"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 11:09:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Something amazing just happened  (Read 4865 times)

Re: Something amazing just happened
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 12:15:01 am »

This would also explain why they are filled with rage and kill anyone speaking english, still if they're possesing the body of a native they should at least know how to speak either spanish or english, considering that i think there would have been an abundance of spanish speaking residents.

Maybe it's not the kind of possesion that gives memory/skill access.

Why does it bother people so much that it is a multilingual server?
I find the cyrillic gibberish amusing.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 12:16:05 am »

sure, russians dont like americans and pk people without cyryllic names on sight while they let russians wander like free range cattle.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 12:20:55 am »

My murdering alts usually have cyrillic names.

False flag FTW.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 12:28:13 am »

Read the news. It's still not solved.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=768.0

Yeah, I read that thread but there haven't been any updates for a while.  It sounds like the problem is software, not hardware.  (Can someone confirm this?)  But that post was started months ago and there are still rollbacks every 90 minutes or so.  It would be nice to have more regular updates on the problems. 

Aricvomit

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:33:51 am »

Maybe it's not the kind of possesion that gives memory/skill access.

Why does it bother people so much that it is a multilingual server?
I find the cyrillic gibberish amusing.

Hehehehe, you should know by know. If ya live in the U.S. and dont know how to read, speak, or write in English normal Americans are gonna realllllllly not like you, as your making it a pain in the ass to even deal with you. besides this game is intended to be played by people that read english hence why all npc dialouge is in english. maybe thats why russians end up being pks all the time because they cant pve because they're illiterate.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 12:42:22 am »

Hehehehe, you should know by know. If ya live in the U.S. and dont know how to read, speak, or write in English normal Americans are gonna realllllllly not like you, as your making it a pain in the ass to even deal with you. besides this game is intended to be played by people that read english hence why all npc dialouge is in english. maybe thats why russians end up being pks all the time because they cant pve because they're illiterate.

Fallout was way bigger in the "Eastern Bloc" than in US and Western Europe.

Player base skews the demographics away from the original implementation.

Perhaps a pictogram communication system that floats above heads would be doable. Have a menu of signals like International Road Signs.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 01:21:15 am »

I think pictures work better, because if you don't understand Russian you will still get the meaning.  :P

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 02:25:19 am »

Again this American facist.
I'm not Russian, I'm Pole. My char has a name with latin letters, not cyryllic. I'm not PK, rather being PK'd, and I don't split people between native english and non-native as long as I can understand them a bit. I even don't care about nationality of every player I meet, why should I.
Is there something wrong with me? In which box you want to put me, mr. Aricvomit? And what about MDK, which is, AFAIK, american PK-gang? They are fine, becuase they kill these f*king Russians?
Weird.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 02:32:36 am »

I hope, that if there are a bunch of PK-ing russians out there, that they at least can tell the difference of english char-names and swedish ones :p

But then again, i would love for Fonline to support the Å Ä Ö-letters that we use in swedish (sounding like, Å like the "o" in York, Ä like the "A" in Los Angeles, Ö like most "uuh" sounds, or the "u" Pittsburgh... Insta-Swedish ftw.. :p)

does fonline support ascii? (can it not support it..?)

And in general, i dont think people PK so much for ppls nicks, its just a reflection of themselves in the real world, or a way to be evil to other people, if they can't be that IRL. Im friendly (somewhat anyways) IRL, and like to play as a friendly character, although wanting to be able to smack a ton of bricks worth of damage into the face of a random raider... does that make me evil.. or just sadistic? ^^
Chars:
KaptenStofil
Zpider

Time can be bent, twisted, pulled and pressed, but it never breaks.

Aricvomit

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 02:38:22 am »

the box id put you in is labeled douchebag, and as for being a facist i consider myself more of a freedom fighter to the oppressed english speakers of the wasteland, you fight for what you want and ill cover my end, im not asking or telling anyone to do anything they dont wanna do, bottom line is you call me a facist and i call myself a nationalist. just because im looking out for my people doesent mean that im hitler, jeeze the bashing of english speaking people in fallout online has been pretty prevalent as far as i can tell so the minute i step up of course people arent going to like it, everyone hates americans because we wont put up with shit, and as for the whole pol thing, yeah im not fond of pols either because they're a hairs breadth away from the crap russians pull, instead yall just roam around and pk while speaking in polish and when you show up and ask polak or whatever it is you say and i say no, english and they shoot well of course im gonna form an opinion.

Oh an we dont associate with MDK, and nor would we, my gang is an anti-pk crew, allthough we wont hesitate to pop russians because they dont hesitate to kill us. We dont kill indiscriminately
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:51:41 am by Aricvomit »
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 05:47:23 am »

Man, I never noticed the "evil Russians/Poles/Czech" thing.

Perhaps they stand out more because the language is different.

I've been PKd twice, once by some kind of US/Canada/UK person, and once by a gang of Czechs.

woop de doo

Aricvomit

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 05:51:09 am »

actually i get along fine with most people ive met that were czech, they would actually try to speak to me instead of just shooting me outright, basically the only groups of people ive been pk'd heavily by have been russian and pols and thats how I formed my opinion. Granted this is all based off my personal experience

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 09:28:38 am »

same here, except they kill me because i speak both languages
, and a bit more (6 in total so far, i seem to be a natural with them, except for french, don't get more than oui, and bonjour, andsome other , the point is i can't speak french, even though i want to)
me: wait, don't shoot
them: (translated) why not?
me: (translated) i'm russian by birth actually, so if you'd please just let me go...
them: (translated) you die now, pig.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 10:54:13 am »

basically the only groups of people ive been pk'd heavily by have been russian and pols
Funny, exactly the same as me, and it doesn't help much that my char has polish nickname or polish is my native. Still I can't tell that "these f*king Russians/Poles" are the only assholes on server. They are just the most numerous, and that's why chance to meet an asshole from these nations is more probably. You think that if there was advantage of Yankees, all around will be peace and love?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:04:26 am by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »

WTF is happening with this damned rollbakcs? Yesterday I logged off at ~22:30 (+2 GMT) in leather jacket + deagle + 40 .44 mag FMJ in VC. Today at ~13:30 (+2 GMT) I logged in and.. I'm in VC, but in bluesuit, with 1 metal part and "G'n'B" book. Strange rollbacks...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.