just mentioned about now.

It would be acceptable if it only happened once, maybe twice in a day. But it's every hour or so.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 05:05:24 pm »

True, it is unacceptable !
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:09:01 pm »

Sometimes you roll back without ores, but with CD...
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 05:41:06 pm »

Yeah sure - try to clean up whole ghost farm (and I mean really whole, would be like 1500-2000xp) and then have a rollback..:)))
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »

I don't think anyone likes the rollbacks.  This is the one time they've helped me and it still doesn't seem fair.  Does anyone know what causes them and if it would be possible to stop it somehow?  I think people would be willing to donate $5 or so if that meant getting a decent server.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 11:31:39 pm »

I don't think anyone likes the rollbacks.  This is the one time they've helped me and it still doesn't seem fair.  Does anyone know what causes them and if it would be possible to stop it somehow?  I think people would be willing to donate $5 or so if that meant getting a decent server.
Read the news. It's still not solved.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=768.0
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:48:17 pm »

The Soviet Vault Network, based in Cherynobl and employing many psychics, is attempting to reverse the War with timewaves.
      This explains the lags and rollbacks.
The whole world is experiencing anomalies like in Stalker.

This also explains all the Russians running around in post-nuclear California- they are natives that have been possessed by ghosts killed in the War and amplified by the Timewaves.   
(The USSR psychics blow the Soviet ghosts over the ocean with their psychic energy. Side effect?)

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 11:56:11 pm »

The Soviet Vault Network, based in Cherynobl and employing many psychics, is attempting to reverse the War with timewaves.
      This explains the lags and rollbacks.
The whole world is experiencing anomalies like in Stalker.

This also explains all the Russians running around in post-nuclear California- they are natives that have been possessed by ghosts killed in the War and amplified by the Timewaves.   
(The USSR psychics blow the Soviet ghosts over the ocean with their psychic energy. Side effect?)

This would also explain why they are filled with rage and kill anyone speaking english, still if they're possesing the body of a native they should at least know how to speak either spanish or english, considering that i think there would have been an abundance of spanish speaking residents.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:46 pm »

This would also explain why they are filled with rage and kill anyone speaking english

Can you elaborate?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.